Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for compiling all the data (especially re-doing your work after people complained you cherry-picked the method to make your case). But something tells me people just want someone to blame or something to complain about. So, if it's not this, it will be a tweet he made, his political leanings or some other perceived slight.
Investment Advice
Everybody get familiar with this stuff, since investment is mostly a game of overcoming your own cognitive biases.

Killjoy Powell strikes again. Not confidence inspiring at all- he sounded scared during the press conference. The Biden administration screwed up royally by not finding a better qualified appointee.
A year ago, Powell was just figuring out inflation was NOT transitory after beating that drum for months. NOW, he's making the same mistake the other way (going too far, too fast, fastest rate hiking in modern history). Same wrong lagging indicators, same wrong reasoning. Won't hurt Tesla relatively.

Completely dumbassery. 2% is not possible as long as there is a war in Europe and energy prices are so volatile.
I heard that the World Economic Forum said “You will own nothing and you will be happy”, but I didn’t hear what they said about people owning nothing in their retirement accounts and being happy about it.

If Optimus meets even a small amount of its potential, then a $6 billion market is a lowball figure in my opinion.
As a quick note, my thoughts on Optimus, it is the AI architecture to make a MVP (Minimum Viable Product) do a small set of initial tasks; that is the critical path to shipping. Mechanical, electrical and all other things are NOT on the critical path.

Whoa... Petro Canada, 50 cents per minute charging, about 2x current levels. :oops:
Better consider a Tesla instead?

I don't know who would buy a non-Tesla at this point in time due to the DC fast charging advantages (without even considering the numerous other advantages that come with a Tesla).

I was driving to the Seattle Investors Summit yesterday morning from my ski cabin in the North Cascades near the Canadian border. This was a long enough round trip that I knew I would have to briefly stop at one of the numerous Superchargers that dot the area at some point before completing the round trip but I didn't concern myself with which one. I had decided to take the most rural route that hugged the West slopes of the Cascades and drive some roads that I've not been on in over 20 years. I had no idea where there might be Superchargers or how common they were in these more rural communities compared to the main N/S route of I-5 and I didn't bother to look at the map on the center screen to find out figuring I could make a stop on the return trip. After my morning coffee and stopping at an espresso drive-up in Lake Stevens for another latte, by the time I got to the town of Monroe I had to pee so bad it hurt. I turned off at the next stoplight looking for a restroom considering I didn't need gas and it was still too early to get lunch. Fortunately, there was a Fred Meyers (hypermarket superstore chain in the PNW) so I pulled into the parking lot and almost ran into two lines of Tesla Superchargers! How convenient. So I plugged in, used the facilities and bought a freshly made deli sandwich and when I returned 10 minutes later I had more than enough charge to complete the trip. The Superchargers were less than a minute from the front door.

Thank you Tesla! I didn't even need to use the app. It scolded me upon my return for not "Navigating to Supercharger" which would have made the charging even faster!

It looks like Petro Canada's strategy was to get the first mover advantage (which discourages competitors) and then jack up the prices which reduces their need to build additional capacity by discouraging EV adoption. That's right, just keep filling up with gas at our convenient pumps.

I think this sub misses how absolutely hated Elon and tesla are by large chunks of people.

Rightly or not its a substantial thing
People vastly over-estimate how many people give a damn about what Musk says. By several orders of magnitude.

There was a poll recently on Twitter and over a million people replied. 80% said Musk was a positive force in the world. Not just neutral, but a positive force.

Just because a few vocal politicians and those who surround them hate Musk, doesn’t mean the world hates Musk.