Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CATL battery cells (or whole modules) to be used in MIC Model 3 LR?

"The Tesla Model 3 Long Range RWD registered at China’s MIIT is slightly different than the one produced in the United States, since the locally-made vehicle's curb weight stands at 1745 kg. In contrast, the Long Range RWD Model 3 made in Fremont has a curb weight of 1726 kg."​

Breaking: Tesla Model 3 Long Range To Be Produced In Giga Shanghai

I agree with what you are saying, but me guessing with a blindfold on at a bunch of numbers around the previously-reported number from 2 weeks ago is just as likely to be correct as his.

Thus, the "smartest" man would take Ihor's data and throw it in the toilet. :)
Funny, but you're missing the real opportunity here which is the reliable strong negative correlation.

It's encouraging that the market is shrugging off the NHSTA autopilot review. I wouldn't be surprised if they recommend that the system be set to not allow speeding, but of course I hope they don't. Both tragic cases of user error with the CA department of transportation being the primary fault in one, and the trucker that decided to cross in front of an oncoming car in the other.

I keep looking at the dollar gain and I get excited or concerned, then I remember to look at the %. Oh, just 1%, no big deal.
I don’t want to rehash this crash from 2 years ago, but be aware the NTSB is holding a meeting with their findings and recommendations on 2/25, so could be some market impact there.

It’s also cute how incorrect certain “articles” still are, even after all these years:

“...Palm Beach County firefighters who arrived minutes later found the Tesla about a quarter-mile (400 meters) down the highway with its engine running. The car had automatically shifted to neutral and turned on its emergency flashers when its computer detected the crash. They said that they had never dealt with a Tesla’s ignition before and didn’t know how to turn it off – that requires using a keycard. The department has since given its firefighters additional training.”

It seems so benign to us, but to somebody who has no clue, I’d be questioning why the heck the “engine was still running” after a crash and how “dangerous” it would be to have to fumble for a keycard just to “turn off the ignition.” It’s frustrating to read these same reporting mistakes over and over again, but at least it doesn’t seem to have nearly the same negative impact as it once did.

I don’t want to rehash this crash from 2 years ago, but be aware the NTSB is holding a meeting with their findings and recommendations on 2/25, so could be some market impact there.
Yeah, which is why I think they may at least make some kind of recommendation. Trying to play devil's advocate, it isn't a good look when the article says "guy set autopilot to 69 miles per hour in a 55 mph zone and the truck driver didn't realize how far away he was."
Do you mean the NTSB, rather? NHTSA has teeth. NTSB does not.
Yes, my mistake.

Last edited:
If a TMC poster comes to the conclusion that a link is worth posting, then it would be very helpful with a single sentence capturing that conclusion - especially for links that themselves have basically zero information. Thanks.

I do not feel welcome on this site.

Goodbye.

—-

Mod: It’s common courtesy on TMC to provide some info when posting a link. Being reminded by someone of this unwritten rule should not be a reason to get offended.

RSF

Last edited by a moderator:
And the next catalyst is more than 1,5 month away, with the production and delivery report early April. That whole month will be packed with potentially stock moving news. But until then we might as well go in hibernation.
NO!! That's what bears do. Time to come out instead and smell the ... anthills?

Last edited:
And the next catalyst is more than 1,5 month away, with the production and delivery report early April. That whole month will be packed with potentially stock moving news. But until then we might as well go in hibernation.
I remember people saying the same thing in November. The SP then went from the 330s to the 440s before the Q4 P&D report, with no "catalysts". ;)

Goodbye.

—-

Mod: It’s common courtesy on TMC to provide some info when posting a link. Being reminded by someone of this unwritten rule should not be a reason to get offended.

RSF

Hey Jack,
I for one very much appreciate your perspective, especially in the context of your past/present vocational experience. so i hope you feel welcome. don't worry about the nitpickers! especially do not worry about the ones who tell you what and what not you should be offended by.

Goodbye.

—-

RSF
I don’t feel welcome either, but I’m not going anywhere. I’m just lurking around in the shadows learning from the more cerebrally gifted.