Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whoops, shorties went to the toilet, or something? Are we likely to get any news from this annoying trial? Seriously, I hope he settles 5 minutes before it starts, if only to annoy #BabyCharts...

I did a quick search on the phrase "peso guy" and it seems Musk is not making it up, it was a phrase used in his youth, well some say yay, some say nay...

Phillip de Wet on Twitter

View attachment 484227

I should have screenshotted it, but I once even saw a TSLAQ member from South Africa asked that question, and even he confirmed it. Everyone I've seen from South Africa in Elon's generation who's been asked the question has confirmed it.

No, I'm advocating buying the size of battery that fit's an individual's use scenario. It's why Tesla offers the same car with different sized batteries. Having an over-sized battery is more of a benefit for early adopters. I'm speaking to longer-term trends which will be a more reasonably sized battery that is lighter and more affordable which makes sense with ever-increasing charging infrastructure. The future will not be 1000 mile batteries (because people don't need 1000 mile batteries).
Well, perhaps in many decades when not only Interstates have Superchargers. It's unlikely I'll be around then. Anyway that's only a 500 mile range in a Cybertruck when towing during nice weather. Saying "People don't need [select size] batteries" is just the same as "No one needs more than 640K of RAM". Also the 1000 mile batteries will be much lighter and cheaper as time goes on. People will shake their heads when they hear that early on there were those advocating limiting battery size.

To be clear before I state this, I believe there WILL be overhanging order backlog into Q1...however, this sort of thing doesn't really prove it in any way.

These types of notices aren't about demand, they're about logistics. Since Teslas are made to order, they could have just a single order for a single Model 3 in Patooteyville, Iowa on December 15th and zero backlog and zero orders for the rest of the year. Since it takes time to make the car, quality check it, ship it, prep it for delivery, and deliver it, it doesn't really equate to demand.

The fact that orders placed now in Europe won't be delivered until Q1 aren't necessarily a sign that there's a big order backlog, just that it takes a certain amount of time to build the car and get it to Europe to deliver.

So while I agree there is and will be a backlog for Europe and the US, the expected delivery date falling into next year doesn't really equate to huge orders--it just means "sorry, we can't warp space-time and instantly build and deliver your car".

I wrote the word backlog, not the word demand. :) Even if there's a backlog without increased demand... that's still a backlog, i.e. extra deliveries happening in Q1.

The main reason a lot of shorts are hanging on (as Tesla keeps rising) is their desperate hope that Q1 is going to be bad. The more backlog that gets shoved into Q1, the better that Q1 will be.

Well, perhaps in many decades when not only Interstates have Superchargers. It's unlikely I'll be around then. Anyway that's only a 500 mile range in a Cybertruck when towing during nice weather. Saying "People don't need [select size] batteries" is just the same as "No one needs more than 640K of RAM". Also the 1000 mile batteries will be much lighter and cheaper as time goes on. People will shake their heads when they hear that early on there were those advocating limiting battery size.
And once we have a battery that can do a million miles it won't need to be rechargeable.

What the absolute f***!!!

This guy quoted my post that was clearly tongue in cheek! Of course I'm blocked so I can't respond. Now I'm pissed.

Dan

Report it as a copyright violation:

Report copyright infringement.

Everything you write falls instantly under copyright, without you having to register it. Retweeting someone isn't a copyvio because you grant Twitter the right to reproduce your tweets when you sign up. But there's no such agreement with TMC.

Is that the same "journalist" that published Elon's private emails? He works for buzzfeed...

He's one of them:

upload_2019-12-3_9-18-10.png

They want a good deal but, if this is the last time it can be had at the current low prices, they want to get in before it never looks back.

THIS ..... in spades.
Look at Amazon's stock price from 2012 to 2014....seems to mirror Tesla from 2017 to 2019.
Now look what happened to Amazon's stock price once they started turning a profit. Now above 1,700/share
The best time to get into Amazon stock was 2014. The best time to get into Tesla stock is now.
Not advice....but.....
upload_2019-12-3_12-25-9.png