Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The truth is likely a combination of factors. But I believe Elon when he says the range was problematic. Because when does range tend to matter? That's right, when you're on the Interstate going 75 mph. And that's precisely where the Model Y with a smaller battery would start to show it's limitations. But I agree with your other points.

Just realised a possible implication of there not being a short range Y any more...

Is it that maybe orders for the high end version of the Y are so insane that they know there is no need for them to even consider building a cheaper version for a while?
Even a <250 mile range tesla would sell very well, but maybe they literally cannot build the long range high-margin versions fast enough to satsisfy predicted demand.
Nice problem to have.

My opinion is an SR Y would hurt Model 3 SR sales. So until they can build that many SR Y, they would be taking money off the table. After China and Berlin Y factory’s are running, a MR Y will appear at about $44k. The 3 will be further improved or upgraded to MR at the same price as SR.

Also competition is ****ed.

Lots of possibilities, and I agree with @StealthP3D that the truth is almost certainly a combo. But another piece that I haven't seen mentioned is that no one's really towing with a Model 3. A lot of people will tow with the Y. We know towing eats range like I eat delicious pizza, so Tesla may not want to release a vehicle meant for towing that will have a range well < 200 miles when towing even a relatively light trailer. Maybe I'm stretching, but starting at a rated 316 mi will give a much better user experience than starting at 250 when towing.

For all you looking at what might happen today we have a couple interesting points on the upside. 1656 is the first pit stop then there’s room to 1710’s. Good luck!

n00b question. How do you come up with these numbers, along with resistance on the negative side? I'm only looking at Bollinger Bands and VWAP over here.

I've been here a while, I don't think those figures make you the largest investor around here, in fact I know a few dealing in larger numbers and I'm sure there are many I don't know about. It's just not wise to disclose your net worth for your own safety. Don't want to see anyone hacked, robbed or worse. I personally have never understood why anybody needs tens of millions but it was commendable investing in Tesla through all the tough times to help the transition to EV's. Still a long ways to go but likely the company will do just fine from here on out. If Tesla puts me in that position of having more than I need, well..I think it will be rather character defining to see what is done with all this newfound wealth. If you do come across this problem now you have more influence to do good in the world, be like Elon, there's more to life than the # in your account.

Obviously explaining why you believe the stock will move certain ways would provide more value than "It's going to 4,000 because I make *!&*%loads more than you do". Do you owe us an explanation or any of your thought process? No, certainly not. I do assume you've used research that required a lot of work and life experience from others on this forum provided for free. That's kind of what makes this a great community, the wealth of knowledge and everybody having different backgrounds. Share, don't share, I don't care. But you're literally asking for attention so expect the negative along with the, no offense but somewhat naive cheerleaders. Don't let someone else think for you, take control of your own portfolio and be responsible for the gains and losses. Use info from many sources and use it to the best of your ability. GLTA. No point in squabbling, we're here to help each other right? Things are good, our research is paying huge dividends. Maybe our planet has a chance yet, I hope.
To be honest I did not read your super long post but all I have to say is when idiots try to troll me bully me irritate me I will put them in the proper place. End of the story
I will not suffer fools gladly

If you’re not here to make money why are you here?
The Mission. I have made money, but that is not why I'm here.

In the '70s, people used the slogan "you can't hug your children with nuclear arms".

Today, the accumulation of green-house gases we've put in our atmosphere now adds 1 Hiroshima bomb's worth of heat to the Earth every second. And emissions are still increasing.

Tesla is the ONLY company in the world that is working to avoid the fiery fate that awaits us all (even the rich) if we don't reduce our carbon emissions.

Some things are more important than money. This is the fight of our Generation.

Jus' sayin'.

Last edited:
I new this would happen ... but in July 2020 .. no way o_O... getting a little queasy ... need to shut computer down ... don't want to do anything i might regret today .. like take profits

Odds matter. I'm not sure you understand them.

I would suggest this might be a good time for you to act a little more like a dead person.

Any guesses on what's happening to the short interest?

It seems to me that there'd be almost as many if not more fools shorts piling in as we climb as there would be covering, so it seems likely we see a rise in short interest as we shoot up.

I'd think that would add even more fuel to the fire for S&P inclusion.

$TSLA short interest usually drops when the price rises, and goes up when the price falls. That way $TSLAQ loses even more money than they already would shorting $TSLA. Not the brightest bulbs in the circuit, really.

Plus hedge funds usually have maximum exposure limits for any one position, so when the price goes up they have to cover once they hit max exposure. For example, Chanos said recently his limit is 5% for any one short position and he hit it a long time ago-- so has to keep covering as the price goes up.:p:D