Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been entertaining a scenario where Elon is forced underground. Bores his way under international waters where he builds a secret lair. Supervillain Elon would still build rockets (which likely exit / re-enter volcanoes to stay under the radar and just be totally badass) as he builds a mars colony. He'd still sell us badass vehicles of course... it is my imagination after all and I'm still going to need a good suv.
He prefers volcano lairs.

Ok just slogged through the last 20 pages of this thread. Sort of amazed* that there has been not even a single mention (could be wrong but was looking carefully) of “CFO” or the name “Zach Kirkhorn” in those 20 pages.

Would love to know what his contribution was to this overnight debacle, if any. It all feels like an Elon thing but I wonder if this was Zach’s first big move as CFO. If he’s no longer with the company come April I guess we’ll have our answer.

*I confess I had to go google his name :)

The debacle was in the implementation. So I don't know why you are singling out Zach.

(and no, I will not link to Dana's click bait articles):

upload_2019-3-12_15-34-0.png

Trip Chowdhry from Global Equities, a long time bull who is rated pretty highly, thinks Q1 will be a bloodbath

View attachment 384983

He had a PT of $550 a couple months ago

View attachment 384985

Trip Chowdhry is the biggest buffoon in the analyst community - anyone who rates him highly is sorely deluded. Just because he is/was a Tesla Bull doesn’t make him at all worthy of being described at all as a competent analyst.

His most deluded/attention seeking forecast ever: (On Apple in 2014) “They only have 60 days left to either come up with something or they will disappear.””

Like I said, Total Buffoon.

Are you kidding?! Her Law Professors? The bloody Constitution? You Americans amaze me, how your Freedoms are for sale to the loudest squarkers, and how you tolerate the worst abuses from those above you.

If I was Elon and the Judge ruled for the SEC, I'd leave the country, and faak y'all. Other countries actually WANT a clean, green future. The USA barely deserves one because of *sugar* like this.
The judge will be very careful here. Elon has a good rebuttal and the SEC case is weak (just like their initial case). Judge would be cognizant that if she rules against Musk, that the case would go to appeal, with at least a 50-50 chance to overturn.

On the other hand ruling against SEC, unlikely that SEC would seek appeal as they know their case is weak. Would not waste further govt resources on such a trivial case, when more pressing matters are there (I perhaps falsely assume that some sense of logic still abounds at the SEC.)

Can’t wait to celebrate $300 for the 99th time

Don’t expect to celebrate soon, obviously the powers at be didn’t like the stock move today, so here comes the downgrade from Morgan Stanley. You wonder what the reason is for this downgrade?

Well, the current narrative, you’ve heard it before: Tesla cost cutting measures and lowering prices across the product lines must mean there is a demand issue.

Model 3 forecast reduced, downgrade of price target from $283 to $260.

Thank you very much, Adam Jonas! You’re either incompetent or in the pocket of the powers at be (or both).

Last edited:
Not a lawyer... having said that:

I think the most important part of the response is the part about the pre-approval only being valid for 2 days, because that goes to the heart of the SEC's case. There is a lot of language trying to get this thrown out altogether, which is fine and compelling however should we allow for the government's interpretation of this rule it would clearly be a full and complete gag order and would not allow Musl to discuss anything related to Tesla.

The SEC's interpretation would mean that if he wanted to refer to e.g. 2011 data he would need to seek pre-approval on something that has been public knowledge for 8 years. This would mean he could never give an interview as the CEO as anything he discusses would need to be constantly preapproved.

The way Tesla interprets it says that for NEW & MATERIAL information he needs to release it within 2 days of the approval. This actually makes sense.