Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am the only one miserable right now...
A newbie stupid mistake is costing me dearly...DEARLY.
About $130/share since I got did the dumb move of trying to afdd a couple of shares by selling and trying to re-buy within 48 hpurs of each other....
You guys enjoy this for me. Vuz I can't. and I halfway called it.
Could be worse, imagine being short. Look at this as a learning experience. :)

But...but....a stock split does nothing for the fundamentals of a company....dunno why it would go up 65%+ in 12 trading days.
my opinion, which is worth everything you paid for it, is that the stock split isn't the cause, it just acted as the catalyst for the market to realize that Q2 was good -- really good considering COVID -- and starting to come to terms with its position for future growth.

So to me its just a delayed Q2 reaction/COVID recovery triggered by the split, not the split itself.

I've long believed you shouldn't have ANY money in the market you need to access in 2-3 YEARS. If you have invested money you need soon, sell now. Not because anyone knows what will happen but precisely because NO ONE KNOWS what will happen. The money shouldn't be invested in the first place.

It's a nice theory. But in this case, the only reason I need the money "now", is because I've invested them in the first place and they have grown 10x in 2 years. :)

pfff, $130 a share is less than 6%. don't sweat it.

Lol sorry but TSLA has really spoiled us. 6% in one day is no big deal?

In this case let’s say he had 100 shares so effectively he will only be able to buy back 94 shares for the same money(simple math). Once you take compounding into account this can turn out a huge mistake. I know it will only make him feel worse but we are all learning here. Nothing against you @lafrisbee

Good grief... pushing $2,300.

After that big dip/return the other day I've been tempted a couple of times to try and sell & re-buy to time it, and each time I thought better of it. Glad I did.

I am indeed HODL'ing... and it feels like this:

memorex-thumb-425x284.jpg

(And to add to it, a friend just dropped off a bottle of 10 yr. old Islay Single Malt as a thank you gift...)