Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In Norway Tesla sold less cars than the previous quarter. This from Tesla Registration Stats

Tesla september 2766 cars, 3761 in june(Q2)

Tesla Q3 4093 cars, 5600 in Q2

of those

Model 3 3297 or 81% of Teslas sold
Model X 483
Model S 313

In Norway in September 11 157 cars were sold, 6 086 or 55% of those were pure electric. Up by 1276 from last year. An increase of 26.5%.
Bilsalget i september 2019 – Opplysningsrådet for veitrafikken

Compared to September 2018 car sales are up 5% but pure electrics are up 26.5%

Hybrid car sales are going down. From 26.2% of the market last year to 22.8% in september 2019.

btw: Au found that out years ago that their burgeoning export of raw materials killed their domestic manufacturing business through a too strong Au $.

The Reserve Bank of Australia should have weakened the AU like the Swiss did or the Chinese are doing, amassing currency reserves - which reserves could have been used by the country in leaner times.

Great interview by Everyday Astronaut with Elon.

Very technical for space nerds.

However the segment at 3:30 about company hierarchies, department inefficiencies, obviously applies to Tesla and is a MUST WATCH.

Such a good video. And some interesting information regarding synergies between the companies. Not only are they using 4 100kwh Tesla batteries, but he confirmed they're using Model 3 motors to actuate things. So cool

Nothing in this world is free. Schwab's actions probably mean that they are able to monetize the trade better by selling information on it at a higher price to front-runners.
I have never used a discount broker (I used to be a "full-service" broker). When I talk to people who use discount brokers, many of them think their only commission is the $4.95 that they are charged. They are surprised to learn the broker is front-running them on every trade. Now that there is no "commission", it's obvious that the amount they make front-running is large enough to can the $4.95. AIMO.

Still hard to wrap my head around the idea of paid trolling on social media sites, especially going to all that trouble to post dim-witted broadsides about electric vehicles. I get it, I just have that “weird times we live in” feeling.
It's just the same as spam: costs almost nothing to do, and only needs a few suckers to gain big profits.

Reactions: SunCatcher
As predicted (a meta-prediction?):

My prediction for Q4: 110 midpoint, with a 105-115 range. I'm not taking into account anything from GF3, which could present an even larger variability and upside skew.

Don't you want to wait one more day so you will know approximately how many units were left in the delivery channels at the end of Q3?

In Norway Tesla sold less cars than the previous quarter. This from Tesla Registration Stats

of those

Model X 483
Model S 313

In Norway in September 11 157 cars were sold, 6 086 or 55% of those were pure electric. Up by 1276 from last year. An increase of 26.5%.

Hybrid car sales are going down. From 26.2% of the market last year to 22.8% in september 2019.
Yes, that`s something we`ve been tracking for months now. Production capacity, while has improved, is not unlimited, so whenever they are prioritizing a certain country or area (Netherlands due to incoming incentive changes; RHD countries due to people on wait list for 3,5 years), they will starve other regions.

Having said that, should Norway be transitioning to sustained, organic demand, I could live with 4k per quarter - that would still be 1/3 of total car sales in the country (2018 had 148k cars sold).

Last edited:
Still hard to wrap my head around the idea of paid trolling on social media sites, especially going to all that trouble to post dim-witted broadsides about electric vehicles. I get it, I just have that “weird times we live in” feeling.
Even weirder might be the thought that a lot of this is computer (robo) generated white noise; programed to do a certain kind of harm, along the lines of throwing a bunch of spike strips in the road of any potential paradigm shifts in the direction of green progress. As Elon mentioned recently, "If advanced AI (beyond basic bots) hasn’t been applied to manipulate social media, it won’t be long before it is"

Elon Musk on Twitter

of those

Model X 483
Model S 313

Dutch pirates in the English Channel!

Update from Europe: Already 6 out of 14 countries in our wiki (see link in footer) have numbers. Netherlands set new EU record for deliveries in a single month at 5,890, beating former record holder Norway (5,822 in March)! Other countries that reported are 18% down however compared to July June (3rd month in Q2). Conservatively assuming that all countries that have not reported yet are 18% down except NL, total for the month would still be up 10% QoQ. That estimate would lead to approximately 26,800 deliveries in Europe in Q3, or about 17% up for the quarter compared to Q2!

EDIT: July->June

Last edited:
Very bad obviously, but would support my contention about S,X needing a major refresh to bring it up to M3 level (in certain respects).

I would consider the Raven update to be a major update. A substantial boost in maximum range, a new suspension and more efficiency (amongst other things). If I were wanting an S or X, that's all it would take to push me to the "buy" button. I know the 3 does steal from S sales quite a bit. The real tell will be what Model X sales are.

Here we go again. Seems to me that the short habit of pumping expectations right before sales reports is doing its job. The OMG expectation just a week or two ago is that Tesla MIGHT reach 100K units. Now we're talking about 110? Setting up for another miss. God this crap gets old. Still, loaded up with more TSLA this morning. The only question for me is how "long term" is "long term" before this thing breaks out.

Dan

I don't think anyone's thinking 110. Maybe for Q4?
Talk in this thread alone ranges from 105-115. Setting ourselves up for disappointment. You can't tell me that there won't be a significant number of people that will be disappointed with 100-103 even though this number would be a new record and a huge achievement.

Dan