Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I cannot comprehend: "What are we seeing that other people don't or what do other people see what we don't"

What am I missing here?

What is unknown is what happens between now and 3 to 7 years or so when FSD is fully mature and all the talk about robotaxi can actually start. There were still many optimistic time horizon predictions in that presi as typical.

The street cares mostly about money now and in the immediate future. I mean look at BA, and F today. BA is down less than many other promising stocks. F is well, F.

Well just made a play on some calls for next week. Total gamble obviously but this feels rather capitulatory and reverby today. Tesla might trot out some counter-attack over next few days. I think a partnership on any of their future projects that suggests a derisking would be useful.

I think you would do well taking this to friends/family/neighbors/colleagues. Here, it’s just preaching to the choir.

In fact, I believe everyone here that has mentioned about sharing their experience of owning a Tesla to others could also do the same with TSLA if you truly believe it.
Actually I do exactly that. A good friend who manages a large fund has been discussing these points with me recently. Since he knows Einhorn well and favorably (he was in during the Lehman affair) he has followed Tesla with interest. He started buying yesterday, I surmise based on my last conversation.
A few formerly anti-TSLA acquaintances have been intrigued by the products, curious about investing, but have not committed AFAIK. Of course i do not know the actual holdings of any of them other than some long-held ones, all privately held.

I do agree that we all need to be cheerleading for the investment opportunities, perhaps more than the cars.

OptimalMagnificentBasilisk-size_restricted.gif

You won't mind if I don't approach your ...um...you know

The regular re-balancing to retain a strategic diversification mix, with critical component of a fee-only financial advisor designing the custom mix, got me to my old fart phase with quite a comfortable lifestyle. That includes a 2018 MS and small amount of investment funds outside the diversity planning bubble, to play around with tech stocks like TSLA of course.

My guess the doldrums won’t end until April production/delivery numbers start showing up, and some closure to the SEC thing will help.

[EDIT]: And, after reading many postings here over the last few weeks, I am persuaded that the only credible concern for bull thesis is battery cell manufacturing restraints. Some public info showing relief on that should mean a boost for SP.

Last edited:
Oh god you guys need to calm yourself. Currently we have irrational selling plus shorts driving this to the ground. Nothing but a Tuesday boys. Bought 8k worth of shares. Really wish I have more cash.

This is a no brainer. GF3 is going up at lightning speed, Model 3 is a fantastic product and you know sales are just beginning when YOU CAN'T EVEN BUY A RHD VERSION OF THIS CAR TODAY.

The limiting factor are cells, not demand for cars. You have to measure this company in cell demand which is at max capacity and will be for a very long time. Because you know what happens when the demand for the cars become soft?...Cells will be used for powerwalls and packs.

Right now cell constraint is the only problem for Tesla. It's preventing them from manufacturing the Semi, Y, Roaster, power walls, packs, and additional Model 3s. Maybe Maxwell can help fix this issue, or Panasonic needs to step up, or GF3 can reduce stress from GF1. Whatever it is, this company is not declining in sales of cells in any way.

It's not the end of the world, but you have to remember most people who bought in sometime in the last 5 years are now either flat or underwater in their Tesla investment, when over that time period the NASDAQ has doubled in value.... some grumbling is to be expected.

Tesla should share some of the financial development burden on the semi truck I think with an existing OEM. This is a fantastic project but it's not precisely in the sweet spot of robotaxis but a fairly adjacent business, with different customers, largely different charging requirements, service/maintenance/branding etc.. if they can secure a cooperative with Daimler or similar that would be powerful.

A long term benefit to these financial shocks can be better focus. Tesla's already drawn back the op.ex enormously but they are still swinging for too many horizontal expansions.

Reactions: 30seconds
It is interesting that James Wang of Ark says Tesla’s FSD is ~4 years ahead of rest auto with Nvidia’s comparable chip implementation in 2023.

I think it must be noted that Tesla FSD/NN combo in 4 years will be measurably more advanced especially after billions of miles of fleet data.

Where will other auto’s nvidia orin chip fleet be? How many miles will they have? How trained up and robust will their NN be?

Of course, we are a decade away from self driving... for everyone other then Tesla.

We are truly at the crossroads for Tesla running away from the rest of the industry.