Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Navigant Consulting. Big engineering consulting firm. My former college roommate worked for them for awhile. They don't have a damn clue what they're talking about WRT autonomous vehicles. Sold to Ankura Consulting in 2018.

I mean really. Does ANYONE believe Tesla is LAST in autonomy? Not even a TSLA bear sh*tting in the woods REALLY believes that.

Thx all who replied. At least he wasn’t making it up - just relying - purposely I assume - on bad data. It is crazy that they are so brazen to put Tesla last, makes them look ridiculous.

TA like that is just showing the possibilities. I think it's even more likely that MMs have already staked out $1,400 for Friday's Close (per @Lycanthrope ) and that the Upper-BB will simply 'catch up' to the action. Since it's climbing about $40/day that could happen tomorrow. It was $1363.68 at today's Open: (look at the slope of the red curve) :oops:

View attachment 562022
I will note that this current break-out is the longest run in at least several years where the SP has stayed above the Upper-BB.

I think the large institutions and brokerages are accumulating in anticipation of TSLA's Earnings Report and a subsequent addtion into the S&P 500.

BTW, if the S&P Committee DID NOT included a full year profitable Tesla in its premier index, and Tesla declares a $2B profit in Q3 driving the SP well over $2K, then when the flood gates open, there will be carnage on an unprecented, Nader-esque, scale. IMHO.

EDIT: h/t to @Sudre for his excellent analysis at #177489 regarding MMs/Options Writers desired SP for Friday.

Cheers!

Guess not, huh?

• Funny
Reactions: Tslynk67
Tesla Downside If China Arrests Musk
US propaganda is crazy enough for this story to actually affect the stock. Many people have zero understanding of Asian culture. But propaganda = fear + (manufactured) hate.

Now if the reverse were suggested, such as that a Western country, like my own, might arrest a top Chinese financial figure, that would be quite believable.
That article was so stupid and pointless. Yeah, no crap. Of course it would hurt a company for their CEO to get arrested. Hey, let's also write articles on how bad it would be if Bigfoot abducted Musk.

Anyone heard of Navigate Consulting?

Gordon "Bozo" Johnson quotes them today on a Yahoo finance video as a company that rates self-driving cars, and who list Tesla as dead last in autonomy

Just to fact-check I googled them and found nothing. Anyone here heard of them?

The video is titled "Tesla stock surge 'completely detached from reality" on Yahoo Finance homepage. the clip I mention is at 3m 20s.

thx.
I believe it is a legacy auto funded research consortium and staffed by legacy auto people.

Reactions: Silentk and AZRI11
Tesla Downside If China Arrests Musk
US propaganda is crazy enough for this story to actually affect the stock. Many people have zero understanding of Asian culture. But propaganda = fear + (manufactured) hate.

Now if the reverse were suggested, such as that a Western country, like my own, might arrest a top Chinese financial figure, that would be quite believable.
You mean like Huawei?
Nah, will never happen. Again.

If people aren’t ditching their cars to switch to cabs at $2.50 per mile (Edit: now) then I don’t see them doing that in the future either. I for one am certainly not going on holiday with a car that would cost me $1 per mile. The trip to the sun and back would be $1500. Hey, let’s check out that town 20 miles from here. Another $40. Call me cheap, but I bet that my fellow countrymen think the same way. And don’t say that we should rent one, because in summertime, there is a load of people who would want to rent at that same time. Car sharing is a perfect solution for a subset of the market.

FSD must be affordable. When I’m old, and you don’t want me on the road because of my deteriorated driving habits, you would be fine with me in an FSD car. I can assure you, with my expected pension funds, I’m not in the market for a 150k car. And if Tesla doesn’t sell an FSD car at a decent price, competitors will. That’s what happens if you don’t fill demand yourself. Which is why VW is smart to come with the ID3, why the MG ZG sells fairly well here (despite the fact that Chinese cars don’t have a good reputation here (yet)) and Elon has to hurry up with model 2.

I AM old and the potential for FSD's keeping me alive while trying to drive in the deteriorated condition that comes with 80+ years of age is what keeps me going. So far, the incipient deterioration is gaining on the FSD progress!

OT
I have been investigating setting up a line of credit through JPMorgan Chase. The minimum LOC is 150k. I offered to transfer 200 shares of TSLA to one of their brokerage accounts to back the credit line.
I got radio silence for 48 hours and then a message. "We actually don't think that would be enough, are there any other non-TSLA securities you could transfer in?"

Well yes but, NO.

OT
I have been investigating setting up a line of credit through JPMorgan Chase. The minimum LOC is 150k. I offered to transfer 200 shares of TSLA to one of their brokerage accounts to back the credit line.
I got radio silence for 48 hours and then a message. "We actually don't think that would be enough, are there any other non-TSLA securities you could transfer in?"

Well yes but, NO.
You mean 100 shares? ;-)

Bear attack. You can tell by the FUD articles and headlines today like this one:

Tesla’s stock is forming a bubble and new buyers should buckle up for a crash

Very likely some hedge fund managers called in to the media to release an update to this article from February.

Indeed, something like that could have been the case.

CNBC had been teasing for an hour about a Tesla bear appearing. This coincided with a significant down-slide. However, minutes ago he actually appeared rather circumspect in his bearishness. Meanwhile, those buying Nikola today may have had to first cash in some Tesla.

Wall Street and hedge funds thrive on two-way volatility. Their spokesmen have been advising to wait for a dip to buy Tesla. So today they’re providing one. The heavy trading volume during the recently ended hour points toward the manipulative triggering of stop limits of weak longs who don’t care about paying 2020 taxes. Now this hour the dip buyers may have started taking advantage.

Nikola has released a video of a FC truck that MOVES!! That's far more than I was expecting.

We had a fuel bus about 8-6 years ago where I work. That pic into the fuel cell bay doesn't look good...the air lines are chaffing against the cooling silicone lines. Are the connectors weather seal? There is a bunch of loose tape on the LV harness and it even seems like the LV lines are sitting on top of the HV lines. It doesn't look good IMO and it looks like a nightmare to work on.