Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm personally not expecting big FSD developments until Tesla announces that they're starting the retrofit's. Once that starts happening, it tells me Tesla is ready for big improvements and needs the additional power.
V10 has FSD developments and 4-8 weeks is less than EOY/Q4 estimated for the retrofits.

So, developments first, upgrading fleet later.
They are producing HW3 since March and have a bit of a HW3 test fleet. Although HW2.5 fleet is bigger, which is why, I think, Elon said that performance of AP on HW3 won't be better than 2.5 AP for a while.

4-8 weeks is not 2020. While I know you may be hinting at the fact the Tesla timelines keep slipping, but at least stick to facts.

You know Elon essentially promised the linch pin of V10 already in October 2018 as 4 to 6 week out? What facts do you have that an Elon promise for 4-8 weeks is not in 2020?

You know Elon essentially promised the linch pin of V10 already in October 2018 as 4 to 6 week out? What facts do you have that an Elon promise for 4-8 weeks is not in 2020?

Wasn't a promise, and stretching a 4-8 week estimate (wide wide release) to a minimum 18 week guarantee is not an accurate representation of the tweet.

I’m interested in how v.10 incorporates things like Netflix and YouTube. It would be incredible to include a feature to have the screen mirror your phone for movies or videos. Downloading videos prior to going on a road trip would be great. Streaming video anywhere without WiFi might be an issue. LTE could be overused, but I guess that’s where a monthly plan comes into play.
I think it’s also important to look beyond the current uses of apps like YouTube and Netflix on a car and focus on the fact that these things are building blocks for making your car an entertainment center when being driven.

There's always the chance v10 is just mindblowing at release and reinforces Musk's "FC by end of year" mindset. That honestly would be more impactful than any production or financials IMO. There are multiple companies whose only asset to speak of it FSD development. If Tesla could put some money where the mouth is that would easily send the stock rocketing IMO.
Obviously and equally, there's always a chance that V10 is delayed or features are capped.

Holding breath for it is not recommended due to medical risks.

WTF

Walmart sues Tesla over solar panel fires at seven stores
Walmart sues Tesla over solar panel fires at seven stores

on the face of it - this looks terrible.

I wonder if Tesla will charge $1,500 to remove each system. /s

On a more serious note, from the article:
Walmart claimed, among myriad complaints, that “Tesla routinely deployed individuals to inspect the solar systems who lacked basic solar training and knowledge.
The solar install team I work with, most of whom worked for SC or Tesla at one point, can attest to that claim. Could be different now, though, as these guys have been out of the company for over 1-2 years.
But, this is not out of the ordinary in the construction business. One reason why I won’t buy new construction built at the height of a RE market.