Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
loose.gif

This is me right now

The stock is now well and truly in ludicrous mode. Literally.

Nah regen braking mode coming off Ludicrous+.

With that said. I usually have an Anchor stock to gauge Macro sentiment and then TSLA. Looking at AAPL being down -4% in change is oddly comforting because TSLA isn't far off. In a situation with the news with Huawei you'd think AAPL would be up, but this "hard ball negotiation tactic" is killing the overall market and TSLA is just amplifying it.

With that said, usually I'd be worried but looking at the rate at which GF3 is progressing it's pretty much unfounded. After parsing through the e-mail from Elon about "extreme" cost measures, I'm putting together some thoughts for the next podcast.

Nah regen braking mode coming off Ludicrous+.

With that said. I usually have an Anchor stock to gauge Macro sentiment and then TSLA. Looking at AAPL being down -4% in change is oddly comforting because TSLA isn't far off. In a situation with the news with Huawei you'd think AAPL would be up, but this "hard ball negotiation tactic" is killing the overall market and TSLA is just amplifying it.

With that said, usually I'd be worried but looking at the rate at which GF3 is progressing it's pretty much unfounded. After parsing through the e-mail from Elon about "extreme" cost measures, I'm putting together some thoughts for the next podcast.
Tesla is better insulated from all this tariff crap than most tech companies

I wouldn't be so worried and upset about the stock price if I hadn't bought so many LEAPS last year. Those have been almost completely wiped out. The question is have I learned my lesson, or do I roll what is left to 2021 so I can lose it all...?

Same here, I could not make up my mind, and therefore did nothing for too long. I’m facing complete wipeout now of my entire IRA account

• Informative
Reactions: BornToFly
Yikes on early morning stock price.....glad I sold some at 255 a short while back but today is not a great day for the invested (to-date) bulls.

Oh well, I gather another buying opportunity.....
Amazing what selling 2.7 million shares in 5ish minutes will do.
Of course, that means people were ready to buy 2.7 million shares.

It comes down to demonstrating that soft Q1 was a temporary event, or not.

If you think Q2 total deliveries will be 63k again, stay out of the stock. If you think Q2 will have close to 50% more deliveries than Q1, run, don’t walk from your short position.

Deliveries for Q2 below 75k bearish cloud grows/stays probably at least another quarters, between 75k and 85k still somewhat cloudy, going beyond 85k lifts clouds some. Guidance is 90-100k. Sentiment hammered by media is that’s a pipe dream.

The other factor to look for is the delta of vehicles in transit. For a given number of deliveries, the higher number of vehicles in transit would indicate additional progress in undoing the wave.

Tesla’s guidance is 90-100k deliveries PLUS some unwinding of the wave. This was reaffirmed not long ago, although it really seems a stretch.

Can't disprove a theoretical. We don't know if all the modifications that were made can be done in steel.

Many people believe aluminum in automobile fabrication by its very nature is significantly more expensive to repair.

Ford's experience proves otherwise.

You just made his point for him.

Ford’s experience does not prove aluminum is less expensive to fix. Ford made other changes to their design than just switching from steel to aluminum. You also can’t prove that those design changes couldn’t have been made in steel.

You have zero proof that it was the switch to aluminum and not other design changes that make repairs less expensive anymore than @mongo has proof it was the design changes and not the switch to aluminum that make repairs less expensive.

• Informative
Reactions: Nathan and Unpilot