Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trust me nothing would make me happier than for TSLKA to go straight to 1000.00 but Ive seen euphoria MB's before....and if you don't see the resistance coming at 480-500(may last a few days or few months ya never know), that just means you dont understand how to read charts and that's ok.

You are confusing me now because I thought the "temporary top" was at $480. But now it's $480-$500? And it might only last a few days? Meaning it could go higher than that before earnings? Or right after earnings? :confused:

The truth is, none of us know how it will play out but I don't think the euphoria displayed by some shareholders is indicative of anything except the past and current performance. It has no predictive power. Zero. Yet you appear to be implying it has predictive powers.

Am I misreading your comments or do you actually believe that?

• Love
Reactions: kbM3 and jeewee3000
Is it wrong to feel like we are in '13 again
..that would be close to a $3k stock price by the end of this year :p
Annotation 2020-01-08 06556.jpg

InkedAnnotation 2020-01-08 065256_LI.jpg

I respect your point and sentiment and apologize to you and everyone else who feels similarilly.
But I also feel that there is a significant differences in "Hitler" as you quoted and "Cinnamon Hitler".
To be frank it matches what I am trying to express quite well. [I deleted further explanation of my attitude towards Trump, satire, my heritage, speech and judging words over content, etc.]

Thanks for the response. Please note it’s a Sensitive topic for me (and others I suggest).

My Dad was part of a Armored force that fought through Germany and liberated/saw first hand a “Camp”.

The word is just toxic and despite animosity for today’s current politician, assigning that word easily is just not appropriate. So, please don’t use it so easily.

Oh ur right, but look closer at the 'Chinglish' source: 1000 orders / day / store.

Clearly not what's happening. AFAIK even in China, all orders are placed through the website,

Clearly, we need to recalibrate our interpretation of news coming from or about China.

I have no idea what kind of craziness may or may not be happening in China. But, if online ordering works the same way it does in N.A., every online order is associated with a delivery center. I assume only the relevant orders are visible to each delivery center.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
So despite the nasty business overnight, we're pretty much back on track - even those options are up (now 35x).

I admit that given the potential for macro issues I am thinking to sell them...

As the SP rises, your balance between high-risk investments (such as options) and low-risk investments (such as stock / cash) will automatically shift. It's good to rebalance periodically. :)

As the SP rises, your balance between high-risk investments (such as options) and low-risk investments (such as stock / cash) will automatically shift. It's good to rebalance periodically. :)

- and with a bit of luck the shift in the balance between options and stock/cash as the SP changes is _not_ because the options become worthless...

I have a 1/17 call ($405) and some trading shares that I have been trying to decide what the SP would be to sell them at. Honestly right now I don't think I have a price. The potential downside isn't too crazy, but the upside right now seems like it could significantly higher than where we are at. I assume I'm not the only one thinking this way. Options implied volatility is always way up I believe.

Side note. Tinfoil hat theory. The Saudis knew this Iran business was coming (of course they have access to US and Saudi intelligence information) and that's what really pushed them to buy in and hedge against oil instability in the near term.

I have no idea what kind of craziness may or may not be happening in China. But, if online ordering works the same way it does in N.A., every online order is associated with a delivery center. I assume only the relevant orders are visible to each delivery center.
1k orders per store per day seems quite insane. If that was the case wouldn't Elon be breaking ground on GF5 tomorrow? ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
And there we are. Over $100 on the big bond. Now yielding 5.1%. Quite a round trip over the last two and a half years!

Impatiently waiting for the Moody's upgrade on Tesla's debt. The downgrade started a cascade of downward pressure on the SP long ago...About time they realized Tesla can pay off the debt easily AND IF they wanted to the line is around the corner (OK, the world) to hand them more money.

The market appears to be well ahead of Moody's.

Trust me nothing would make me happier than for TSLKA to go straight to 1000.00 but Ive seen euphoria MB's before....and if you don't see the resistance coming at 480-500(may last a few days or few months ya never know), that just means you dont understand how to read charts and that's ok. Personally I will hedge my longs about at this point. You're prob better off just holding long for the next 10 years(not being sarcastic either). Elon has already paid for my car several times over the past 3 months so trust me I am rooting for him over the long run(see my join date), but if your are nota bit cautious now after looking at the charts over past 3-6 months, then you probably haven't traded many volatile stocks before...jmho...but in the end, we're on the same side...:)
You just described me!

Which charts??? I'd love to take a crack at them.

Thanks

SpaceX shares only briefly made it to the secondary markets and then only very in small amounts. Nowadays, the company has right of first refusal to buy any shares, resulting in nothing making it to the secondary markets that I am aware of.

Musk Inc. increasingly has a velvet rope for investors. We should all be grateful that the $420 buyout didn't materialize. The velvet rope increasingly benefits those who got into TSLA early.

Not long time ago there were reasonable TSLAQ authors in Seekingalpha who actually found interesting negative info about Tesla.
Today none of them worth reading. I find that I am here in an echo chamber. I hear only fellow Tesla fanbois. That is bad. as a consequence I have for example widely overestimated the Q4 P&D delivery number. This is dangerous. I want my Mommy!