Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
حساب موثّق
@elonmusk

التغريدات التغريدات، الصفحة الحالية. ٧٬٩٢٧
متابَعون متابَعون ٨١
متابِعون متابِعون ٢٧ مليون
الإعجابات الإعجابات ٣٬١٦٩
Great point. Completely agree, although the last statement is a bit of a downer. Why is he saying that?

• Funny
Reactions: neroden

30mins to 80% is getting close to ICE territory. I know some weirdos claim they only need 2 minutes to fill up and that they will eat a McDonald's burger while driving and pee in a Gatorade bottle but most of us don't mind using the restroom and stretching after driving for a few hours.

Faster charging can't hurt, well at least if you are not trying to get a relaxing meal in 5 minutes away from the SC. But I'm not sure it matters much from where we are today. Maybe a small net benefit.

I don't find the speed of charging a problem and I'm afraid we are falling into the hands of the FUDsters who try to make the case that EV's are not a practical solution due to the rate of charge. Perhaps this is true if you are a traveling salesman who crisscrosses the country racking up 800 mile days but I'm not even sure that is a thing anymore.​

Faster charging can't hurt, well at least if you are not trying to get a relaxing meal in 5 minutes away from the SC. But I'm not sure it matters much from where we are today. Maybe a small net benefit.

I don't find the speed of charging a problem and I'm afraid we are falling into the hands of the FUDsters who try to make the case that EV's are not a practical solution due to the rate of charge. Perhaps this is true if you are a traveling salesman who crisscrosses the country racking up 800 mile days but I'm not even sure that is a thing anymore.​
When you include the time waiting in line at Costco just to get to a pump into the equation, especially after 5, I think Supercharging might actually be faster... at least for now.

Weekend Ramblings:

I suggest Tesla has another path forward to increase bty cell production at GF1. With the acquisition of Grohmann Engineering and Maxwell Technologies, plus Dr. Jeff Dahn's bty testing lab at Dalhousie U. Tesla possesses much of the IP and physical apparatus required to vertically integrate bty cell production.

But the missing piece of the puzzle (indeed the limiting factor at GF1/Sparks) is a large pool of skilled labor to expand. Even then, ever larger communities need more water, which will always be in short supply in NW Nevada. [Ed. Note: +Mars]

So how does Tesla solve these two problems? I suggest that the Neural Network computer vision tech that Telsa is building for its FSD program will soon be applied to manufacturing. Machine vision, integrated with Grohmann robots, can perform a large portion of the work currently done by humans in the Panasonic clean room.

Properly trained by human example, these neural net control systems will mimic a human operator but without the need for rest, days off, houses, or even food and water. Humans will be able leverage their high-value work by building, programming, and maintaining the Neural Nets and their associated hardware. Job title: Learning Machine Creator.

That's my vision for GF1 expansion: leverage the FSD computer chip to add computer vision to the robots, then put the robots to work 24/7/365 with far less down time and minimal scrap rates due to their high accuracy, reliability, and constant improvement.

Add new bty lines using the space freed up by incorporating the Maxwell Dry Electrode process. Speed up exisiting processes by replacing human workers with Tesla robots. Save space and capital.

Elon originally called it the 'Alien Dreadnaught'. Today, he tweeted "We are the Von Neumann machines". I call it leveraging Telsa's technology rather than leveraging its balance sheet.

Work smart, make the vision a reality. Works on Mars, works for Asteroid Mining too. There's a quadrillion dollars of metals waiting to be mined in near Earth asteroids alone.

Cheers!

Weekend Ramblings:

But the missing piece of the puzzle (indeed the limiting factor at GF1/Sparks) is a large pool of skilled labor to expand. Even then, ever larger communities need more water, which will always be in short supply in NW Nevada. [Ed. Note: +Mars]

So how does Tesla solve these two problems? I suggest that the Neural Network computer vision tech that Telsa is building for its FSD program will soon be applied
Properly trained by human example, these neural net control systems will mimic a human operator but without the need for rest, days off, houses, or even food and water. Humans will be able leverage their high-value work by building, programming, and maintaining the Neural Nets and their associated hardware. Job title: Learning Machine Creator.

That's my vision for GF1 expansion: leverage the FSD computer chip to add computer vision to the robots, then put the robots to work 24/7/365 with far less down time and minimal scrap rates due to their high accuracy, reliability, and constant improvement.

Add new bty lines using the space freed up by incorporating the Maxwell Dry Electrode process. Speed up exisiting processes by replacing human workers with Tesla robots. Save space and capital.

Elon originally called it the 'Alien Dreadnaught'. Today, he tweeted "We are the Von Neumann machines". I call it leveraging Telsa's technology rather than leveraging its balance sheet.

A fully self-maintaining robot force, including robots for repair maintenance. Tesla will only have to provide the inputs and harvest the outputs.

In Europe there are lots of cheaper EVs that are quite functional. In France the Renault Zoe sells a lot more than the Model 3...

In large part because French cars sell a lot better than American cars in France. And Tesla base model is not available in France.

Tesla outsells all of Renault and Peugeot combined in the USA.