Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So you were projecting $32 billion in revenue from China alone in 2019. wow, you are the biggest Tesla bull on planet Earth.

No offense, but I'm fairly sure you're not reading my posts carefully.

I was saying that those are sales numbers one can expect (to reach) in a market like China, not a projection.

By the way, Mercedes are indeed making >$35 billion in revenue in China alone, so with all the news that Tesla is crushing MB in the US, >$32 billion revenue now suddenly seems like an outrageous goal to set?

Then again, Tesla is of course NOT capable of achieving this goal, yet – not even close. But that's because they're still heavily constrained by supply. If this comes as a surprise to anyone, then please call this a ****ing Tsunami. For everyone else it's "well, told ya so".

Elon is on the latest Ark-Invest podcast with Cathie Wood:
Posts - ARK Investment Management
Some key points from Elon:
  • Elon guesses they will sell 1.5M cars in 2021

• 3M in 2023

• Expects to be feature complete with FSD by the end of this year

• Car will be able to find you in a parking lot, pick you up, and take you to your destination without human intervention

• He says he is certain of this

• He manages autopilot engineering in detail every week and is very very certain of this outcome

• He doesn’t know when regulators will allow them to turn on these features, particularly without human oversight
  • When does he guess it will be safe for someone to fall asleep and wake up at their destination?

• Probably towards the end of 2020

• Still doesn’t know when regulators will agree it is safe enough for that

• China and US regulators are very good; Europe is more conservative
  • He thinks Tesla has the best self driving engineers and he stressed multiple times that he is very certain they will get this done this year

Where did Tesla say how many Model 3s were in inventory?

Inventories / In-transit..

Q4 Deliveries & Production Update - "1,010 Model 3 vehicles and 1,897 Model S and X vehicles were in transit to customers at the end of Q4, and will be delivered in early Q1 2019. Our inventory levels remain the smallest in the automotive industry, and we were able to reduce vehicles in transit to customers by significantly improving our logistics system in North America."

Not talking evil, talking predator and prey. You said it is a nightmare world. And it is, regardless of whether humans are vegetarians.

Our local farming family that we source meat from gives animals lives much better than anything they would have in the wild.

Yes, what a wonderful a family they must be, until they slit the animals' throats of course . . . .

Here's a tip: Teslas now have vegan interiors for a reason. One might argue they are among the only ethical automobile manufacturers.

Why not become part of solution rather than remaining part of the problem?

COWSPIRACY: The Sustainability Secret

Dr. Melanie Joy re: Carnism at TEDx Munich:

Frank‏ @fatropea
Last time I pumped gas (actual photo) was 10/28/18 at 8:21PM. When was your last time? ...or, when will be your last time? Be sure to take a photo for history. Future generations will find it interesting. #NoMoreGas #ElectricVehicle #Tesla #ICEHistory @tesla @elonmusk

DzuRvXLX0AUKHla.jpg

2:57 PM - 18 Feb 2019
Frank on Twitter

Inventories / In-transit..

Q4 Deliveries & Production Update - "1,010 Model 3 vehicles and 1,897 Model S and X vehicles were in transit to customers at the end of Q4, and will be delivered in early Q1 2019. Our inventory levels remain the smallest in the automotive industry, and we were able to reduce vehicles in transit to customers by significantly improving our logistics system in North America."

Yeah, that isn't an inventory number. That is the number of sold vehicles that hadn't been delivered yet. Tesla doesn't report inventory numbers.

• Informative
Reactions: X Fan
That is in opposition to Carsonight’s reports that the SR pack line is being installed at GF1, the size of a football field.

A new pack architecture doesn't rule out something like the scenario I've hypothesized, of a new, more cost-effective and lighter MR pack design that's software-limited to SR.

As I've said before, charging speed is a concern that I have with the SR that was announced in March 2016 - software-limiting a MR pack to SR would eliminate that concern.

EU agrees to cut truck emissions
Big news - most will have to go EV to meet this I assume? Hybrid not very relevant in this market.

Depends on what you're doing.

Hybridization won't help an already-efficient (for an ICE, anyway) diesel much on the highway (it'll help a little, but eh).

However, a lot of trucking is things like last-mile deliveries in cities, garbage trucks, and things like that, where hybridization can help. I could see manufacturers chasing that, instead of fully committing to electrification - basically, don't even try to make long haul trucks more efficient, and focus all efforts on urban trucking.

Anyone with Bloomberg subscription can tell what this article is about?
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

As happens every year, an opinion writer with an oil or ICE industry bias tried to mock the risk factors section in Tesla's 10-K. Here is what I added to the comments section of that article.

That was in the risk factors section of a 10-K in which it is incumbent upon any company to describe all considerations with potentials to negatively affect shareholder equity. Within that section of a 10-K virtually all public companies feel compelled to provide or invent a plethora of reasons that they could go bust at any moment.