Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, you have sold all your interest in TSLA and are awaiting lower prices that you think are coming? Based on a defamation trial?

I have no idea what a jury will do but I don't find your reasoning logical. Irrationality and emotions do not pre-ordain one outcome. Jurors could get angry that Unsworth is wasting their time trying to extort money. Or they could love the way Musk was standing up against assumed pedophiles. Once you assume the jurors are emotional and irrational, the outcome becomes less certain, not more.

You have no understanding of my comment.

View attachment 485183

Gail Wise was the first person to buy a Ford Mustang in 1964.

55 years later she is still driving it, fully restored a few years ago.

Don't know if she calls herself Mustang Diva but she is hard core.

Although I love it, this car is a death trap, in rear collision accidents, and it should have been recalled. Hopefully, Gail's restored Mustang's drop-in-tank has been secured. This story is old but worth a look Mustang: A Classic Danger?

Next month it will be:
wishing-well.jpg
Sorry to be the village simpleton here, I don't quite understand the memes.. can someone explain the context and relevance..?

The difference is you can easily go to Joe Schmoe across the street and pay ~$0.10 more per gallon and wait less than 5 minutes. Or sometimes not at all.

There is usually one gas station in a neighborhood that is ~$0.15 more per gallon than Costco and is never full.

Damn, this guy is is so realistic and IN YOUR FACE - you gotta love him. I'd vote for him for president!

• Disagree
  • Informative
Reactions: SO16 and SpaceCash
Sorry to be the village simpleton here, I don't quite understand the memes.. can someone explain the context and relevance..?
Three sizes of wells were shown to signify Jonas covering all bases with his TSLA estimates. The latest even bigger well is suggesting his bull case of $500 won't cut the mustard.

You're gonna need a bigger well.

It may very well be true that Tesla is using obsolete battery technology - but, it is Tesla who has the new battery technology (and holding it in their back pocket). Who knows. It's just like with the rumored 120 kWh battery pack from a couple of years ago. Did/Does that battery pack exist? Maybe, maybe not. But WHY would Tesla play their cards to get further ahead of the competition when they are already so far ahead? What would be gained? Just let the others spend a ton of money to catch up - and then release any new technology and put the competition back in a hole and force them to spend tons more money. And while they are catching up, Tesla is again not sitting on their hands - they can play this game for a VERY long time.

And this strategy works VERY well for the goal of transitioning to sustainable energy. If Tesla did not FORCE the other manufacturers to develop and build compelling EVs, they would simply build compliance level cars that very few would buy. So, ultimately, Tesla wins, we win, and Elon accomplishes his mission.
Elon has said that IP moats are lame, and that the pace of innovation is what matters.

Sitting on superior technology isn't their style.

That implies that their current methodology of releasing tech as soon as it's ready is foolish.

Has worked out pretty well for them so far.

I think I'll bet on Elon's stance on this.

Ok, that's good reasoning. I'm ok with being wrong (occasionally), but I think Elon is strategical as well as genius. He's learned the business side of this as he's gone along. Many smart people who predicted the 100 kWh battery, also saw the 120 kWh battery as well - but it never came. Were they merely lucky with the 100 kWh foresight?

Last edited:
That implies that their current methodology of releasing tech as soon as it's ready is foolish.

Elon is not showing any signs of throwing the incumbents a bone. In fact, Nissan have a lead in one of the few markets Elon has left for them - but Nissan are prepping to compete with them instead...
https://electrek.co/2019/12/04/niss...premium-vehicles-not-discount-cars-like-leaf/

Is Tesla accelerating and decelerating transition to renewables?

You also presume to know the "current methodology" - unless you are inside Elon's head, you really have no idea what the "current methodology" is. He is a genius. The rest of are guessing. That's why we don't run a car, energy, and space company - at the SAME time.

I rarely make predictions, so take this with that in mind, but I think Elon will "lose" the case because it's a jury trial and people are mostly emotional and irrational. This will cause a temporary dip in the stock price. If this happens buy everything you can. If I'm wrong, great. Advice.

No way Vern wins. He needed to prove he was harmed, but he didn't. He didn't even show that anyone actually believed he was a pedophile. I'm guessing TSLA rises $2 on news of Musk's acquittal.

• Informative
Reactions: kbM3 and Krugerrand
Ok, that's good reasoning. I'm ok with being wrong (occasionally), but I think Elon is strategical as well as genius. He's learned the business side of this as he's gone.
His current strategy is genius. What makes you think he's now "learned something from the business side" that indicates the strategy up to this point is wrong?

I see no indication of it slowing down.

Many smart people who predicted the 100 kWh battery, also saw the 120 kWh battery as well - but it never came. Were they merely lucky with the 100 kWh foresight?
I have no idea what the musings of internet armchair quarterbacks is supposed to do with if Tesla is sitting on tech in order to be able to release it at a pace just to keep one step ahead of their competitors.

ON EDIT: Your reply above said my post was "good reasoning", yet you just rated it as "disagree". Odd.

Three sizes of wells were shown to signify Jonas covering all bases with his TSLA estimates. The latest even bigger well is suggesting his bull case of $500 won't cut the mustard.

You're gonna need a bigger well.
I thought the original 3 wells post was in reference to the old "well, well, well, what do we have here?" meme, which has a series of three different sized wells next to each other similarly

Reactions: KarenRei
Elon has said that IP moats are lame, and that the pace of innovation is what matters.

Sitting on superior technology isn't their style.

Are you REALLY naive enough to think that the Plaid technology sprung up 2 weeks after the Taycan set a record at the ring?

Elon is as much a general as he is an engineering genius. That's what makes him truly special.

Yeah his videos are pretty fair, but IDK why he has this anger towards "tesla fanboys".
FWIW: A "fan" generally is positive on a thing/person/organization, but not blinded to the negatives, but simply feels they are outweighed by the positives... often significantly. I put my self in tis category about Tesla.

They do a lot of things right, and the "big picture" is a tremendous positive. Their stance on some things (failing MCU's, yellowing screens, etc...) is downright wrong.

Fanboys (aka "fanbois"), can see no downside. They defend everything, no matter how ridiculous. They are the TESLAQ of rabid fandom. I tend to not like them either.