Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
.... it is fun when you buy and see the stock rally right afterward.
My point exactly. Your way is probably smarter.
But if not using your method, today would really suck huh? (Sorry)
Not here! Again, my case and point. I encourage some small % traded to lift the spirits and REVENGE buy when you can.
It is my advice.

My point exactly. Your way is probably smarter.
But if not using your method, today would really suck huh? (Sorry)
Not here! Again, my case and point. I encourage some small % traded to lift the spirits and REVENGE buy when you can.
It is my advice.
I will be filling my lawsuit against you for following your advice if my investment of 9 shares loses any value!

I'd like to see Musk execute first and talk later.
Sorry buddy but you have just revealed you have your very own Ludicrous Mode.

Elon DID execute his part of the deal FIRST.

We as shareholders voted FOR his deal in 2018. It doesn't matter how you voted... (I'm assuming you own less than 50% of the company) you have to go with the will of voters. If you never liked the will of the voters back in 2018 you've had every opportunity to sell your TSLA since then and I sincerely hope you waited until Elon finished with his obligations under the deal and then exceeded it by over 100% before selling (market cap briefly went to $1.4trilion).

That is certainly one way to lose customers.
Analogies are never perfect, but…

Imagine the analogous scenario when Jobs died. I imagine some sold their Apple holdings because “bean counter” Tim Cook would halt innovation and “lose customers” as a result. “Death of Apple” and all that. I was there*.

From Chat GPT:

“On the day Steve Jobs died, October 5, 2011, Apple's stock closed at $11.42 (adjusted for splits). As of the most recent data in June 2024, Apple's stock is trading at approximately $203.73.

This represents a substantial increase over the period, reflecting Apple's significant growth and development in the years following Jobs' death.”

*I still own most of the AAPL I bought in around that time frame.

because in the last 5 years you have seen any innovation from tesla?

It is hard to take anything you say seriously after you have said something like that...

Of course we have. For starters you can just look at all of the "innovations" that Rivian announced, as they copied almost all of them from what Tesla has done recently. Then of course there is the 4680 program of simplifying battery manufacturing and the dry electrode. And the Cybertruck; 48v, steer by wire, etc.

Thanks for the clarification, it certainly did alter the impression of you after the initial post about the vote.

Out of curiosity, what leads you to the assessment of the two bullet points:

-I own as many Teslas as just about anyone,
and second:
- I am one of the top 5 owners of TSLA shares, It is likely I am the single largest shareholder

FYI I am one of the first Roadster owner in Switzerland, as of 9.9.2009, which I still have , I am on my 4th Model S, wife Model 3, I own TSLA since IPO and have accumulated since. I am not in on a pissing contest, but I am honestly curious. And I voted yes with all my shares and the ones of my extended family, which I manage. Sorry for eventual faults, English is not my first or second language. PM is welcome.
second. how does anyone know that they own more shares than anyone else around here? Or more Teslas? What is considering the most shares owned? What is # of shares is considered small potatoes around here?

Just clickbait article IMO.

I hope we all stop the short talk back and forth and here's why. I'll state again that look up any large cap tech stock, many are shorted to the tune of like $20 billion regularly. MSFT, short $20 Billion on that site I listed below. Shorts maybe also using it as a hedge for their long positions.

Hazeltree's metric might not mean much neither since we all know TSLA is held by lots of retail investors, the most of any S&P 500 stock I think I read?:
"Hazeltree’s Crowdedness Score represents securities that are being shorted by the highest percentage of funds in the firm’s community in a pre-defined category. "

Another site, but only up till May 15th, NVDA is shorted more than TSLA here (in terms of pure dollar amount):

Any TSLA short talk is a nothing burger IMO. NVDA up to May 15th had $26 Billion shorted, Tesla only $18 Billion. Share of float is a measly ~3% for Tesla when it was as high as 30-40% back in 2018. There is nothing to see here and everyone should not waste time on this (at least until it's FAR higher). DJT used to be 40% shorted, it's down to 10% from a site I saw.

It is hard to take anything you say seriously after you have said something like that...

Of course we have. For starters you can just look at all of the "innovations" that Rivian announced, as they copied almost all of them from what Tesla has done recently. Then of course there is the 4680 program of simplifying battery manufacturing and the dry electrode. And the Cybertruck; 48v, steer by wire, etc.
Hmmm....ok so you completely avoid the topic. Don't give a flip about Rivian- never bought Rivian stock. 4680 promises are for now just promises. Its a giant cell with slightly poorer energy density. Now CATL is actually doing something with the 4680 (supposedly 20% higher energy density) but we didn't invest in CATL. An innovation that has no impact isnt really an innovation. The 4680 has had no impact other than to shine light for competitors.

