Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They said Stage 2 with lower risk of transmission. I’m not so sure I would think that applies to a factory with thousands of workers. Other small manufacturing companies with dozens of employees and ample space I can see more likely falling into that category. Loved their title “highly possibly” :p I still think wishful thinking for the 8th.

Here is Karen's take on that:- Nafnlaus on Twitter

Also, that's 10k people on 5.3 million square feet of space, e.g. an average of 530 square feet per person (a square 23 feet on each side).

IMO if the county wants to be more stringent, it is increasingly going to have to justify why it isn't letting Fremont open...

California Coronavirus: 56,089 Cases and 2,283 Deaths - Worldometer

New case numbers for today pending..

Yesterday Alameda had 27 new cases.

Last edited:
That's why I think it's OK to use crystal meth or heroin if you live in public housing. Because everyone does it. :rolleyes:

Ok, I'm sorry, I see that to others it looks like I wrote that it's o.k. for news agencies to lie--that wasn't at all my intention and I apologize for seeming to come across as such (that's why I dislike writing, it never comes out the way I mean). I don't condone lying or misleading headlines, but I feel like all I see now is clickbaity sorts of headlines, everywhere.

Just doing my best to make sense of the world and get a clear picture of things. I feel as if Electrek does a fine job, all things considered. Feel free to suggest more informative, unbiased EV websites.

I'll stop writing since I come across as foolish.

• Helpful
Reactions: ccook and UrsS
Here is Karen's take on that:- Nafnlaus on Twitter

IMO if the county wants to be more stringent, it is increasingly going to have to justify why it isn't letting Fremont open...

It’s County Health (the County itself is losing a lot of tax dollars and thereby resources for programs and such). And I’ll just throw out automotive manufacturing was also thought to be Essential back in March but we saw it apparently wasn’t. I think they might get the go ahead to some degree later in the month depending on how testing goes. Just saying.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: EinSV and MC3OZ
It’s County Health (the County itself is losing a lot of tax dollars and thereby resources for programs and such). And I’ll just throw out automotive manufacturing was also thought to be Essential back in March but we saw it apparently wasn’t. I think they might get the go ahead to some degree later in the month depending on how testing goes. Just saying.

That is why it is also worth tracking the trend of new cases in the county each day, see link in my post above.

It is going to be easier to make the decision to reopen if new case numbers are trending down.

Reactions: skybluecgreen
It amazes me that there are people still trying to short tesla stock. If you just do the very simplest of looking at the stock versus its competitors, its kinda hilarious. Here is TSLA versus some other big car companies over the last 12 months :D
View attachment 538737

Whats interesting is not just that tesla clearly crushes the others, but that all the others actually having falling stock prices. Who the hell is holding GM or Ford stock now thinking "yup...this year, 2020... against all the odds, this is definitely the year it stops falling"

On the other hand, if you were older, got motion sickness easily, had a heart condition — which stocks seems like a ride you could survive without too much oxygen.

I don’t like spinning rides unless they spin backwards, but I do love me a good rollercoaster especially if it’s an old, rickety wooden one.

They specifically are allowing toys to be manufactured so essentially covers everything.

But, ain't there always a but. The SF Bay Area is allowed to be more restrictive.

Have I missed any news from Alameda County?

No. Construction restarted with protocols. The company doing my closet and pantry shelving reopened so I might he able to get my clothes off the floor and the food off my dresser before the end of the month.

Adding: it’s a smaller family owned and run company

Last edited:
That's only true to a degree. A lack of money can often be the entire reason for unhappiness. Poor housing and environment, or having to do dull and unpleasant work, due to a lack of money will make a lot of people very unhappy. I know this personally as I used to be poor and it made me miserable and unhappy in the extreme. Since building enough wealth to not have to work at a job I dislike, and now living in a much nicer house and area I am generally very happy and contented.

Some people are indeed just miserable b*****ds regardless of money, but money, if you know how to manage it well, really does often bring happiness with it.

True to a degree - is that like sort of pregnant?

