Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Technically, but that complicates things. An F350 can carry 6 people and doesn't require a CDL. Also has a bed that can be used if your trailer isn't a gooseneck.
It is an interesting problem....
I'm not even sure it's one we need to solve. The % of miles used by these edge cases are tiny in the scheme of things. Let boutique companies handle the mid/heavy pickup market for the foreseeable future. Economics will get those folks to either just book freight on an autonomous semi or modify how they do business.

Technically, but that complicates things. An F350 can carry 6 people and doesn't require a CDL. Also has a bed that can be used if your trailer isn't a gooseneck.

I'm not even sure it's one we need to solve. The % of miles used by these edge cases are tiny in the scheme of things. Let boutique companies handle the mid/heavy pickup market for the foreseeable future. Economics will get those folks to either just book freight on an autonomous semi or modify how they do business.
It will be a halo semi.

My 10 year old son is one of the kids who helps with the unload line at school. There’s three kids every day that help and every day the principal has to designate one of the kids who gets to open Tesla doors, otherwise they fight over who gets to open those? You can’t make this stuff up!

I know few people more obsessed with Tesla than my son. He’s definitely fighting FUD on the frontlines. He loves to tell me when he’s able to fact check someone about Tesla.

The future car buyers of America know what’s up, and IMO this is not a trivial detail.
My wife is a fifth grade teacher. She says the exact same thing. Kids love Teslas!

Let's see. Remember when Sandy M. asked Doug Field and Jim Farley in an interview last year they were open but undecided on this topic. With Kyle (Out of Spec) running around telling everyone to not buy a CCS car it may push them over the edge, especially if they can can get quick access to the whole network with adaptors until the cars change over.

And that’s why it shouldn’t happen.

They dug their heels in and resisted making BEV that people actually want forever, they should lay in the mess they made just like GM.

I disagree with this. I've driven both the Mach-E and the Lightning and they aren't bad EV's. I still vastly prefer my Model Y, but I think Ford is doing pretty good for being late to the game and playing catch up.

Ford switching to NACS would be great both for Ford and for Tesla, and it would be terrifying for every other EV maker.

I disagree with this. I've driven both the Mach-E and the Lightning and they aren't bad EV's. I still vastly prefer my Model Y, but I think Ford is doing pretty good for being late to the game and playing catch up.

Ford switching to NACS would be great both for Ford and for Tesla, and it would be terrifying for every other EV maker.
I will accept it but only if Tesla gets a 51% stake in Ford BEV divisions in return. 🙂

Otherwise, to hell with them.

The world has already decided the DC charging standard, and it’s not NACS. Even the name is very limited, as the world does not revolve around US. It’s exactly like continuing to promote CDMA after the world decided on GSM. Interested, haha. When Telsa jacks up our supercharger rates, Tesla owners have no other options for fast DC charging, jut another Elon checkmate move, suck it rest of the world

So this is going to bring us back up to ATH by next week, right?
Sure.

E18EE2B7-BF74-4C87-A7A6-9FCA1D4D9B0A.jpeg

If this ain’t happen.

And that’s why it shouldn’t happen.

They dug their heels in and resisted making BEV that people actually want forever, they should lay in the mess they made just like GM.
Tesla has already said they will open the network. Think about the cost savings for Tesla and the better utilization for all chargers. If Ford does this NACS will become the standard in North America as it should.