Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the front page of cnn.com, halfway down the middle...

Where we ought to see news about the unveiling of the Model Y...

Instead we see this...

Geez.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 9.14.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 9.14.15 PM.png
    483.2 KB · Views: 97
You guys are killing me with the pickup thing. It’s so obvious. We are looking at the back of the cab roof of the pickup truck. That’s a glass roof, common in Tesla’s. LED strip is a brake/reverse light.

View attachment 386891
No, brake like is red, not white. White would be distracting, actually, on the back. Additionally, Tesla logo on top of the roof is too high for anybody to see. Tesla logo must be on the hood or on the back of the truck.
For the back, I think the position does not make sense. If it is the front, then I think headlights are not on. They are below the white stripe.
What is shown is the hood without the cabin..

What a disappointing week! Looks like I'm going to lose most of my money on the calls I bought for next Friday. I thought we would get more of a climb on the rumor going into last night. When that didn't happen, I thought we were safe from the drop. I was wrong again. When the SP went below 280 today I bought 2,500 shares on margin, hoping to sell them after a quick $10/share rise in the SP. Hopefully that happens soon, and I'm not wrong 3 for 3. At this point, the only thing that is going to bring the SP back up is RESULTS! As in huge production and delivery numbers. So I'm hoping that Tesla doesn't let us down in two weeks when Q1 numbers are released. Lately, my faith in Tesla has backfired on me, and the FUDsters are winning....

There were lots of good advice on this board regarding leverage and speculation. You probably want to spend a weekend to read them.

What you are doing is short term speculation with leverage. You can do this with small amount for excitement and fun, large scale leveraged speculation may hurt you, unless you know you are good at it. Tesla is heavily manipulated. The manipulators have an advantage against you if you are trading short term.

Buy the rumor sell the news is a real thing for a valid reason. If you are trading around events, make sure you fully understand why "buy the rumor sell the news" happens a lot. We explained this in the past.

I just hold my shares, keep accumulating cash through all means, and keep adding shares when the price has a big drop. I don't want to help the haters in anyway, so I definitely don't want to buy high then get forced to sell low, or buy options and let GS and Morgen Stanley pocket the money.

I added some shares today as planned, I'm not worried if it goes lower or higher in the near term.

No, brake like is red, not white. White would be distracting, actually, on the back. Additionally, Tesla logo on top of the roof is too high for anybody to see. Tesla logo must be on the hood or on the back of the truck.
For the back, I think the position does not make sense. If it is the front, then I think headlights are not on. They are below the white stripe.
What is shown is the hood without the cabin..

If that's the hood, it seems like the front would be problematic both for aerodynamics and pedestrian safety. Do pedestrian safety requirements apply to pick-ups? Even if they don't, EM might care.

Karen's posit seems plausible.

Reactions: skybluecgreen
View attachment 386886

A wilder guess: this is the front, the slots are head lights, dark plain is the windshield, it’s not perpetual to the ground but tilted by a small degree, driver sitting top-left under the glass facing right.

I think you’re right. They did away with the hood and just extended to windshield all the way to the front bumper.

You guys are killing me with the pickup thing. It’s so obvious. We are looking at the back of the cab roof of the pickup truck. That’s a glass roof, common in Tesla’s. LED strip is a brake/reverse light.

View attachment 386891
That makes sense. I was perceiving the close side as angling up, but it's angling down just like the far side.

Last edited:
If that's the hood, it seems like the front would be problematic both for aerodynamics and pedestrian safety. Do pedestrian safety requirements apply to pick-ups? Even if they don't, EM might care.

Karen's posit seems plausible.
I think aerodynamics is out of the window with the cyberpunk. It must have a bigger/better battery to compensate. With easy connection for power tools, I believe this is a power truck, not a save more energy truck.

• Disagree
Reactions: skybluecgreen
I think aerodynamics is out of the window with the cyberpunk. It must have a bigger/better battery to compensate.
I thought so too at first but if that's indeed a front end and not something else, take a close look beneath the light strip. Appears to have a more sharpened dolphin face instead of rounded like m3/y. The shadow on the ground in front (meant to be cast from the front end) suggests something more rounded at the leading edge, I imagine a squished dolphin face.
(edit nvrmnd looks like it's the giant f150 carring f500 series beast after all)

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
saw this on reddit and i’m pretty sure it’s correct. Take a look at the teaser picture on your phone and rotate your phone 90 degrees to the right. The lights and the headlights and there is no hood just a glass windshield. like this:
View attachment 386899View attachment 386898
ya that looks like the right path after all! ok i hope they at least charge like $500k-1M as someone suggested before here for roadster and this if it came to this style... cause F-it they'll pay.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
saw this on reddit and i’m pretty sure it’s correct. Take a look at the teaser picture on your phone and rotate your phone 90 degrees to the right. The lights and the headlights and there is no hood just a glass windshield. like this:
View attachment 386899View attachment 386898

Shadow doesn’t make sense like that... I’m going with that being the glass windshield, but with it very flat(i.e. image is upright, lights are headlights, driver facing to the right and slightly towards viewer). It’d look goofy and squat that way, but fits with cyberpunk theme and Elon already said he doesn’t think people will like it.