Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suspect Tesla will not even confirm if it is still coming or not. Unless the 500 mile version is ready to launch or close, expect radio silence from Tesla.

If that is the case, 500 Mile reservation holders who tow long distances will continue to wait. People who reserved 500 miles but rarely tow will mostly take what is being offered.
I don't tow, but 500 miles would be a blessing here in the Supercharger desert and 75-85 mph speed limits.

I never tow and want a 500 mile version. I'll pay almost anything for range. I could care less about tri-motor, give me dual motor longest range. Range is King!

Tesla's are already faster than I need.

Osborning will not be a problem with a product like this, as long as the next version is released in under a year the demand for this vehicle will continue to be insane short term. Even if they don't have a long range version ready they should still announce it tomorrow with pricing if they are planning on manufacturing it.

Yah I agree. Range is king. Dual motor is fine.

In all fairness, that was the most underwhelming unveiling in Tesla history. They were scared sh*t less of cratering model 3 sales
True but if you go back to all Tesla unveiling's the stock has generally not done well. Hopefully tomorrow will be the exception.
The 3 was a roller coaster. From standing in line to place a $1k deposit to picking up my M3 without ever having seen one in person. My first drive was out of the delivery center in the snow. Rear wheel drive on regular tires. Pure faith baby!

Whoa. I’ve always said that Twitter Elon and interview Elon are two different people. Not with this one. Andrew was super impressive and Elon was acting like a child. When he was in a hole he tried to drum up audience support in what was clearly a huge auditorium and got maybe four people clapping. One was Linda no doubt. Elon physically doesn’t look well either. With Elon I’ve had to separate the baby from the bathwater but this is the first time I’ve seen him looking kinda nutty and sad. For years he’s said people wouldn’t want his life. Looks like things are finally taking a toll. 😔

Someone is actually doing this (a "Cannonball run" on solar only, anyway - no chargers). They are using a Model Y, and at the end of each travel period (less than a day and likely at night or when the sun is low...for hopefully obvious reasons) they pull out all of their small solar array from the back of the Y and set it up on the ground around the car to let it charge for the next leg.
It is turning out to be very slow, of course.
Solar Cannonball Attempt Is Going Slow, But Future Ones Will Be Faster - CleanTechnica

I prefer the renewably-powered Superchargers myself. 100% clean electrons + Cannonball Run completed much faster :)
OT OT OT
SolarButterfly, 80sq m PV, Tesla Y pulling _big_ trailor
Louis Palmer out of Switzerland
He did Solar Taxi in 2009 40,000km round the planet
pictures, etc

Whoa. I’ve always said that Twitter Elon and interview Elon are two different people. Not with this one. Andrew was super impressive and Elon was acting like a child. When he was in a hole he tried to drum up audience support in what was clearly a huge auditorium and got maybe four people clapping. One was Linda no doubt. Elon physically doesn’t look well either. With Elon I’ve had to separate the baby from the bathwater but this is the first time I’ve seen him looking kinda nutty and sad. For years he’s said people wouldn’t want his life. Looks like things are finally taking a toll. 😔
wow...did you watch the entire interview??? ... i agree the first 15 minutes or so was rough and cringe-worthy (clearly demon mode ) ... and he seemed more defensive than usual ... but the latter part was pretty good

amazing how different the impressions we all have can be watching the same content .... for me i just finished the biography and none of Elon's responses surprised me .... in fact they tracked perfectly

Oh, yeah, when it comes to government bailouts, Tesla is at risk. Specifically, the government could compel Tesla to absorb troubled parts of GM. If Tesla is too aggressive in taking market share, the political risks go up.
After the short video I just saw of Elon; he’ll tell the government to go entertain itself and he’ll do whatever it takes for Tesla to survive by its own rules.

Sweden should also assume they can also entertain themselves before Tesla will ever sign a collective agreement that doesn’t suit them.

This is THE Elon that will will us into sustainability. I’m pleased to see he’s alive and well. Sic ‘em, Elon!

wow...did you watch the entire interview??? ... i agree the first 15 minutes or so was rough and cringe-worthy (clearly demon mode ) ... and he seemed more defensive than usual ... but the latter part was pretty good

amazing how different the impressions we all have can be watching the same content .... for me i just finished the biography and none of Elon's responses surprised me .... in fact they tracked perfectly
Not yet. It was depressing and I shut it off. I’ll continue with the rest shortly. Thank you.

Reactions: Zero CO2 and hobbes