Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know of an ecosystem map of companies/startups that are focused on building sustainability in the home as a market?

Curious. I'm going through a remodel and reading a lot about sustainability and trying to pick/choose products that lean towards being eco-friendly for the most part. The only non-ecofriendly product I got was a Carrier HVAC w/ gas furnace and looking to replace with a Tesla heat pump in the future.

For example: flooring, tiles, furniture, vanities, cabinetry, doors, blinds/shutters, windows, roof, water piping, etc. outside of the known hvac, solar, water heater, electrical panel, wall charger, etc.
Look close at heat pump water heaters they are crazy efficient about 1/4 the energy of a normal water heater. We got a Rheem a few years back and it has worked well. In our area it takes about 8 solar panels to power a typical water heater but only two for a heat pump water heater.

A few weeks? How about 9 days.
Gotta wait for that Cabo truck... 1200+ miles was mentioned in the video - dirt roads! So plenty of time to drive back to San Diego, put it on a carrier to Fremont (with other vehicles, lol) so they can inspect for wear, see what came lose, check the pinstripes, weigh it for extra sand... etc. Then the reveal. 🎉

Is this delay due to process newness, batteries..., or are there just lots of mini-reveals to a normal process for some hidden reason? 🤷‍♂️ What else is happening that Tesla would be waiting for besides earnings?

TD Ameritrade site already has a demand hit piece on low China Sept sales. So let them short away but hit em with nice Q3 earnings plus Cybertruck. Wishful, but possible surprise waiting.

Picked up 50 shares at 252, again. It seems Ameritrade will pay me to park my shares there on occasion. Meanwhile, ARK is following my lead when selling, but they're not buying back yet.🤣

Last edited:
Today's MSM FUD rhetoric:

"Tesla delivered some 74,000 units from its plant in Shanghai, down from about 83,000 a year ago."

But they failed to mention:

1696867593060.png

I guess we should just be glad that there are no mention of price cuts today due to lack of demand 🥴 🥴 🥴 🥴 🥴

Would it jinx it if I guessed that this monday we REALLY might hear about the cybetruck delivery event? :D

Last night I was Supercharging at Harris Ranch, when a "Release Candidate" Cybertruck rolled in. It was incredible watching dozens of folks jump out of their cars, especially the kids, run over and check it out. Lots of photos and selfies were taken! Whether you like the post apocalypse styling or not, it is going to be a big hit.

Today's MSM FUD rhetoric:

"Tesla delivered some 74,000 units from its plant in Shanghai, down from about 83,000 a year ago."

But they failed to mention:

View attachment 980903

I guess we should just be glad that there are no mention of price cuts today due to lack of demand 🥴 🥴 🥴 🥴 🥴

It is pretty annoying that the media still makes stories about monthly Tesla deliveries. They have been doing this for years, and we've always known it was (intentionally?) flawed logic.

And, Elon/Tesla have pointed out the flawed logic in their explanation of why Tesla doesn't release monthly numbers -- I'm pretty sure Tesla/Elon have said that, with their relatively small number of factories and with varying shipments around the world, there is too much variation to have monthly data be meaningful.

Yet, here we are, after a decade-plus of ever-increasing Tesla production and deliveries, but with frequent "noise" in the monthly data, and the media still declares the sky is falling because of one month of down sales from one factory. The media is actually becoming WORSE -- focusing on one Tesla factory's monthly data and not even looking at the whole company. And, in this case, we all know the Shanghai factory was shut down for a couple weeks and then, when production restarted, they put a whole bunch of cars on trucks and ships for later delivery.

It is pretty annoying that the media still makes stories about monthly Tesla deliveries. They have been doing this for years, and we've always known it was (intentionally?) flawed logic.

And, Elon/Tesla have pointed out the flawed logic in their explanation of why Tesla doesn't release monthly numbers -- I'm pretty sure Tesla/Elon have said that, with their relatively small number of factories and with varying shipments around the world, there is too much variation to have monthly data be meaningful.

Yet, here we are, after a decade-plus of ever-increasing Tesla production and deliveries, but with frequent "noise" in the monthly data, and the media still declares the sky is falling because of one month of down sales from one factory. The media is actually becoming WORSE -- focusing on one Tesla factory's monthly data and not even looking at the whole company. And, in this case, we all know the Shanghai factory was shut down for a couple weeks and then, when production restarted, they put a whole bunch of cars on trucks and ships for later delivery.
We are fortunate to be in-the-know. One can trade on this disinformation to their advantage. ;)

Nothing new, but a decent summary of "competition".

But what about... this!

A Swedish company is making flat-pack cars – but it’s not the one you think

Stockholm-based startup Luvly, founded in 2015, says its debut, ready-to-assemble car is so small and light that it can significantly reduce the carbon emissions associated with shipping....

Tesla stock dips after China EV sales fall 11%​

Of course Tesla stated this would happen on the last conference call. That makes for a bad news article though.
Just wait a minute - SP getting real close to not dipping at all.

Oddly, Elon promised this for the MS/MX well over a year ago, long before MS/MX sales cratered. ...

Imagine how margins would have been over the past year if prices had kept up with high demand, but I fear word is getting out: Elon if often brilliant; Elon can also be intermittently moronic.

I, and the numbers below, disagree that MS/MX sales have "cratered." Cratered relative to what? That tweet you referenced was from March of 2022...so you seem to think 2022 and 2023 MS/MX sales have cratered compared to previous years?

You've been saying this for a while, and I questioned you on it some time ago at this post: Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

To repeat, with updates for the recent quarter:

S/X deliveries by year:

2023 - 10,695 + 19,225 + 15,985 + ? = maybe 60-65,000 total?
2022 - 66,705
2021 - 24,964 (yes, the update/transition was messed up)
2020 - 57,039 (COVID issues)
2019 - 66,771 (Model 3 production up, fulfilling EV demand, so less demand for S/X)
2018 - 99,394 (People itching for an EV, and Model 3 in the news but not ramped up yet?)
2017 - 101,312 (People itching for an EV, and anticipating the Model 3 that they can't have yet?)
2016 - 76,230
2015 - ~50,000
2014 - ~32,000
2013 - ~22,400
2012 - ~2,600

So, if we ignore the unusually high years (2017 and 2018), and the unusually low years (2020, 2021), it looks like 2022 and 2023 are pretty in-line with expectations. The most fair comparison is probably 2019, since that is a year with no unusual events and was after the initial Fremont ramp-up of the less expensive Model 3. And, throughout 2022 and 2023, the Model Y and 3 have continued to ramp up in availability, which should have added further downward pressure on S/X sales.

I know part of your analysis is the recent price drops of the S and X...but you seem to be comparing to the COVID-era super high prices due to industry-wide vehicle supply chain issues and low interest rates. Of course prices were high in those years, and it happend for other vehicle makes in the form of "dealer mark-ups" as well as some MSRP increases. But, you seem to give Elon and Tesla zero credit for being able to capitalize on that at the time and continuing to grow overall sales. Since then, as industry-wide supply has stabilized, and interest rates have shot up, of course prices have come back down. Yet, for that, you seem to lay all the blame on Elon and a steering wheel?

Your analysis seems flawed, but I'm really not sure if you're trying to fool us, or if you have been misled by the writings coming out of assorted biased blogs and editorials in the media...

Last edited: