Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
starting weekend OT early

my standalone powerwall order is getting real after a 2 year wait , generic email includes roof access which i do not need since i am not getting solar

Tesla Energy .... lets go!!!!

Tesla
Your Site Assessment Is Scheduled​
We need to complete an on site assessment of your home prior to installing your energy system. We scheduled the first available appointment for your convenience.

Site Assessment
  • Friday February 24, 2023
  • Arrival: 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Here's what to expect:
  • Our technician will need 2 to 6 hours to complete the assessment, depending on the complexity of your house
  • Someone 18 years or older must be present for the appointment
  • Our technician will require access to the roof, main electrical panel, backyard, and attic
  • For the technician’s safety, a temporary anchor will be used during the roof assessment. The anchor will be removed afterwards, and your roof will be patched and sealed to industry standards.

To learn more, go to your Tesla Account.​

It's hoped that the players and parents will eventually become customers.

Well, back in '76 we all knew that bad boy Kellly Leak was headed straight to reform school, but it's also so sad this scheme eventually entrapped good girl Amanda:

Tatum O'Neal: I went looking for drugs because my dog died | Dailymail › tvshowbiz

The-Bad-News-Bears-1976.jpg

Oh, those DEALERS! /s

Also, can somebody please work in a "long ball" meme for today's SP homerun? TIA. ;)

TSLA.2023-02-17.16-00.png

starting weekend OT early

my standalone powerwall order is getting real after a 2 year wait , generic email includes roof access which i do not need since i am not getting solar

Tesla Energy .... lets go!!!!

Congratulations!

If you get a chance to chat to the technician that comes to do the assessment, could you ask them whether stand-alone Powerwalls installs are coming back in general, or whether they're making a special case for you?

Elon said in September that battery supply might be sufficient by the end of 2022 to restart selling standalone Powerwalls. So your post might not be as off topic as you thought, if it's a herald of a healthy battery supply!

Also, I have always regretted not adding Powerwalls with my Tesla panel system, but I can't stomach the third-party installation prices. I'd probably pull the trigger on a pair of Powerwalls myself if they're taking orders again.

Congratulations!

If you get a chance to chat to the technician that comes to do the assessment, could you ask them whether stand-alone Powerwalls installs are coming back in general, or whether they're making a special case for you?

Elon said in September that battery supply might be sufficient by the end of 2022 to restart selling standalone Powerwalls. So your post might not be as off topic as you thought, if it's a herald of a healthy battery supply!

Also, I have always regretted not adding Powerwalls with my Tesla panel system, but I can't stomach the third-party installation prices. I'd probably pull the trigger on a pair of Powerwalls myself if they're taking orders again.
one other general comment

The process has been quite smooth Telsa Energy is taking care of the entire process including the power utility , and my building permit , etc

so hopefully residential power is back on track and as Elon said battery supply is sufficient to grow this business

as an aside I could not believe my neighbor, just had a generac system installed i told him about powerwall(battery backup option) as a neighborhood friendly option to a generator ... i am now surrounded by noisy irritating generators if there is an outage ....yet my lights will be on silently ... they will be wondering how ;)

Congratulations!

I'd also like to know when Tesla expects to move to LFP batteries for their PWs. I have a couple on order, but I would wait for LFP if I could.

Is there any downside to holding TSLL instead of TSLA, assuming that we are 100% confident that TSLA will be going up in some indefinite future?
If this is a typical levered ETF, they have a daily reset process which means that you won’t get the point-to-point experience of just buying TSLA, unless it goes up every single day (no downside volatility).
IMO, these are short term trading vehicles, not buy and hold.

And yet, it was completely predictable that the NHTSA would attempt to nerf FSD. This is a stark example of selectively applied rules, and motivated regulation. From Missy Cunningham to Dan O'Dowd, big corporations stand to lose bigly if Tesla succeeds too quickly.
We also know that Biden has pledged his allegiance to detroit and has indicated he will do anything to help them out.

The FCC documents regarding the new radar are now public (probably a mistake since some documents are listed as to be made available only on 03/07/2023)

xjqmFIc.png

Interesting that the User Manual document provided is specific to the Model X, and notes " Radar is mounted behind the front bumper"
Ultrasonic sensors are still on the front and the back

Last edited:
The FCC documents regarding the new radar are now public (probably a mistake since some documents are listed as to be made available only on 03/07/2023)

Interesting that the User Manual document provided is specific to the Model X, and notes " Radar is mounted behind the front bumper"
Ultrasonic sensors are still on the front and the back
Don't pay too much attention to the ultrasonics wording. The FCC needs to see how Tesla presents the data on the radar; they just happened to do so in the context of the old owner's manual.

New radar has over twice the antennas of old radar and a wider RF bandwidth. Both features that boost resolution.

I'd also like to know when Tesla expects to move to LFP batteries for their PWs. I have a couple on order, but I would wait for LFP if I could.

These posts inspired me to do a little bit of digging, given we know the Solar Configurator was updated on February 11th. Some minor scoops for you all:

1. I've confirmed Standalone Powerwall sales are programmed into the new configurator. There is actually both with and without installation. I've found two documents, one called "standalone-pw-ship-to-home-tc" dated February 16, 2023, and one called "standalone-pw-direct-tc" dated January 13, 2023. Here's a snippet from "standalone-pw-ship-to-home-tc"

1676678131061.png

1676678229495.png

And here's a snippet from "standalone-pw-direct-tc":

1676680698176.png

2. Tesla has set up configurator URLs for 6 products. /commercial/design, /energy/design, /megapack/design, /powerwall/design, and most interestingly /unified/design . All URLs except /unified/design exist and work, but /powerwall/design redirects to /energy/design for the moment. No clue what the unified configurator might be, but it could match one of the titles below.

3. Tesla has set up 8 page titles:
DIRECT_HOME_ASSESSMENT: "Direct Home Assessment",
SS_SOLAR_PANELS: "Solar Panels",
ENERGY_CONFIGURATOR: "Energy Configurator",
POWERWALL_CONFIGURATOR: "Powerwall Configurator",
SAVPP_CONFIGURATOR: "SAVPP Configurator",
MEGAPACK_CONFIGURATOR: "Megapack Configurator",
COMMERCIAL_CONFIGURATOR: "Commercial Energy Configurator"

Based on other strings I found "SAVPP" stands for "Site Assessment Virtual Power Plant." But it's obviously still in progress because I don't think they'd use that acronym on the page itself.

And then found exactly one reference to "InternationalPowerwallConfigurator," but no elaboration anywhere else. So maybe very early days, but maybe some signs of direct Powerwall sales outside of the US.

EDIT:Clarified both direct install and ship to home.

Last edited: