Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today's action mostly profit taking you think?

Dan

I would agree so. I mean, I dumped more than half of my pile of TSLA yesterday prior to earnings to hold onto small gains. Better safe than sorry if the earnings couldn't keep TSLA up. Looks like selling yesterday wasn't so bad after all. I'm guessing loads of sellers are doing so to sit on profit/cash (I'm in this boat) because the coronavirus isn't going to go away and there might be a second wave and take the economy on another roller coaster ride, once some government entities decide to loosen up restrictions in the near future.

Reactions: JRP3
Today's action mostly profit taking you think?

Dan
Smells just like the day after P/D announcement for 1Q. I was sitting on weekly calls waiting for it to pop and......nothing. Then the next 7 business days saw SP nearly double. I expect the same here. MM hold it down as long as they can then it ratchets up as players are forced to cover.

I believe it was posted that short interest is even higher right now, so next week should be a delight. If calls weren't so expensive it would almost look like free money.

Not quite. Fauci isn’t affected by landing rockets. Elon IS affected how COVID is being handled by the county. And Fauci doesn’t have experience running a Factory in China during COVID.

Sure, he has an interest in factories, and can point to china as a data point.

But that is what he should say. Be very specific and focused on what he knows, and offer solutions.

Sweeping generalizations like "liberate" and "people are forced to be locked in their homes" just comes off as stupid.

It's absurd, I took my wife daughter and I to a local beach this past weekend. There was easily 40+ feet of distance around us at all times. They are one of the EASIEST place to keep social distancing.

Where? In cold N Cal or in S Cal where they idiots are packing close together. It's pretty cold and foggy in the bay area beaches now so I would not use that as a comparison if you are citing that as an example. LA beaches in some places are a total joke like Florida.

In that vein you remind me of 5 year olds having a temper tantrum after their cotton candy is taken away.

And unfortunately, you have not learned to read very well yet. I have been posting in this forum regularly since January the behavioral measures needed to have avoided SAH in the first place, and they are the same needed to avoid a resurgence of the epidemic as SAH is rescinded.

Now, absent anything useful to say, may I recommend you invest in a pacifier ?

I held off yesterday as it was the ER, but I am compelled to say something now as it has really become too much. I kindly ask all posters to consider the following when posting;

1. Do you have something nice to say? If not, maybe take a moment to think if your intended words need to be published.
2. Is your contribution adding to, or subtracting from the quality of the forum? Try to give more than you take... for anything in life.

I have been around long enough to understand how this thread works, and it's generally the only one I spend much time in, due to the high traffic and posting quality of certain individuals. The personal attacks and gauche display of gains /aggressive tone is getting a bit much, recognizing this has become the Wild West thread of TMC.

I was tempered by the internet at a young age, so no amount of aggression or the departure of posters will make me leave this place, it's sort of the circle of forum life. That said, try to remember that quieter voices tend to stay quiet in the company of louder ones. There's a lot of quiet folks I like to listen to here - this thread can and has supported that in the past.