Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of the things that's been steadily a mystery to me over the last 7-8 years of following Tesla - in order to buy a share, you have to find somebody will / eager to sell a share. I can understand why there were buyers for 33M shares yesterday - I just have a hard time wrapping my brain around their being sellers for 33M shares yesterday :)

Institutional clients will re-balance their portfolios if the value of one stock or sector gets too high. This is all automated, and algorithms are cold and objective and not influenced by Elon's dancing, so they dump the baby and the bathwater.

So, basically in a run like this, the market will be very fluid because some pension fund somewhere will want to diversify and shift the risk elsewhere - hence the large volumes.

• Informative
Reactions: mad474
View attachment 498215

Well, let's hope they dont slap the cuffs on Musk at 10AM tomorrow morning.

So, we hit a new ATH, is he out??

upload_2020-1-9_17-19-13.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-9_17-19-13.jpeg
    upload_2020-1-9_17-19-13.jpeg
    110.5 KB · Views: 45
The coming VW ID3 has been postponed from "early summer" to August. And the one with the largest 82kWh battery pack will only seat 4 and not 5 or the car would be too heavy.

Source in Norwegian: Toppmodellen kommer kun som fireseter

The ID3 will have 3 different battery sizes giving estimated ranges of 330, 420 and 550 km. Or 205-341 miles.

Strange that 11M+ shares changed hands with TSLA green, and an hour later volume is at 13M and we're -$10. Seems irrational.
I agree, but I guess it just means there are more shorts/profit takers/funds rebalancing than there are buyers -- they were active yesterday.

No matter how bullish I am on $TSLA, I have no influence because I buy and hold. And today, I bought another stock instead of $TSLA. Please don't shoot me, I am giving diversification a try and still have not sold a single share of $TSLA.

Regarding the continued ramp of production, the one question that is a mystery to me is where they will get the batteries in the next year. Panasonic head of GF1 says they will ramp from 35 GWh to 54 GWh, but where will they put the machines? Isn't GF1 already packed to the gills? Is Tesla going to turn over part of its area for Panasonic's use?

• Funny
Reactions: AlexS
Gene Munster said it could double to $900 this year.
Barrons this am suggested 50% higher to equal GM valuation at its highest ( by some measure I could not read).

If you trade based upon emotions you will sell based upon emotions.
If you make easy money in the market you will give it all back.
If you get lucky with options before making your bones, you will think options are a great way to play the market. Then you will end up getting played.

You don't stretch a rubber band far out without it exerting some force back at ya

Regarding the continued ramp of production, the one question that is a mystery to me is where they will get the batteries in the next year. Panasonic head of GF1 says they will ramp from 35 GWh to 54 GWh, but where will they put the machines? Isn't GF1 already packed to the gills? Is Tesla going to turn over part of its area for Panasonic's use?
Panasonic only says they could ramp to 54GWh, but they didn't say they will.

We're waiting for Tesla to tell us the answers to all these things. I'm guessing battery and powertrain day.

Panasonic only says they could ramp to 54GWh, but they didn't say they will.

We're waiting for Tesla to tell us the answers to all these things. I'm guessing battery and powertrain day.

Panasonic staking out a negotiating position?

Seems to me that we should have already seen indications of what is happening. Y is coming very soon.