Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a relatively quick read of the 4th qtr and FY financials for 2022, all I can say is Wow! Go Tesla! They actually exceeded my expectations (which were high).

I cannot wait until March 1. It will answer a lot of our questions and will be epic!
The fact that they announced Giga Nevada before the earnings call and the investor meeting has me extremely curious about what is big enough to carve out a separate meeting on that date.

In the deck they mention the Cybertruck will get an update then which is a little weird. Maybe we find out about Giga Mexico, the Great White Giga, and maybe Giga ??Indonesia??

Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 1.56.14 PM.png

Classic Lora Kolodny adjusting EPS from 2021 to fit her narrative. Instead of showing split-adjusted, it shows pre-split EPS.

Guiding for ~30% production growth *with* 15-20% cuts to ASP = flat auto revenue YoY forecast from Tesla, fwiw.
Nope.
1.3*0.77 = flat so 23% ASP cut or 20% ASP cut and 25% growth.
Which is all ignoring the reality that cost of revenue does not increase at the same rate as production. Flat revenue on higher volume would still mean more gross and operating profit.

Playing off "To be or not to be"?

If something is half a B, then necessarily the other half isn't a B. o_O

I didn't want to post it, but this is the first time in quite a while where everyone isn't falling all over themselves expecting blowouts etc.
It's a Monty Python quote: Eric the Half a Bee...

The fact that they announced Giga Nevada before the earnings call and the investor meeting has me extremely curious about what is big enough to carve out a separate meeting on that date.

In the deck they mention the Cybertruck will get an update then which is a little weird. Maybe we find out about Giga Mexico, the Great White Giga, and maybe Giga ??Indonesia??
They will have to show off the final specs/pricing/design of the Cybertruck at some point before deliveries after all.

Better than I feared, worse than I hoped for.

No mention of FSD in side deck.
Mentioned deployment, didn't talk about the minimal revenue recognition however. I expect we'll hear more in March. I hope they use Say again to get questions from investors, great tool to get agreement and consensus about what we want to know IMHO.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
They will have to show off the final specs/pricing/design of the Cybertruck at some point before deliveries after all.
Odd if they slid that out at a generic sounding “Investor Day” rather than a Cybertruck specific event. I expect the final deets would wait until they have a handover event with employees like they did with the Model 3 and Model X.