Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it’d be very beneficial to have Google, Apple, and Amazon buy small stakes (1-5%) in Tesla. I don’t think Tesla needs more money on the balance sheet, even in a recession, but it doesn’t hurt. And it sends an implicit to potential customers that Tesla is here for the long run.
Lol, "the gift that just keeps on takng" :p

Cheers!

• Disagree
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
I’d like to see Tesla doing this.

I think it’d be very beneficial to have Google, Apple, and Amazon buy small stakes (1-5%) in Tesla. I don’t think Tesla needs more money on the balance sheet, even in a recession, but it doesn’t hurt. And it sends an implicit to potential customers that Tesla is here for the long run.

I much prefer sending that message this way, rather than by paying for advertising.
Even if Apple and Amazon had good relationships with Elon, it would snow in July in Houston before they bought stakes in Tesla.

I’d like to see Tesla doing this.

I much prefer sending that message this way, rather than by paying for advertising.

o_O Them buying a stake in Tesla doesn't give Tesla any money. Or are suggesting that Tesla do a private capital raise? Besides the potential to increase their cash hoard, if they sold their stake, what would Google, Apple, and Amazon get from buying this stake?

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
reversing my stance on $tsla - clearly the downside expectation did not play out as expected
and sp shows strong upside action
time to go superlong again
never fight the trend
opinions are worthless-only market action is the truth
the only reason i have made the kind of money in stocks is because i change my opinion very fast based on market action and act immediately with zero regard to my prior expectations
opinions are totally worthless
i love to be wrong and make tons of money
superlong $tsla
even though i am superlong $tsla again, this time i am 100% common stock with some margin instead of calls
i am nervous about calls but find common much more comforting
in case i get whipsawed and lose big money
call premiums are too rich
common is the safest bett
now that downside scenario is pretty much decimated-what is the upside likely $1400 to $1600 over next several weeks to months
if it happens faster then i will take my money and run

Superlong...

you-keep-using-that-word-meme.jpg

reversing my stance on $tsla - clearly the downside expectation did not play out as expected
never fight the trend
the only reason i have made the kind of money in stocks is because i change my opinion very fast based on market action and act immediately with zero regard to my prior expectations
superlong $tsla
even though i am superlong $tsla again, this time i am 100% common stock with some margin instead of calls
now that downside scenario is pretty much decimated-what is the upside likely $1400 to $1600 over next several weeks to months

Random gibberish.

Probably spit out from GPT-2

This is a presumption, not a hard and fast rule. Therefore, it can be rebutted. California uses a subjective, totality of the circumstances" test of factors that route you to California. There is no one circumstances that is determinative. Some factors weigh more heavily then others, such as primary residence and annual length of time in state. Divesting yourself of real estate in California goes a long way to overcoming the presumption.

California claims you as a resident for tax purposes for 18 months after you leave

Last edited:
There's been a lot of loose talk about 'first principles' thinking. But what does this concept and approach actually mean? Let's work through a concrete example to illustrate how this applies in the real world:
  • 1st Principles: (Scientists) Pi R ^2
  • 2nd Principles: (Engineers) Pi = 3.14
  • 3rd Principles: (Media) Pie R Squared (cake R round; Duh!)
  • 4th Principles: (Politicians) Pie R Free
  • 5th Principles: (Traders) Pie R Hot
This has been a first prinicples discussion. Thank-you for your attention.

Cheers!

P.S. "No Principles" Thinking: Pi = 3 (Indiana Senate Bill)

Last edited:
"For Sale By Owner"

LoL, what a troll. How many people list 40 million dollars worth of property without pictures or a realtor? Anyone interested may get to be Elon's friend at least. 9.5 million is not bad, Trendtrader007 probably can pay that in cash. Should do it to feed us insider info when Elon invites you to his bbq parties.

I sold a property without a realtor before. Took one $20 ad in a newspaper weekend realty section with a link to a free do-it-yourself website for pictures (back in 1990) and one open house day. Done deal in a couple weeks and got what I wanted for it. No muss, no fuss. Lawyer fees to draw up all the paperwork were less than a realtor would have cost me.

Admittedly it wasn’t worth millions, but that’s just another zero or two.

I sold a property without a realtor before. Took one $20 ad in a newspaper weekend realty section with a link to a free do-it-yourself website for pictures (back in 1990) and one open house day. Done deal in a couple weeks and got what I wanted for it. No muss, no fuss. Lawyer fees to draw up all the paperwork were less than a realtor would have cost me.

Admittedly it wasn’t worth millions, but that’s just another zero or two.
Reason why you real a realtor for these million dollar mansions is because there are only a few amount of people who can afford them, and those who can afford them are not on Zillow refreshing no list since they are big whales too important to do such tasks. Realtors will need a lot of manual leg work to do the connection. I don't see Realtors are essential for normal folks selling normal priced houses at all. But when it comes to mansions, Realtors or bust. No big whale will even take a property like this seriously and they are not the type who like to waste time.

never fight the trend
superlong $tsla

Huh. Imagine that. Didn’t even make it two trading days of your several weeks time frame and you’ve done a full reversal.

You didn’t answer my time frame questions last time, but maybe this time?

Define super long? To me that’s like a decade, but to you I suspect that’s maybe 7? days?

No reason to define several weeks or months. I got that. It’s equal to 1-4 trading days.

never fight the trend
superlong $tsla
Got to admit, you've been right at least 10 of the last 57 times you've said the stock is about to go up significantly.