Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this the cell aging equipment? I heard some was ordered for Fremont before the 'pause' in production. We'll never get complete info, but some sources and stories are clearly self-serving and should be ignored.

I've been doing some sleuthing ... which definitely proves ..... I have too much time on my hands... :)

A number of media outlets carried the original story but in all cases the link to the Korean times is now broken...

A search of the Korean Times site, no longer contains the story.... but has stories like:-
LG monitoring Tesla's plan to manufacture batteries

This could simply be some IT glitch....

True or false, Tesla probably doesn't want the story in the media..

My understanding is battery formation is the initial charge of the battery which lays down the SEI layer, it takes a number of hours.... I'm not sure what ageing is .... if that is the same thing or something which happens afterwards..

What does it all mean? ..... I think I need to watch more sport on TV :)

WSJ News Exclusive | Tesla Registrations Plunge in California, Data Tracker Says

Nice hit job by the WSJ. Basically says that sales really took a hit during shut down. Shocking /s.
Excerpts:
Nationwide data isn’t yet available. But across the 24 states that Dominion tracks, Tesla registrations declined 33% to 14,151 vehicles during the first two months of the quarter compared with a year ago, while those for the broader industry fell 43%. The researcher estimates the markets tracked, including New York, Florida, Texas, make up 65% of the whole U.S. auto market.
Analysts surveyed by FactSet now project 430,000 vehicle deliveries, on average, down from their estimate of 510,000 in February. Tesla hasn’t reiterated its full-year outlook; before the pandemic, Mr. Musk predicted deliveries increasing more than 36% to over 500,000 vehicles.
Deliveries in the second quarter, analysts believe, could fall 31% to 66,000, which would be the company’s worst performance since the first quarter of last year,

Excerpts:
Nationwide data isn’t yet available. But across the 24 states that Dominion tracks, Tesla registrations declined 33% to 14,151 vehicles during the first two months of the quarter compared with a year ago, while those for the broader industry fell 43%. The researcher estimates the markets tracked, including New York, Florida, Texas, make up 65% of the whole U.S. auto market.
Analysts surveyed by FactSet now project 430,000 vehicle deliveries, on average, down from their estimate of 510,000 in February. Tesla hasn’t reiterated its full-year outlook; before the pandemic, Mr. Musk predicted deliveries increasing more than 36% to over 500,000 vehicles.
Deliveries in the second quarter, analysts believe, could fall 31% to 66,000, which would be the company’s worst performance since the first quarter of last year,

Tim Higgins strikes again.....

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Excerpts:
So the headline could have just as easily and accurately read,
"Tesla registrations 10% better than broader industries first quarter decline."

WSJ News Exclusive | Tesla Registrations Plunge in California, Data Tracker Says

Nice hit job by the WSJ. Basically says that sales really took a hit during shut down. Shocking /s.

followed by
wed 6:23am on my IB news ticker

MS “reiterating” tesla underweight and price target 650 on china demand

they were quoting jonas talking to some MS china auto analyst saying that tesla china demand won’t last

...if it first you don’t succeed, try try again

——-
but we can’t be surprised by some sudden selloff. we’ve been warned now a few times. it’s probably coming. jonas and his consortium are scum of earth

aaaand the kicker

cowen initiates coverage of nkla with target $79 or something. “more than just a truck company”

the borrow rate on nkla now at ib neg 771

a general collateral stock is like spy or msft or aapl so you’d pay roughly .25% to .50% right now.

nkla costs 771.0%!!!

yes you read that right (according to my stock loan desk)

Last edited:
followed by
wed 6:23am on my IB news ticker

MS “reiterating” tesla underweight and price target 650 on china demand

they were quoting jonas talking to some MS china auto analyst saying that tesla china demand won’t last

...if it first you don’t succeed, try try again

What a loser. "No really guys, didn't you hear me? I'll say it again...

Really? China demand? That's probably the place that has the least demand concerns of anywhere in the world, lol.

possible 100kWh battery for the 3/y, CATL talking about a million mile battery, permit to act as a Utility in the UK, etc.

The 100kWh battery for Model 3 rumour has been shot down by Elon himself.
The million mile battery is no secret, Elon has mentioned for years that that is the goal. If battery day news will be "mind blowing" as Elon suggests, it's not a stretch to imagine the million mile battery seems within reach. So this is not a leak or new info. Only speculation that CATL has something to do with it.

Permit to act as a Utility in the UK is the only thing people did not see coming, but this could be anything and speculation is useless. There is however no "leak".

TL;DR: no Battery Day news has leaked. Only there is rampant speculation by Youtubers with too much free time on their hands based upon Elon's Q1ER statement that it will be mind-blowing.

Hit pieces having lesser and lesser effects to stock price.

The Hedgies who read WSJ -- still waiting for market to crash.
The RobinHooders who don't -- running away with the markets :)

We are living in age where internet allows access to info and tools to take advantage of the situation. cheers!!

Don't hate, brother has to feed his family.
YouTuber crossing over to the "mainstream".

How much do they eat?

MKBHD has over 11 million subscribers growing by 3,000 new ones daily and has accumulated over 2.2 billion views since it was started out back in March 2008. In a day the videos in the channel collectively get an average of 2 million views and this should generate an estimated revenue of around $10,000 per day ($3.6 million a year) from YouTube ads.

source: How Much Money Marques Brownlee (MKBHD) Makes On YouTube - Net Worth - Naibuzz
with leak (at 6.6M subs): https://www.quora.com/How-much-does-the-YouTuber-MKBHD-Marques-Brownlee-earn