Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nafnlaus on Twitter

View attachment 456633

I'm going to make a WAG that there was either no money transferred, or fully refundable money transferred. Nobody's going to put down, say, $100M or more non-refundable for vehicles that don't exist yet. Not even Bezos.

Amazon has $700M invested in Rivian. Seems an easy way to boost their investment's credibility. "Look, we have unlimited orders!" ;)
To me it looks like Bezos is vertically integrating. I'd be very surprised if the sale of vehicles doesn't come to pass. It's more a question of how long would it take for Rivian to produce 100k van.

Give me a photo of them missing then. Something unambiguous. We can unambiguously see the passenger seat, and the driver and passenger side door trim / upholstery. Show me a single picture of something unambiguously missing. Anything.

I have already showed the roll cage in the red car, but that's a good thing they have it.

Blue car has no passenger seat though.

Tesla Nurburgring: two cars hit the track, go slower than before | CarAdvice

ysuvpc736hx8zt1vxfwx.jpg

• Disagree
Reactions: JRP3 and Pezpunk
You really think they'll be able to source 100K bty packs in 2 yrs? Hah!

It'll be more like 'Jeff is left holding 2,000 inferior products'.

Cheers!
Why inferior? Tesla doesn't make vans, does it?
Amazon will order 100,000 electric delivery vans from EV startup Rivian, Jeff Bezos says

I see this as a great deal if they are able to put more EVs on the road and help prop up Rivian - they will need all the help they can get to go from a startup to a successful company. Hopefully, they can use it wisely and improve their costs/efficiency.

The numbers are obviously a speculation at this point.

Why inferior? Tesla doesn't make vans, does it?
Amazon will order 100,000 electric delivery vans from EV startup Rivian, Jeff Bezos says

I see this as a great deal if they are able to put more EVs on the road and help prop up Rivian - they will need all the help they can get to go from a startup to a successful company. Hopefully, they can use it wisely and improve their costs/efficiency.

The numbers are obviously a speculation at this point.

Why wait? You can get electric delivery vans today.

Reactions: wipster
I have already showed the roll cage in the red car, but that's a good thing they have it.

Blue car has no passenger seat though.

Tesla Nurburgring: two cars hit the track, go slower than before | CarAdvice

ysuvpc736hx8zt1vxfwx.jpg

From your article: "Tesla put both its red and blue Model S prototypes on the Nurburgring race track overnight ... And one of the Tesla Model S sedans appears to have a stripped-out interior"

You've spent the entire past day virulent insisting that the red car was stripped, and now you're linking an article that says it's not?

checked the original language in German, the commitment sounds pretty weak:
  • it says "for the time being" & "it is not definite that they won't resume development work in the future"
  • main R&D focus is on "electrification, electric drivetrains and battery development" -> "electrification" can also mean hybrids
  • there are "currently no plans for new engine developments" -> this sounds like he is referring to from-scratch developments, and this obviously does not exclude upgrades and minor improvements
since an engine platform is usually good for ~10 years and they just completed the latest iteration, it's a statement they can easily make at the moment.
Sounds pretty good to me. They will ride out their existing tech on legacy vehicles while focusing on EVs. What's not to like?

Nafnlaus on Twitter

View attachment 456633

I'm going to make a WAG that there was either no money transferred, or fully refundable money transferred. Nobody's going to put down, say, $100M or more non-refundable for vehicles that don't exist yet. Not even Bezos.

Amazon has $700M invested in Rivian. Seems an easy way to boost their investment's credibility. "Look, we have unlimited orders!" ;)

Breaking News

Tesla orders 1 million Tesla Minivans for FSD Network.

$700M down. This shows Amazon's seriousness.

No need for $2500 deposits per vehicle.

$700m on a company is not the same as purchasing orders from that company that is still developing it's supplies. One means you'll eventually, hopefully, get a hand over hand return on your investment and get some sway into the way the company is run (since you've purchased 1/3rd of it, or whatever). The other means you may or may not get a product worth the money you've dropped, and the company gets to use that funds however it pleases.

Tesla has said that they're going to be their #1 customer for Tesla Semi's. Did they say they placed an order for them? No, because they Fording didn't.

What Amazon did was basically say, "I'm buying 100k vehicles from myself in the future sometime."