Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn’t except the stock split to cause the stock to go up this much. Oh wait, it hasn’t been split yet.

I didn’t expect Battery Day to cause the stock to go up this much. Oh wait, we didn’t have It yet.

I didn’t expect the S&P announcement to cause the stock to go up this much. Oh wait, it hasn’t been announced yet.

I am the only one miserable right now...
A newbie stupid mistake is costing me dearly...DEARLY.
About $130/share since I got did the dumb move of trying to afdd a couple of shares by selling and trying to re-buy within 48 hpurs of each other....
You guys enjoy this for me. Vuz I can't. and I halfway called it.
It wasn't a very expensive mistake, you'll be alright.
I cut my portfolio down by 80% (I mainly play calls) on the BS that happened around 2019 Q2 P/D report. If I had actually made money through that ER, my account could be 40x what it currently is, which...I cannot fathom. TLDR I was sad for a bit, I don't care anymore lol.

Alright everyone...its been a fun ride...i sold off everything at $2285. I am going to take the proceeds and buy a CT, pay off the house....oh wait....just realized it was a dream :) carry on $TSLA
If I sold all at 2285 I would have to pay my annual income in taxes.

I can’t even think of selling anymore

my opinion, which is worth everything you paid for it, is that the stock split isn't the cause, it just acted as the catalyst for the market to realize that Q2 was good -- really good considering COVID -- and starting to come to terms with its position for future growth.

So to me its just a delayed Q2 reaction/COVID recovery triggered by the split, not the split itself.

Sure there is the delayed reaction, even though nobody has proved it one way or other, this run is a result of the naked squeeze(MMs being forced to get neutral because of the dividend) before the S&P infinity squeeze.

I think MMs employed a controlled call buying strategy and slowly started exercising those calls to avoid shooting the price up too much.

Funny these “Tesla of China” suddenly became “Tesla Rival” when they’re not plummeting.
AC89ABF3-D4FE-4CA2-942A-0213D0EA51C7.jpeg

9B16846A-C71F-494D-BFC2-22065305B4B5.jpeg

But I want to stress again they are not Tesla rivals.
If Tesla is Apple of auto.
XPEV is trying to be Xiaomi, they offer lesser product with lower price(and margin).
While NIO is Huawei Mobile, they sell to nationalists, who for some reason just can not buy foreign brands.

btw, what happening to SP?

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
It's gotta be. This can't all be just because of investor expectations.

it's a number of simultaneous catalysts.

• In the minds of both the public and most mainstream analysts, Tesla was always kind of hanging suspended between uber-bulls convinced it was going to take over the world, and uber-bears perpetually predicting it will be completely out of business and worthless in three months. With Tesla now undeniably profitable, building multiple huge factories simultaneously, and having all the cash it can spend on hand, the "eminent bankruptcy" narrative has died a long overdue but sudden death. No longer suspended between the two narratives, it has sprung like a snapped rubber band in the direction of the bulls.
  • The stock split may or may not be forcing naked shorts to cover.
  • Impending S&P inclusion means everyone is expecting an influx of demand once that happens, which means nobody wants to sell the shares they own.
  • Battery Day hype is a minor factor whose current effect on the stock price is probably overstated. It appeals the most to people who are already bulls and weren't going to sell anyway. To clarify, i'm not saying that the tech they explain at Battery Day won't be mind-blowing. I'm just saying the idea of Battery Day is not currently blowing the minds of anyone other than hardcore Tesla bulls, and probably not a big factor in this run-up.

Unfortunately, my trading account only had $3500 in it as of this time last year... But OK, it's going in the right direction.

Some of you may remember when I vowed to make the mythical $1000 trade turn into $1m, well I lost the direct opportunity as the calls I bought last year for $1000 I stupidly sold for a measly 125x return, and if I had held they are currently worth $1.5m

However, with much blood, sweat, tears, stress, and heart palpitations, I'm edging closer to that $1m, basically starting from that one trade.

Yeah, I watched you and agonized over having a go (as an indecisive chap, I'm doing a good job at impersonating a dead investor)!!

also salivated over the Jan21 690s (which i didn't buy, of course)and still go back an look occasionally (telling myself it's for educational purposes).

So, chapaeu for your great work! I see how much easier it was (even at the time) to build out of those big dips; as we all knew Mr Market has it wrong.

I so dearly want to get my "3500 build going, but don't have the guts to put it on the line now...awaiting that mythical 50% pullback. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Tslynk67
It's nice to see the article about the moron who crashed into a cop car while watching a movie on AP, isn't making a dent.
Same here. Wonder how many people are being forced to HODL because of the tax ramifications of selling after huge gains? The other option is just to retire early in order to get into a lower tax bracket.
I'm planning on being in a higher tax bracket when I retire. ;)

Reactions: bpjod and Big Time
Haven't seen all of this morning's posts, so I'm hoping all is well with you and your family? You're not near that chemical plant are you?

Just heard Port Arthur dodged a bullet, so that's good. Take care and prayers for all folks in the path of this storm...
Thanks!

It was a non-event for us. Amazing that only 1½ hour drive to the east was disastrous.