Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Holy Moley - over 60k instances of the Aug 21 2000 calls were transacted yesterday, along with 14k open contracts today. I can't tell if those 60k contracts were mostly an increase in open interest, a decrease, or roughly neutral.

My first thought, and I'm particularly bad at identifying direction, magnitude, and timing of movements - but this setup reminds me of the multi hundred dollar move several weeks back. Some very large call positions were established just in front of that big move.

Name this Chart:

TSLA.chart.2020-08-20.13-21.png

Some alternatives:
  • The New 'S curve'
  • Look at that Escargot
  • This is not your father's Oldsmobile
  • Imma tell ur daddy
Cheers!

Careful, there's a few here where they passed their birth year earlier this week, won't name names...

And seriously, WTF. Previous close bear-raid (check), gloom and doom - stating the obvious from the Fed (check), pre-market manipulation pushing the stock down (check). OK, a good day to set a sell order for the "weird strike" call I need to roll and hey, look at the open, promising, wooo $1896, it triggered, OK, it goes down, now to rebuy a normalised post-splitterino strike.

And vacation strikes - wifi not working, 4G signal dropping out, can't login to broker. No stress, it's pretty static, capped at $1890. Until...

OK, got back in, 16/10 c1380 rolled to 20/11 c1500 - might even work out better as it takes in earnings, which are going to stupefy the stupid this time!! $57k premium for both, in case you're wondering... Already had >2x on the call I rolled.
ok, now that you rolled to 1500, I'm sure we'll be over $2000.
How do I know?
Got caught and kicked out of FB, NFLX and AMZN early in my investing career '13-'15. That's how I ended up in TSLA

From my ticker’s news feed. Is this the sign that Tesla has jumped the shark?

Tesla Owners Can Find Their Electric Flame -- Overheard
8/20/20, 11:57 AM
If someone purchasing a top-of-the-line Tesla Model X a year ago had instead bought the company's shares, he or she would be sitting on a paper profit of three-quarters of a million dollars by now. But then, while money can't buy you love, that Tesla might.

Owners of a car that regularly needs to be hooked up to an outlet have just as much trouble hooking up as the rest of us. Now a new dating service, the Tesla Dating Co., seeks to make it easier.

"It became a big part of their identity," says Ajitpal Grewal, the Canadian e-commerce entrepreneur who is developing the app. "Suddenly it hit me: These people would be perfect for each other."

The site requires applicants to prove Tesla ownership before joining. Yet Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk, the man who named his four vehicle models so that they would spell "S-3-X-Y," has no affiliation with Mr. Grewal's venture.

It is hard to imagine a similar app for, say, Fords or Toyotas, but then how many owners of those cars can name the chief executive of the manufacturer, much less worship him? This one describes itself as being for an "exclusive community of like-minded Elon stans...the kind of people that really understand you."

There are no face shots, you only swipe left or right on a picture of a Tesla.

(Russian) roulette when you meet in person.

ok, now that you rolled to 1500, I'm sure we'll be over $2000.
How do I know?
Got caught and kicked out of FB, NFLX and AMZN early in my investing career '13-'15. That's how I ended up in TSLA

Eh? You'll need to elaborate a bit, don't understand...

Was a nice swim, thanks, but a bit naughty to sneak up to $2003 when I wasn't looking.