Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New member here.....
I just thought I would say "hi" I have been lurking for a while learning lots and enjoying the ride*
As far as my ride* goes I am going to have to save a bit more before I can afford my first Tesla. But Do own a "few" shares TSLA...

On topic I did see a great post of a story on BEV on NPR.
I am sorry if this has been posted already. I have been needing to skip ahead because of all the posts and having only 24 hours per day...smile

"As More Electric Cars Arrive, What's The Future For Gas-Powered Engines?"
As More Electric Cars Arrive, What's The Future For Gas-Powered Engines?

One of the things I thought as I was reading this was it should be cross posted far and wide. I have not seen any reporting of this on MSM...

Again thanks for all the info on TMC
Robert

New member here.....
I just thought I would say "hi" I have been lurking for a while learning lots and enjoying the ride*
As far as my ride* goes I am going to have to save a bit more before I can afford my first Tesla. But Do own a "few" shares TSLA...

On topic I did see a great post of a story on BEV on NPR.
I am sorry if this has been posted already. I have been needing to skip ahead because of all the posts and having only 24 hours per day...smile

"As More Electric Cars Arrive, What's The Future For Gas-Powered Engines?"
As More Electric Cars Arrive, What's The Future For Gas-Powered Engines?

One of the things I thought as I was reading this was it should be cross posted far and wide. I have not seen any reporting of this on MSM...

Again thanks for all the info on TMC
Robert

Welcome, Robert, to TMC. Thanks for sharing that article.

CFRA analyst Garrett Nelson has a BUY rating on Tesla and raised the price target to $420 in December. He replaced Efraim Levy who was a long time Tesla bear.

Tomorrow at 11 am EST, CFRA will conduct a webinar on its stock appreciation ranking system and portfolio performance. You can register at: STARS Portfolios and Model Portfolios

You can then participate in a Q&A session. They’ve always answered at least one of my questions.

Just to make clear to others, since this confused me at first glance: you're noting that the upgrade happened in December, and this post is just announcing the webinar. Aka, this isn't a new upgrade (not market-moving). :)

Should we be short-term scared of what Musk may have done on meme review? ;)

CFRA analyst Garrett Nelson has a BUY rating on Tesla and raised the price target to $420 in December. He replaced Efraim Levy who was a long time Tesla bear.

Tomorrow at 11 am EST, CFRA will conduct a webinar on its stock appreciation ranking system and portfolio performance. You can register at: STARS Portfolios and Model Portfolios

You can then participate in a Q&A session. They’ve always answered at least one of my questions.
Just to make clear to others, since this confused me at first glance: you're noting that the upgrade happened in December, and this post is just announcing the webinar. Aka, this isn't a new upgrade (not market-moving). :) ...

Yes. I mentioned the analyst's bullish outlook for Tesla, because it may elevate the probability that Tesla will be discussed in either the main presentation or the Q&A session

Deliveries in Germany are starting, but there are still growing pains.
I got to see my new M3P:

View attachment 378571

Could not drive it home yet, because the invoice was missing. I paid the amount anyway, hoping Tesla will sort it out. Tonight I finally got the invoice. I am a professional accountant, and I hate to pay anything without a proper invoice. OTOH Tesla has a lot of money for the next gen Roadster from me - without much documentation.

Now I am waiting for the registration papers. Date for car pick up is now Wednesday 14.00 in Nuremberg.

The lot was full of M3 waiting for delivery. The store was not very full with people. My impression, it will take a few more days and then the cars will really start moving.
Can I just mention that it bugs me that you have badging and a spoiler, and I (4.5 months after delivery) do not? Not your fault, I know...

Robert, excellent first post and thanks for linking a good article. Glad you didn't mention what you had for supper. :eek:
IMHO I believe the transition will happen much faster than Wards estimate. Why would they project BEVs increase +-100% from 2019 to 2020 however only increase +-5% from 2024 to 2025, which is about the year likely to be the infection point, when BEV become less expensive than ICE on all metrics, making BEV a no-brainer. I do agree with their projection for Plug-In Hybrid going flat and would not be surprised if they are in decline by 2025, with >250 mile range BEVs, no more need for that pesky ICE engine.
Only time will tell. I'm looking forward to it, one day at a time. :)

View attachment 378647

I believe that graph represents the number of available models, not number of cars sold.

Demand secured.

C5D6A7A7-BE0F-4909-9351-9954AA5E880B.jpeg
22E3C9BE-A67A-47B0-BDF7-B6F20F138E96.jpeg

I can understand someone being naive to BEV’s and even climate change, but I really have tried to understand the Elon hate, but just think it’s sad. Anyhow....

I wonder if the s/x reworking(now that we know the chemistry is the same between cells), will mostly contain reworkingnof the cooling system, and HVAC. Making the pack able to handle the track would be awesome. It needs a super bottle. I’m more than happy with my S, but as far as competing, this would be great.

I suspect the maxwell tech might already be in the works, the next gen roadsters at the reveal could be explained by this... maybe experimental at that point. they had magic sauce....

Reactions: M|S|W
Sooooo, standard range removed from the website. Announcement coming?

https://electrek.co/2019/02/18/tesla-standard-model-3-battery-website-fans-panic/

The announcement is that it's bad to advertise something that you can't actually deliver any time soon. They are probably realizing that they should have made this change a while ago to avoid anymore confusion for customers who want to buy a M3 today. You start setting up expectations and people hold off on purchases.

Better to promote and push sales on what you actually have available today. They can always add it back when it's ready for delivery.

China economy: Slowdown in car sales deepens - CNN

So instead of noting that China EV sales nearly triple digit growth, they warn readers that ICE makers will struggle due to slow China sales.

Can we all see how this hurts our American economy?

The covering for last century’s automakers just hurts the innovation toward better modes of transport that they can’t provide citizens. What happened to the “free market?” Or is this just a hoax in order to monopolize and cartelize the market away from true innovative independent upstarts and entrepreneurs?

We have to make a decision, are we going to close our eyes and defend non innovation as a national policy and propaganda flood our citizens into thinking propping up dying businesses is “winning?” Or, are we going to allow innovative thought and true diverse and disperse entrepreneurship sprout for from our citizenry to meet the demands of a sustainable and prosperous future?

Win through having better ideas, not by defending tired ones.

Lead, follow, or get the F out of the way.

Tesla shows us this everyday.

Some news articles do a better job:
As the world’s largest auto market sputters, electric vehicles show no signs of slowing