Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday Deutsche Bank raised their PT to $455 maintaining their Hold rating.
Analyst Emmanuel Rosner [Tesla] "truly seems to be currently firing on all cylinders," with the recent start of China production, a large step-up in regulatory credit revenue from January 2020 thanks to the deal with FCA, start of production of Model Y in the near-term and the building of a factory in Europe (link)
Yeah, and they're "shifting gears" while "running hot" and "guzzling gas". /s

The fossilized speech of the 20th Century must be retired. We really need a new idiom of speech for a new Century. People frequently ask me where you put the gas in an electric car, lol.

So how about "peak performance" as the new phrase? For example, rephrasing this analyst's statement as "Tesla truly seems to be running at peak performance". Simple, aliterative, and catchy.

Wordsmiths want to know! :)

Cheers!

Hmm, they had stated goals to move away from Cobalt entirely... I’m guessing that’s no longer in the cards? (Otherwise, weird to buy a company specifically for that)

You have to have a supplier until then. It's also in the goals for Tesla to make its own cells, yet they're still using LG in China.

You would think they would LOVE Musk in coal country. I mean, anyone who builds a bunch of high-performance cars that can run on coal should probably be given a key to every coal town in the State and celebrated as a coal hero!
They are only interested in frack gas in PA now. Coal is dead and the taxpayers will pay billions to clean up the mess the coal companies left when they abandoned the mines. Frack gas is where the bribe money is now. Frackers own the state legislature and are currently in the process of passing a bill (HP790) to dilute what little pesky environmental regulations there are. Now if Musk were pushing cars running on natural gas they'd put a statue of him on the Philly Art Museum steps.

Yeah, and they're "shifting gears" while "running hot" and "guzzling gas". /s

The fossilized speech of the 20th Century must be retired. We really need a new idiom of speech for a new Century. People frequently ask me where you put the gas in an electric car, lol.

So how about "peak performance" as the new phrase? For example, rephrasing this analyst's statement as "Tesla truly seems to be running at peak performance". Simple, aliterative, and catchy.

Wordsmiths want to know! :)

Cheers!
I mean, we still use "horsepower". ;)

They are only interested in frack gas in PA now. Coal is dead and the taxpayers will pay billions to clean up the mess the coal companies left when they abandoned the mines. Frack gas is where the bribe money is now. Frackers own the state legislature and are currently in the process of passing a bill (HP790) to dilute what little pesky environmental regulations there are. Now if Musk were pushing cars running on natural gas they'd put a statue of him on the Philly Art Museum steps.

The cars built by Tesla run great on natural gas! ;)

That's just one of the beauties of EV's - they run great on whatever fuel happens to be convenient or cost-effective. Coal, natural gas, nuclear, hydro, wind, solar, bio-mass, etc. It doesn't matter to the car.

The cars built by Tesla run great on natural gas! ;)

That's just one of the beauties of EV's - they run great on whatever fuel happens to be convenient or cost-effective. Coal, natural gas, nuclear, hydro, wind, solar, bio-mass, etc. It doesn't matter to the car.

Unfortunately for them, Musk is also pushing hard in this direction.... ;)

heres-the-real-price-for-a-tesla-solar-roof.png

Natural gas has a great run ahead of it... for the next decade or so. But it's going to steadily switch from baseload to peaking and enter a slow decline of increasingly diminished plant capacity factors.

I was getting optimistic until I watched Fink saying he believes that natural gas plays a very large role in energy transition. It's at about 1:20

Through my work I've been in discussions with several of the major independent energy analytics firms and nearly all of them forecast gas peaker plants increasing as part of the capacity market out to 2040. Few believe batteries will scale economically enough to cover the variability of renewables supply over the short to medium term.

If Fink has been getting the same reports it's understandable why he thinks that.

Of course, It doesn't make them correct. But it does appear to be the prevailing sentiment.

Perhaps you are not realizing that the solar roof is an asset that is valued in resale. It is not "lost" money that you have to make up before you sell.

Here's How Much Adding Solar Panels Will Boost Your Home's Value

This was what compelled me to install solar, even though I wasn't 100% sure I was going to stay in the house long enough for the solar to "pay for itself." By trusting that I could get back a meaningful portion of the cost in increased home resale value, the breakeven point for installing solar was actually much sooner than requiring that the entire cost of the system be offset by energy savings. I think this is a point that needs to be driven home to the potential buyers because it's an important selling point for a system.