Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2 cents...With the AI day architecture, they'll either get there within about 6 to 9 months, or hit yet another local maxima and have to re-architect. Why? They have all the pieces, but each has tolerances, when you stack those, it ends up making mistakes. Each team is trying to start the march of 9's and they think they are now walking that path, that is why they've increased the beta. That is the only way to get the remaining 'edge case' data needed (one great training clip is worth thousands of bad clips)
I am out of town and while I have the new software, I have not installed it yet.

However, I was under the impression that one could no longer send a clip to the AP team?

My service center is still using several 2013-2014 Model S trade-ins as loaners, and the guys from mobile service are also using oldies. These loaners do not give the best impression of Tesla (Gen 1 cars did have their issues) so new cars as loaners would be very welcome to improve the customer experience.

If only you saw the faces of the customers around me when Tesla told them they had no loaners and they would get $120 Uber credits. Some customers almost took it as a slap in the face. On the other hand, I prefer that so I can work on the road and finish some files. I don’t know if it’s a generation bias but I’d trade in my Tesla for a lifetime Tesla Uber service without any problem.

However, seeing 50 brand new Model 3 loaners in the parking lot was making the Mercedes dealer right beside looking obsolete ;)

Please update your profile picture.

1itoun.jpg
Done

View attachment 879038

That codename popped up some months ago. Estimated release date moved up. This news could be a rehash of that leaked table.
Or it validates it even more.

Oh wow. Hadn't seen that table yet. My Roadster is coming!!! (I hope). And I was jazzed to see a Tesla van on that list for early 2024. Commercial or passenger is the question, my bet is commercial.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
If only you saw the faces of the customers around me when Tesla told them they had no loaners and they would get $120 Uber credits. Some customers almost took it as a slap in the face. On the other hand, I prefer that so I can work on the road and finish some files. I don’t know if it’s a generation bias but I’d trade in my Tesla for a lifetime Tesla Uber service without any problem.

However, seeing 50 brand new Model 3 loaners in the parking lot was making the Mercedes dealer right beside looking obsolete ;)
All I see is another demand share.

I am out of town and while I have the new software, I have not installed it yet.

However, I was under the impression that one could no longer send a clip to the AP team?

There's been a couple people claiming they still have it, but most reports are that it's done as of 69.3.1- and it's gone on mine with that version as well.

Not shocking as there'd been previous reports they were no longer using the submissions as the # of folks in the program got too large to do so.

Looked at the ticker and suddenly Tesla was up. Checked for other stocks, same across the board with Biontech significantly more than others - latter might be caused by this:

🙂

(disclaimer: I own a bit of Biontech stock)

And especially at Bill Gates.

Remember this blog post of his?

The problem is that batteries are big and heavy. The more weight you’re trying to move, the more batteries you need to power the vehicle. But the more batteries you use, the more weight you add—and the more power you need. Even with big breakthroughs in battery technology, electric vehicles will probably never be a practical solution for things like 18-wheelers, cargo ships, and passenger jets. Electricity works when you need to cover short distances, but we need a different solution for heavy, long-haul vehicles. - Bill Gates, August 24th 2020

That aged well :rolleyes: :cool:
Clearly as a short he had an agenda to undermine Tesla.

Too bad he can cover his shorts at a more favorable price.

Correct, the AI is now picking what clips it needs (human-out-of-the-loop auto regressive training). So, clips are being used from our drives, but they are chosen by AI

Even though I certainly hope this is an effort to improve customer experience, but how can we be sure if the available Model 3s are not due to soft demands (Please don’t shoot me)? 🙁

Bang!!!

How can you be sure? You can't. When you invest in a company, your capital is at risk, no one can predict the future.

But potential softening demand on the Model 3 isn't exactly surprising (if it is happening, we don't know). The Model Y is only slightly more expensive and is a better car in many ways. If Tesla has finally, finally(!) caught up with demand on one of their vehicles enough to supply their service centers after 14 years in operation, it isn't a bad thing. I'm quite sure they'll figure out what to do going forward. Like any auto manufacturer, models go through cycles, and manufacturers will shift production from one model to another as demand changes.

Update Norway Vin tracker:

Going a bit backwards I’m afraid. For a slow ramp with two shifts 4K would be more fitting right now.

It's best not to give an update every 2-3 days (until the end of the quarter). Not only is it overkill, the time period is also too short to draw conclusions. There are too many variables, like shipping times, weekend closures, etc. An update every 1 or 2 weeks will provide a better picture of what's going on in Berlin.

Clearly as a short he had an agenda to undermine Tesla.

What is extra weird about Gates saying "electric vehicles will probably never be a practical solution for things like 18-wheelers," is that actually-on-the-road EV 18 wheelers already existed when he said it in August 2020.

BYDs 8TT for example has been in operation since 2018. Volvo was piloting the VNR in real world use in 2019. Range is much less than the Tesla semi, but it's two of (several) models of EV 18 wheelers that are practical solutions for the tasks they're already being used for.

What is extra weird about Gates saying "electric vehicles will probably never be a practical solution for things like 18-wheelers," is that actually-on-the-road EV 18 wheelers already existed when he said it in August 2020.

BYDs 8TT for example has been in operation since 2018. Volvo was piloting the VNR in real world use in 2019. Range is much less than the Tesla semi, but it's two of (several) models of EV 18 wheelers that are practical solutions for the tasks they're already being used for.
Gates says a lot of wacky things.

It's best not to give an update every 2-3 days (until the end of the quarter). Not only is it overkill, the time period is also too short to draw conclusions. There are too many variables, like shipping times, weekend closures, etc. An update every 1 or 2 weeks will provide a better picture of what's going on in Berlin.
It’s actually even less useful than that because Tesla makes bins in batches and like you said, we don’t know the logic of how Tesla is shipping out vins and to what locations.

About 4 weeks ago, this tracker has Berlin weekly production at near 4000/week which was clearly not the case. It just calculated it that way because a wave of vins being registered showed a big jump from the last batch. Since then, the vins being registered have “filled out” that batch of overall vin number. At some point over the next week or two, we’ll likely see a batch of vins being registered that show a big jump from the current batch and then the weekly estimate will go back to something like 4000 week or higher.

The most useful way to use this data input is to continually add each weekly rate together as new weeks comes out and then average them out to see how the true weekly average is progressing

Last edited:
Correct, the AI is now picking what clips it needs (human-out-of-the-loop auto regressive training). So, clips are being used from our drives, but they are chosen by AI
Is this new and/or part of Dojo coming online?

Previously the process was described as collecting clips of interest by writing a "trigger" to grab a clip meeting specific criteria. I believe determining the scenerios of interest (i.e. disengaging when entering a round-about, etc..._) was a manual process (possibly augmented by some auto-categorization tools), I believe building the trigger was also something a human did.

Are those processes now AI driven as they move towards auto-labelling capability?