Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps my favorite Tesla Headline yet...........?

Is Greta Thunberg Tesla’s New Mascot?

Is Greta Thunberg Tesla’s New Mascot?

"Tesla’s (TSLA) mission closely resembles what environmentalists such as Greta Thunberg are seeking. So could Thunberg be Tesla’s new mascot?"

Obviously only Clickbait, however it does seem like positive Clickbait for a change.

She’s pro climate change and doing everyone a favor. Her movement is gaining steam. I love this girl. Talk to your kids about her, she’s young.

It takes time to reverse manufacturing domiciles.....but, the bigger issue is the strong $ which has remained strong for a multitude of reasons including the fact that the US is now producing tremendous amounts of oil/gas.

btw: Au found that out years ago that their burgeoning export of raw materials killed their domestic manufacturing business through a too strong Au $.
I think AU was different, exporting resources was a gigantic part of the economy that everything else was crowded out. The US has a much more diversified economy and resource exports are a smaller share.

Also, and probably a larger point, the USD is the global reserve currency. Demand for dollars is more likely due to a global flight to safety than the small increase in resource exports.

Reactions: RobStark and X Fan
People on the right can't stand her.

Greta? I think you are only listening to the most vocal 1% of the most ugly 25% of the right. Most right-leaning people can relate to her concerns and admire her willingness to take a stand. Don't underestimate how much the most politically active right-wingers have tried to amplify their more extreme views through the Internet and social media. It doesn't represent political reality (although it is somewhat effective in shaping it).

Last edited:
People on the right can't stand her. As a company, try not to piss off half of your potential customers. As an investor, be careful what you wish for.

I really don't think she will become any type of mascot. That's not really Tesla's style. Tons of celebrities drive Tesla's and the company has never tried to get any of them to promote or share it. (Most do it on their own :p)

People on the right can't stand her. As a company, try not to piss off half of your potential customers. As an investor, be careful what you wish for.

It'd be both cowardly and against Tesla's mission statement to deny the fact of man-made climate change. Get on the bus or don't -- all are welcome. But the bus isn't changing its destination for you.

It'd be both cowardly and against Tesla's mission statement to deny the fact of man-made climate change. Get on the bus or don't -- all are welcome. But the bus isn't changing its destination for you.
I didn't suggest anything of the sort. You just don't make it the central issue when selling cars to a mass audience of customers. Elon rarely does this if you'll notice. He is not a shrill voice like most in the climate movement. He uses Tesla to advance his goals, but he makes sure the cars are compelling in their own right. That's why I own one.

Currently
Detroit Automakers & Tesla

--3.3% GM
--2.6% F
--1.4% FCAU
+1.0% TSLA
And the DOW and NASDAQ are down about 1%. So why is TSLA up? These European sales numbers? The GF3 about to go balls to the wall? Or is it the Model 3 Arnold rented for Greta? Did Wall Street grow some non-corrupt brain cells?

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Who cares? It's almost like we need everyone to agree with us before they're allowed to buy a Tesla. The biggest Jersey dbag on my block owns two Tesla's. I'm not about to complain that he just likes the performance.

The Mission is to advance the adoption on EVs. Period.

Elon Musk broke US labor laws on Twitter: An administrative judge says Tesla tried to sabotage efforts to unionize factory workers in California. : politics

I found this thread both fascinating and disturbing. /r/politics is a very left-leaning subreddit, yet this post from today is filled with a ton of misinformed anti-Musk vitriol.

Unions are on the left.
Not denying any misinformation, but not sure what You would expect from a left-leaning group regarding unions and laborers.

Who cares? It's almost like we need everyone to agree with us before they're allowed to buy a Tesla. The biggest Jersey dbag on my block owns two Tesla's. I'm not about to complain that he just likes the performance.

There's nothing more Philly than dumping on Jersey, except maybe hating the Dallas Cowboys. ;-)

EVs and solar are the only way to slow down the great extinction. I've never understood the animosity to the SolarCity merger since it is all about the mission. The financials only matter so long as they support the mission.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger

Technically, their mission is to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.

Reactions: Sean Wagner