Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 10 year old son is one of the kids who helps with the unload line at school
I believe I'm well aware of the US' dependency on cars in all areas of life, but this sentence stil surprises me and makes me even more fortunate to never have had to rely on cars in my life (as a French, where most cities have high population density and -still- have good public transportation options).

I'm 100% behind Tesla to make the switch to EV but I wish we/Tesla would do something to reduce the reliance on cars for everything and make our cities denser / more walkable. I can't wait for all cars to be electric and autonomous but that's unavoidable with Tesla's roadmap and ambition, so I hope Tesla will next try to make transportation as unneeded as possible (in distance traveled but also in total weight transported).

Tesla should tell them: “You had your chance, Junior”

😁
I would be 100% on board if Ford switched over. It would be a massive coup for both Ford & Tesla, and it would be a big push forward towards having the best as a standard.

It would be the demise of the bulky CCS, hopefully, and that's a good thing. More Tesla chargers in the wild helps the vast majority of EV users...

I hope this is still relevant enough as a potential future product or application of the Semi, but our friend Dave Lee posted some AI examples. Most are "shut up and take my money". I'd love a fully EV RV. Probably just have Tesla sell the Semi and have a third party deal with the BS but still. Most RVs now take gas/diesel, propane, and still wind up plugging into the grid.

Please not Zion.

The world has already decided the DC charging standard, and it’s not NACS. Even the name is very limited, as the world does not revolve around US. It’s exactly like continuing to promote CDMA after the world decided on GSM. Interested, haha. When Telsa jacks up our supercharger rates, Tesla owners have no other options for fast DC charging, jut another Elon checkmate move, suck it rest of the world
Well, except for CCS and Chademo. We have both adapters. They work fine.

It's not a perfect analogy between Standard Oil and Tesla supercharging. But I think it's close.

Dude, just wow. Do you know why the Standard Oil monopoly was broken up?

"In Standard Oil Co. of New Jersey v. United States (1911), the Supreme Court unanimously upheld a lower court's ruling and ruled that the Standard Oil Trust was a monopoly that illegally restrained trade in violation of the Sherman Antitrust Act."​

Please tell us how Tesla is illegally restaining trade? Otherwise, this claim is as close to wrong as is possible to be. Tesla is ENCOURAGING trade, not restraining it.

Yegads.

The big difference between those and EV of course is refueling. Doesn't really matter if your range is cut in half when fueling stations are everywhere and it only takes 5 minutes. EV's aren't there yet.
Meh. Depends on the persons needs. About 3/4 of the miles on our model Y are towing our little trailer. Our old grand Cherokee couldn’t hold a candle to the y as far as towing. Everyone has different needs and travels differently.

And that’s why it shouldn’t happen.

They dug their heels in and resisted making BEV that people actually want forever, they should lay in the mess they made just like GM.
I know it's tempting to feel that way. But it's just business for most folks (Elon being an exception). Besides, a goal for Tesla is to move the world to sustainable transport, and spurring others on is one way to do that.

That's why I hoped the Bolt was a wild success despite the fact GM crushed the EV1. I hoped it would make them take notice and make strides to make BEV's profitable. Nothing like adding to the bottom line to help change allegiances. If they can eventually make enough profit to give the petroleum companies the finger, even better.

In the same way I support Ford adopting NACS. I hope it gives them an advantage they can use. And it removes an obstacle that the nay-sayers in an admittedly tough demographic can point at regarding BEV's. Let them marvel at the cost & convenience of a Supercharger as compared to a gas pump or broken EA charge station.

Besides, my selfish interest says that if other manufacturers follow suit and we can avoid having CCS dominate North America, I'm all for it... I like my Tesla Connector. CCS Combo's design offends me...

Without Tesla we’d all still be stuck waiting for the OEM’s to make compelling EV’s or we’d be buying Chinese cars.
In my opinion, without Tesla, the world would probably still be 100% ICE, and probably still be thinking that an electric car was not a viable possibility.

Kind of like the concept of landing rockets, and reusing them. Who would have thought? The rocket scientists and engineers of the day could not even imagine the obvious.

Honestly, without Tesla, it's my hunch that there would be no EVs. GM tried pretty hard to slam that door shut earlier on.

It’s a relatively cheap way of solving the US charging disaster. A NACS “partnership” between Ford and Tesla for access to existing SC network would guarantee Ford EV customers a painless road-tripping experience.

Seems like a good way for Ford to differentiate itself from other non-Tesla EVs and to shift to the camp of the EV leader (not Barra).

My wife had The Today Show news program going this morning. Big story on EVs that was pretty negative. First they talked about how expensive EVs are, with average price over $60k. Then they talked about limited ranges of around 200 miles, range loss in cold weather, and slow public charging. No mention of Tesla, Tesla network, Model Y for under $50k with IRA credit, Tesla ranges, etc. Basically said EVs are good city cars for short trips. Then they talked about how Hybrids are the best of both worlds.

The amount of mis-information on a major news network, on a subject with easy access to correct information, is just mind blowing. And we trust them on topics we know little about.... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I disagree with this. I've driven both the Mach-E and the Lightning and they aren't bad EV's. I still vastly prefer my Model Y, but I think Ford is doing pretty good for being late to the game and playing catch up.

Ford switching to NACS would be great both for Ford and for Tesla, and it would be terrifying for every other EV maker.
Agreed-plus it brings Ford owners into Tesla Superchargers-a profit center for Tesla. The more the Tesla charger becomes the charging standard, the better the experience for EV owners as well, eliminating a major negative experience for EV buyers.

So you're completely unaware of adapters?
Adapters are not optimal. We should strive to use less of them.

CrxWhQmWAAARRK-.jpg