Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Forty-four billion eight hundred seventy-seven million nine hundred fifty thousand dollars.

That's how much the 26M shares would cost if share price didn't go up anymore. Whoops.

Forty-five billion one hundred fifty-six million five hundred forty thousand

EDIT: And there's another Billion:

$46.16521 Billion USD @ 10:33 hrs​

Last edited:
Anyone having issues with Thinkorswim this morning?

Yep. Been a mess all morning and now I can't even log in. Due to the error I sold my swing trade a little too early and I wasn't able to see if the MM dip was coming. It didn't! I'd be more upset about losing some upside if not for the fact I've got a bunch of never touch shares stashed away elsewhere. "Waahhh...I only made xxxx instead of xxxxx in 10 minutes". Good problems to have. :)

Gary Black's latest thoughts on TSLA:
https://twitter.com/garyblack00/status/1295356042684112896?s=20

upload_2020-8-17_7-1-51.png

Yep. Been a mess all morning and now I can't even log in. Due to the error I sold my swing trade a little too early and I wasn't able to see if the MM dip was coming. It didn't! I'd be more upset about losing some upside if not for the fact I've got a bunch of never touch shares stashed away elsewhere. "Waahhh...I only made xxxx instead of xxxxx in 10 minutes". Good problems to have. :)

Ditto, I was thinking of asking the same. Hope it's not because of 7 digit issue :)
Spinning trying to install updates. Luckily today is just watch and see day for me :)
I could log in via the mobile app though.

• Informative
Reactions: jpsgoneev
This is so my experience as well! A friend was looking at buying an Ipace and I took him for a ride in my then Model S. He ended up doing a test drive of the Model X and bought one a couple of days later. Almost a year has passed and he still loves to talk about it, still happy, and has never looked back.
This is what true friends do.

Perhaps FOMO market buy orders accumulate on the Robinhood-type platforms over the weekend that spike demand when the session opens? According to RobinTrack, TSLA is the second most "popular" equity after AAPL on their platform. It's nice to be "popular" for us long-term HOLDRS.

I'm sure this news before the open helped, too:

"Wedush Lifts Tesla's Price Target to $1,900 From $1,800 as China Demand Accelerates, Maintains Neutral Rating"
Nah, none of the above. It's MONDAY :)

Sorry if already posted. China registrations down in July
Tesla's China Registrations Sink in July | The Motley Fool

In April 2020, Tesla’s China registrations, including imported cars, fell to 4,633 units, from 12,709 in March. Its sales are usually lower in the first month of each quarter than in the remaining two. (from Reuters)...

usually a drop off the first month of the quarter. this is a nothing-burger imo.

• Informative
Reactions: lazybot