Frustrated people seem to be replying to all of my (still) blocked members, as if they either like it or it's their Call of Duty. This can indicate (to me) they have weak trust in TSLA themselves.

No need to defend everything people. Just laugh or ignore. But to engage ad nauseum, are you seriously thinking this helps?

Act powerful. Be Clint Eastwood. Be cool, but think fast. Make your 5 words really count!
What makes you think you and your block list are so important?

What took you so long 😂
I find it strange that the obvious is allowed to go on for so long. Dozens of honest members have pointed out that the forum is getting so mired in diversion that it has caused several of the MVP (most valuable posters) to leave and not return. It is a wonder why the people with the authority to do so, who are obviously thoughtful and intelligent humans, won't regulate this nonsense. Do those who lack honest intent not make themselves glaringly obvious? If it is allowed to continue, more people are going to lose patience and leave, thus breaking up the wonderful forum we once had (which is likely the purpose of the diversion to begin with). It takes years to build, and minutes to destroy.

What makes you think you and your block list are so important?
Exactly. I want tesla to blow things out. I want to see the Tesla semi factory built 4 years ago. I would like to see 4 energy factories rather than staying at 1...for years. i would be very hopeful to see the lithium refinery built. The last things i need to see are f'ing robots and FSD. Neither of which impact sustainability.

I find it strange that the obvious is allowed to go on for so long. Dozens of honest members have pointed out that the forum is getting so mired in diversion that it has caused several of the MVP (most valuable posters) to leave and not return. It is a wonder why the people with the authority to do so, who are obviously thoughtful and intelligent humans, won't regulate this nonsense. Do the suspects not make themselves glaringly obvious? If it is allowed to continue, more people are going to lose patience and leave, thus breaking up the wonderful forum we once had (which is likely the purpose of the diversion to begin with). It takes years to build, and minutes to ruin.
As far as I know the MVPs left because they were attacked by "honest members". Those sorts of posters have intellectual rigor. Kareri, petit, and on and on. FYI, those guys concerns have all played through to reality. But sure blame a clever troll than a rabid and intellectually dishonest uber bull. SMH

As far as I know the MVPs left because they were attacked by "honest members". Those sorts of posters have intellectual rigor. Kareri, petit, and on and on. FYI, those guys concerns have all played through to reality. But sure blame a clever troll than a rabid and intellectually dishonest uber bull. SMH
Interesting you should choose to respond as you have. We catch the most flak when we are over the target. I don't believe you are as disingenuous as you might seem, but there are some who have obvious mal intent.

PS - Can you explain the useful purpose of a "clever troll?" I am at a loss for why one would choose to align themselves as such? Just to be clear, I welcome contrarian viewpoints and useful criticism. Balanced conversation coming from disparate perspectives is the ideal in order to arrive in between at truth. That's not what "clever trolls" provide IMHO

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification, it certainly did alter the impression of you after the initial post about the vote.

Out of curiosity, what leads you to the assessment of the two bullet points:

-I own as many Teslas as just about anyone,
and second:
- I am one of the top 5 owners of TSLA shares, It is likely I am the single largest shareholder

FYI I am one of the first Roadster owner in Switzerland, as of 9.9.2009, which I still have , I am on my 4th Model S, wife Model 3, I own TSLA since IPO and have accumulated since. I am not in on a pissing contest, but I am honestly curious. And I voted yes with all my shares and the ones of my extended family, which I manage. Sorry for eventual faults, English is not my first or second language. PM is welcome.
There is an old poll somewhere on this forum about how much shares of tsla. I believe the top 5 probably has hundreds of millions of usd in tsla (extrapolated to today). A lot of ppl probably didn't participate in the poll like me so it might not represent the whole picture.

One member I know from this forum had more than 500k+ usd in tesla shares on ipo day for example. My personal guess is that the top holder from this forum (Elon excluded) is probably in the billions.

Analogies are never perfect, but…

Imagine the analogous scenario when Jobs died. I imagine some sold their Apple holdings because “bean counter” Tim Cook would halt innovation and “lose customers” as a result. “Death of Apple” and all that. I was there*.

From Chat GPT:

“On the day Steve Jobs died, October 5, 2011, Apple's stock closed at $11.42 (adjusted for splits). As of the most recent data in June 2024, Apple's stock is trading at approximately $203.73.

This represents a substantial increase over the period, reflecting Apple's significant growth and development in the years following Jobs' death.”

*I still own most of the AAPL I bought in around that time frame.
I don't think we can read across from apple to Tesla yet.

Apple had the iPhone flywheel with the ecosystem lock-in established where they could continue to charge high margins on iterative products.

Tesla won't have that until their ai flywheel is working on Optimus and robotaxi.

Elon leaving now would be like Jobs leaving in 2004 with only the iPod to rely on.