Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would not surprise me for Tesla to keep VERY quiet about GF3 progress until its time to make some big announcement, when i think the numbers may be a very big shock.

Well, at the very least, I'm sure we'll get a major update in the Q3 letter.

People think tesla cant keep secrets...but who knew about the roadster? maybe they are going to have the same attitude, but this time with production milestones.

And Semi. And Model Y. And they're doing a good job on Pickup, too. Really, Tesla's done a superb job at containing leaks of unreleased designs.

Just a comment on Youtube by Shanghai Drone Operator Wu Wa: (no video though)

"Today (october 14), tesla shanghai super factory officially entered into the production day."​

View attachment 465881
I'll believe production has started when one of the videos show a *hit-load of delivery trucks at those bays unloading materials.

Pic is very telling. Seeds were planted in a mud field (ref Lin Lop). Now the green crops have grown. ...

BTW, even if they started production today, I don't expect to see many if any finished cars today. It takes a good while for a car to move all the way from stamping through inspection even in a fully operational factory; GF3, if it went online today, would be moving at a snail's pace.

What I hope to see is trucks unloading at its shipping docks. If that is visible, to any meaningful extent (I hardly expect trucks to be coming in at anywhere near the max rate), then I'd be happy to view it as a real start of production. If not, then I can't see it as anything more than training/debugging scale production runs.

ED: Lol, pnungesser wrote pretty much the exact same thing at the exact same time ;)

Nice break out, surprised Lora K can’t dig up some dirt .
SP is tickling the Upper BB which is at $254.50 now so we're gonna see if all those investment funds have their big girl pants on yet: ;)

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2019-10-14.10-43.png

Cheers!

Many people say the Alcan starts where Highway 43 turns north from the Yellowhead highway. That's the road to Alaska, and where Tesla will connect to the larger Supercharger network in North America. Unless you have some other need to be pedantic defining Mile 0... ;) (how long were you 'bushed'?)

I was "bushed" for 3 years in Dawson Creek. The highlight of the town is its Mile 0 milepost. This is where the American army started building the AK highway during WWII but I can understand the feeling of being off the main road system once you turn north back where you said.

Reactions: Artful Dodger
To Boss Short

Where the hell are all the shorts this morning ?

Sincerely
Chief Editor
Shortsville Times

They are in shock at the PlainSite connection being in the spotlight now, and busy doxxing and harassing tesla owners on twitter while claiming that they are being doxxed and harassed.

I don't know how linking to SEC rulings about their illegal activities constitutes harassment, but I am not a lawyer.

They are in shock at the PlainSite connection being in the spotlight now, and busy doxxing and harassing tesla owners on twitter while claiming that they are being doxxed and harassed.

I don't know how linking to SEC rulings about their illegal activities constitutes harassment, but I am not a lawyer.
I fully expect them to escape this series of errors they have made for themselves. Their ultimate demise is destined to be slow and painful.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
“We’re expecting a price somewhere between a Cayenne and a Panamera,” said Robert Meier, the complete vehicle model line director for the Taycan.

Cayenne starting price: $66.800
Panamera Starting price: $87.200
Taycan Starting price: $103.800
That was my first thought as well: the only reason Porsche would release the 4S price is if they are not happy with the size of the Taycan Turbo/Turbo S order book ...

The 4S will cannibalize a lot of the Turbo/Turbo S sales - just like the SR+ cannibalized LR/AWD configurations for months. The moment when they'd open up 4S orders is roughly 2-3 months before they are running out of the Turbo/Turbo S orders, not a minute sooner - to pressure all customers that want a Taycan to buy the higher trim.

Which would suggest, if their production is 20,000 units/year, that Porsche probably sold less than 10,000 Taycan Turbo/Turbo S units so far.
I notice that Porsche has been heavily playing the "Up to" WLTP range game in their press releases. Annoying as heck that the whole VW Group has taken to doing this, now that they can no longer get away with citing NEDC range figures.
Welcome to the PRSCHQ thread, lol.

For 18 months TSLAQ chanted "Musk promised 35k but Model 3 costs 49k". The base Taycan didn't cost 150k and it doesn't cost 103k. We don't know what the base version will cost yet. And anywhere near 10k Turbo/Turbo S sales would be a spectacular result. I'd guess more like 3-5k.

I'll say it again. Taycan is defensive. It doesn't have to convince Tesla buyers to defect, it just has to stop defections from the Porsche brand. As such it's 100% focused on Porsche buyers. Porsche buyers don't worship 0-60 times, otherwise they'd be Dodge Hellcat/Demon buyers. Only time will tell if Taycan can stop defections, but anyone doing a comparison from a Tesla viewpoint (e.g. heavy focus on 0-60, self-driving, etc.) misses the point entirely.

Tesla relies on defections for 100% of their growth. If Porsche and the other carmakers could prevent all defections Tesla would die.

(WOT) I am really tired of having posts moved and being threatened with being banned. I believe I provide many posts that people here find informative. My posts do not cross the line in terms of threats/belittling other members/profanity.

if you feel the need to move a post, just move it. Threats of banning are not needed. Tired of the threats.....

<rant over>