Wow and on May the 4th. Probably good it wasn’t 4-20.:cool:

How do you know it wasn't? Musk posted this around 5:40pm CA time - doesn't mean baby was born exactly at that time. Maybe posting on twitter was delayed for 1 hour 20 min while he called immediate family first. :D It could very well be around 4:20 time of birth:p:p

Over the last 5 years:

The S&P 500 has returned 34.44%
AAPL has returned 127.79%
TSLA has returned 230.22%

Any more questions?
Are you including the per share dividend that AAPL has paid over those 5 years? I have made more in dividends from AAPL each year for several years now, than my first 1000 shares cost me 20 years ago. AAPL has grown roughly 1500% in that same 20 years. I expect TSLA will beat that in even less time but it still has a few years to go. Having the CEO repeatedly say the SP is too high was something I never recall Steve Jobs saying though. o_O

Here's the listings on zillow:

10930 Chalon Rd, Los Angeles, CA 90077 | Zillow
10911 Chalon Rd, Los Angeles, CA 90077 | Zillow

$9.5 mil for the Gene Wilder house.
$30 mil for the mansion.

"For Sale By Owner"

LoL, what a troll. How many people list 40 million dollars worth of property without pictures or a realtor? Anyone interested may get to be Elon's friend at least. 9.5 million is not bad, Trendtrader007 probably can pay that in cash. Should do it to feed us insider info when Elon invites you to his bbq parties.

After-action Report: Mon, May 04, 2020: (Full-Day's Trading)

VWAP: $737.73
Volume: 19,238,500
Traded: $14,192,851,743.54 ($14.19 B)

Closing SP / VWAP: 103.24%
(TSLA closed ABOVE today's Avg SP)​

FINRA Short/Total Volume = 42.9% (42nd Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 52.8% (56th Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)

Comment: "Uptick Rulez; Shortzes Droolz. :p"

TSLA - SUMMARY TABLE - 2020-05-04.png

P.S. Congrats Elon + Grimes + 1B-baby :)
Elon Musk and Grimes Welcome First Child Together | PEOPLE.com (1 hr ago)

No. Construction restarted with protocols. The company doing my closet and pantry shelving reopened so I might he able to get my clothes off the floor and the food off my dresser before the end of the month.

Adding: it’s a smaller family owned and run company
Easy enough to create a hashtag for things that are open and more ridiculous than Fremont.....

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Are you including the per share dividend that AAPL has paid over those 5 years? I have made more in dividends from AAPL each year for several years now, than my first 1000 shares cost me 20 years ago. AAPL has grown roughly 1500% in that same 20 years. I expect TSLA will beat that in even less time but it still has a few years to go. Having the CEO repeatedly say the SP is too high was something I never recall Steve Jobs saying though. o_O

Including AAPL's dividends, TSLA still wins. And Tesla is just hitting its high growth period. The first four years of that 5 year period TSLA didn't appreciate at all!

AFAIK, neither Steve Jobs nor Tim Cook ever opined that the stock price had gotten ahead of itself. So if that makes you more comfortable, then AAPL is a viable alternative. Elon is not making you invest in Tesla. Personally, I think corporate leadership is the single most important factor as to where my investment dollars go. I'm very confident in Tesla's management but if you have serious doubts I recommend finding companies to invest in that you are more comfortable with than TSLA. There are a lot of companies to choose from.

reversing my stance on $tsla - clearly the downside expectation did not play out as expected
and sp shows strong upside action
time to go superlong again
never fight the trend
opinions are worthless-only market action is the truth
the only reason i have made the kind of money in stocks is because i change my opinion very fast based on market action and act immediately with zero regard to my prior expectations
opinions are totally worthless
i love to be wrong and make tons of money
superlong $tsla
even though i am superlong $tsla again, this time i am 100% common stock with some margin instead of calls
i am nervous about calls but find common much more comforting
in case i get whipsawed and lose big money
call premiums are too rich
common is the safest bett
now that downside scenario is pretty much decimated-what is the upside likely $1400 to $1600 over next several weeks to months
if it happens faster then i will take my money and run

Last edited: