Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla would have been forced to open up the network at some point anyway.
I don't understand the disagrees. The EU forced apple to convert to USB-C. If something that trivial happens how can you think something as critical as EVs won't be impacted the same way?

This is going to end up as a running joke like "two weeks".
It's an actual thing now because we now know Elon may make an offer to buy a company on a whim without thinking jt through. It isn't all 4D chess. Elon said on the Ron Baron interview that he tried to get out of buying Twitter but couldn't.

Does anyone know how credible China Merchants Bank International is? Normally we get Shanghai production data from the Chinese Passenger Car Association.

I'm also skeptical because this 88k production number was exclusively reported by Reuters along with very misleading commentary about inventory buildup possibly indicating demand weakness, with zero mention of the explanation provided multiple times by Tesla that it happened because they started unwinding the wave and ran out of transportation capacity to ship ever-larger batches of cars.
As you know Reuters has printed misleading information in the past, as with this. It's only "inventory" because of where it's shown on the balance sheet. They had on a prior article that discussed Tesla "inventory" and stated that it included "unsold cars" without saying they were probably lease returns and didn't include newly manufactured vehicles.

So you're correct, hard to trust where they got this exclusive information...

The only benefit to elon saying he is done is it accelerates any recovery in the stock.
On the flipside, it means a potential tesla stock buyback becomes less profitable for the company.

Elon has made it very clear many times he cares about investors, not traders. I think he will not care what happens to the stock in the short or medium term. Its worth remembering that anyone who wants to 'trade' tesla over a time horizon less than a year is basically the exact sort of investor elon is determined not to care about.
I strongly recommend buy and hold. Over the long run you still earn great returns, and you sleep easily every night.

The fundamentals of the company are amazing, and even if there is a deep recession, its only likely to kill off Ford and GM and Toyota faster. It just leaves higher potential market share for the companies left standing afterwards...

When the recession ends, Toyota will be still trying to sell hybrids, GM and Ford will be either bankrupt or in debt again to the government, and there will be more new Tesla factories, with a bunch of Tesla bots being beta tested on the production line...

Do you have a (simple) map of the paths traveled and what they might be carrying? This is best served visually me thinks!

Sure, here's a future shipping map between Europe and China if we don't curb CO2:

shipping-route.png

But no rush, right? /S

But:
  • The Fed is still tightening the money supply.
  • Interest rates on consumer loans (cars) are going up.
  • Consumers are delaying purchasing big ticket items like cars and houses.
  • The US midterm elections resolved nothing.
  • The war in Ukraine continues.
Al these items weigh heavily on Tesla. If they resolve, the SP will be under less pressure. But these factors will also affect the entire stock market.

Oh. So, is that why Tesla sells every car they make, as soon as they can make it? And why they keep making more every year?

I guess it makes sense there would be a demand problem with rising interest rates, tight money supply, delayed spending by consumers and political stalemate/war in Ukraine. The only question is how is Tesla able to cover this up and make it look like it's not impacting sales? This is the slickest stock fraud since Enron! It's only a matter of time before people discover that GigaTexas and GigaBerlin are not Gigafactories but GigaWarehouses to hide all the excess cars that have no buyers!

/s

I'm also skeptical because this 88k production number was exclusively reported by Reuters along with very misleading commentary about inventory buildup

Yes, REUTERS is clearly trying to front-run the CPCA production numbers (hoping most investors don't know the difference, or the source). But 'Freedom of the Press', rite? ;)

Yes, REUTERS is clearly trying to front-run the CPCA production numbers (hoping most investors don't know the difference, or the source). But 'Freedom of the Press', rite? ;)
I think 88k production is probably accurate and I had been expecting 85-90k.

I just raised an eyebrow at the fact that Reuters published data from a bank instead of the CPCA and then published a highly questionable headline and article around it.