Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has $TSLA this week paid for your holiday? :)

Yes, but no. I actually earn a "good whack" as a freelance IT consultant, plus my wife is an official at the European Commission - so between the two of us, we're already very fortunate.

This allow me to not draw on my $TSLA positions, just grow them, with a view to exiting the day-job sooner, rather than later.

Just saw this new Audi commercial on the tv. Totally flaunting with Elon's achievements..

Not sure if they're trolling themselves or if they are total idiot's :)

I wonder how your Audi reacts upon sensing your mood when you realize, "Damn, I should have bought a Tesla!"
Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 3.09.32 PM.jpg

EDIT: @BlackS beat me to it. That's what I get for being too many pages behind.:(:)

How does that work? (Selling call lowering the stock)
A person has an in the money call, three options:
  1. Sell it and gain SP/strike difference plus time value
  2. Execute it and gain SP/strike difference.
  3. Hold till close.
1 and 3 don't impact SP. 2 only does if they then sell the stock, but if they were going to do that then 1 is more profitable.

All three options impact the share price indirectly through the delta hedging that is required.

Heck, why not.... a little something of my own making:

View attachment 576250
I need TSLA to keep going up. I love brewing but it's hard to find time with my stupid day job in the way. Ok, it's not that bad, I'm very lucky. Stable (the job not me), well paid, low stress, and I like it at least half of the time.

Last edited:
Apparently those also need to turn the ignition after every standstill now? I was so confused for a while, wondering why nearly every new Merc or Volvo I saw was a manual transmission and why suddenly everyone seemed really out of practice driving stick.
Yes, the only way they can be environmentally responsible is not to run.

Remember last Friday when I said the stock was low, time to buy? Well I didn't and just rode what I had with no remorse. (But grabbed some more shares the week before).

Here we are again, Fri calls in motion I presume, stock dropping again. So I will say it again... LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER BUYING OPPORTUNITY (but not advise).

MMD seem to be weak since the split announcement making this even less scary with the new regularity as things get honest.

So now might be a good time to pre-even up your post split share count.

Even when they're trying to advertise for themselves, they can't help but advertise for Elon.

Thanks Audi - we TSLA shareholders appreciate the advertising you're doing for us.
[Put on tinfoil hat]
Audi's top dog said Tesla was 2 years ahead of everybody
Battery Day is approaching
Now Audi is trying to associate itself with Elon Musk

Looks like someone is priming for a battery deal, taking a page out of the Milton Playbook:D

Last edited:
How does that work? (Selling call lowering the stock)
A person has an in the money call, three options:
  1. Sell it and gain SP/strike difference plus time value
  2. Execute it and gain SP/strike difference.
  3. Hold till close.
1 and 3 don't impact SP. 2 only does if they then sell the stock, but if they were going to do that then 1 is more profitable.
@StealthP3D responded and he's right. If you're buying options, your counterparty (typically MMs) hedges the risk buying or selling shares. No one in their right mind for instance would sell you calls and remain unhedged. Such people quickly go out of business.

When you take profits by selling the calls, the MM buys back the calls and sells off stock hedging it.

I wonder how your Audi reacts upon sensing your mood when you realize, "Damn, I should have bought a Tesla!"
View attachment 576266

EDIT: @BlackS beat me to it. That's what I get for being too many pages behind.:(:)
Hmm I wonder how Audi adapts to a mood of suicidal depression with flashes of homicidal rage. Asking for a friend.

[Put on tinfoil hat]
Audi's top dog said Tesla was 2 years ahead of everybody
Battery Day is approaching
Now Audi is trying to associate itself with Elon Musk

Looks like someone is priming for a battery deal., taking a page out of the Milton Playbook:D

I think that unlike many other investors, I wouldn't be disappointed to see Tesla get into the pack manufacturing and supply business.

One reasons is that I don't see anybody else in the world in as good of a position as Tesla to build the volume of packs that the world is going to need in the coming years and decades. We need to be measuring annual output in TWh, not in GWh, and the only company I see with line of sight (assuming internal cell manufacturing that we're expecting to be announced as part of battery day) to TWh of annual production is Tesla.

Now, I would prefer to see Tesla supplying packs (and motors / drivetrains) outside of the existing vehicle business. I'm thinking the wide variety of commercial vehicles (transportation, ag equipment, road building, and other specialty stuff moving equipment). In these markets, I would like to see Tesla supporting existing (or new) manufacturers by being a robust, reliable, and high volume supplier of their high quality packs / drive trains that enable the DTNA / Volvo truck / John Deere tractors / Blue Bird bus / ... type companies electrify rapidly. Those other companies can handle the parts, service, etc.. And if they really want OTA updates etc.., then that's a different agreement or they need to build it themselves.

These other commercial segments also need to electrify in order to have sustainable transport, and I believe that the best path to accelerating the advent of sustainable transport in these other markets is to find existing manufacturers that are ready to sell out on the electric drive train because their value prop is elsewhere (mfg many different configurations, each with relatively small build numbers; high quality parts and service on very short turnarounds; training for captive fleets so they can service vehicles themselves; etc..)

But the point is that Tesla is actually building factories and acting like a company that wants to be building and consuming TWh worth of batteries, and partners that handle the rest of the activity after the packs / drivetrains are supplied, are a potential huge demand driver for more and more batteries.

(It's the batteries!)