Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it’s passed!!!!

1718247409313.png

So let's actually discuss the new ARK price targets for TSLA in 2029, just five years from now:

Bear Case: $2000/shr
Prob Case: $2600/shr
Bull Case: $3100/shr

Does anyone here believe these targets are likely to be met? If so, why? Do you base that belief on modeling & math or on feeling & hunches? Does anyone think TSLA might go even higher by 2029?

I'm very skeptical about Robotaxis and don't assign much value to it. As someone else mentioned earlier, I just don't see a lot of people wanting random people using their car.

What I do assign a lot of value to is if FSD can legally drive people w/o the driver being attentive. I think most people will still want their own cars, but would pay a monthly fee for a virtual chauffeur. If my own car can drive me after a night out with friends, or drive itself home after going to airport, then there's no need to take an Uber and is a lot more convenient.

I think another big driver for Tesla growth is energy. I could see energy alone being worth $1T in 5 years.

I'm very skeptical about Optimus too. I don't see the value in Optimus over a specially built robot that is optimized for a particular task. Maybe in 10-20 years Optimus could perform some tasks as well as humans, but now it is like a baby and shows promise, but has a lot more growing up to do.

Last edited:
Got the first two of my Quadfecta.
There is one item I could have added to make it a Quinfecta. In addition to the Comp Plan approval, we could get other good news from the Annual Meeting.
Musk will be in a good mood and may reveal info during the Q&A session like the time he mentioned that he was open to a buyback.

1718250127986.png

11th Hour Appeal to Audubon:

You either did not read my post exhorting people to vote yes on Elon's comp package or found it not to be persuasive.

I wish to make one last appeal to you in the wake of your disclosure that you believe you are amongst the top TSLA shareholders here at TMC and likely anywhere. So your vote carries enormous weight and literally could be the difference maker in this tight race.

By your own admission, Elon Musk has given you generational wealth. You simply would not be in that position if he had failed to deliver. Please reflect upon that.

I beseech you not to join the petty ranks of Ross Gerber, Koguan Lee and their ilk. Find it within yourself not to make this a referendum on Elon Musk. Find another way to do that. But for now, reward the man for what he has done for you and your descendants for generations to come by reaching nearly impossible goals in the face of overwhelming opposition, treachery and mind-blowing manufacturing obstacles. You simply would not be in the position you are today but for Elon Musk. He earned your votes. When you say no you end up siding with every evil industry that is hell bent on destroying this world from pure greed. Meanwhile Musk pours himself and risks nearly all to better humanity. He's not buying mega yachts or obscene mansions to wallow in his riches. He's putting it into a bright future for all of us!

Is he distracted? Maybe! But almost everything he is "distracted" by is part of a plan to make humanity better and allow the species to survive by making us multi-planetary. Every component of Musk Industries has this goal in mind. From Boring Co tunnels, Optimus, Neural Link, AI, EVs, solar, Starlink, SpaceX, applied materials research, batteries and (even!) X. And likely there's more innovation to come to which we are not privy at the moment.

Can he be maddening? Absolutely. Can he make mistakes? Certainly! But again, this vote is being twisted into a referendum on HIM, which is EXACTLY what the forces of evil you have railed against desire! And that is simply not true! It is purely a vote to determine that he earned that compensation package.

Please be a force for good and reconsider your vote.

Sincerely,

William Butler

I'm sure it is accounted for, especially in the dedicated robotaxi vehicles.

Waymo would have the same problem. Anyone know how they deal with it?
For starters, it’s not easy for a homeless hobo to order a robotaxi with their iPhone.

Second, to have access to the service Tesla could require that riders have a linked bank account or credit card. And with that, background info. So if there’s damage Tesla has video evidence, full background information, and payment information.

Chins sales were not good last week - hopefully just a blip.

12,000 vs 16,400 last year.

View attachment 1055840
Dragon Boat Festival (Chinese national holiday) was June 10–so Jun 8-10 was a 3 day weekend. Likely people were traveling that weekend vs picking up and registering cars. Last year’s Dragon Boat Festival was June 23, 2023. There was a similar drop in 2023 in week 24.

Not sure if this all perfectly lines up but it could be a contributing factor.

You either did not read my post exhorting people to vote yes on Elon's comp package or found it not to be persuasive.

I wish to make one last appeal to you in the wake of your disclosure that you believe you are amongst the top TSLA shareholders here at TMC and likely anywhere. So your vote carries enormous weight and literally could be the difference maker in this tight race.

By your own admission, Elon Musk has given you generational wealth. You simply would not be in that position if he had failed to deliver. Please reflect upon that.

I beseech you not to join the petty ranks of Ross Gerber, Koguan Lee and their ilk. Find it within yourself not to make this a referendum on Elon Musk. Find another way to do that. But for now, reward the man for what he has done for you and your descendants for generations to come by reaching nearly impossible goals in the face of overwhelming opposition, treachery and mind-blowing manufacturing obstacles. You simply would not be in the position you are today but for Elon Musk. He earned your votes. When you say no you end up siding with every evil industry that is hell bent on destroying this world from pure greed. Meanwhile Musk pours himself and risks nearly all to better humanity. He's not buying mega yachts or obscene mansions to wallow in his riches. He's putting it into a bright future for all of us!

Is he distracted? Maybe! But almost everything he is "distracted" by is part of a plan to make humanity better and allow the species to survive by making us multi-planetary. Every component of Musk Industries has this goal in mind. From Boring Co tunnels, Optimus, Neural Link, AI, EVs, solar, Starlink, SpaceX, applied materials research, batteries and (even!) X. And likely there's more innovation to come to which we are not privy at the moment.

Can he be maddening? Absolutely. Can he make mistakes? Certainly! But again, this vote is being twisted into a referendum on HIM, which is EXACTLY what the forces of evil you have railed against desire! And that is simply not true! It is purely a vote to determine that he earned that compensation package.

Sincerely,

William Butler
Thank you for the sincere post. Please do not make the mistake of conflating the pool of TMC participants with the universe of individual shareholders of TSLA. This group is a minuscule subset and the number of shareholders in that latter group whose holdings dwarf mine will be substantial, indeed. Thank you!

Sincerely,

William Butler
Elon didn't give him generational wealth. I don't know his story, but he had to make lots of money to be able to invest (Elon didn't make it for him) and he had to manage his invested money. Elon didn't invest for him