Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why Tesla needs Elon Musk - CNN “What he said!”

Not too many annual investor meetings ago, someone all but begged Elon to stay. There is an old saying, “do not change horses midstream.” While the boots on the ground are solid, there are numerous battles yet to be fought and won before he can retire. The end game is still to be achieved folks.

Toyota brought someone in to take something like the Prius to all electric a year or so ago, but nothing yet ~ damned crickets, get them out of here:)

VW, their integrity?

The old saying for the auto industry outside Tesla/Elon is, “lead or get your bald tires out of the way.”

I'm very disappointed in investors though(not retail investors).

The fact that retail investors are bullish says everything. Wall St thinks they can outsmart everyone and make a quick buck while retail investors are actually investing in the future. I hope retail investors hold all the shares when the stock price takes off.

I am likely reading too much into this, but the laptops Flint Schools received were Chromebooks and the in car web browser is switching to Chromium.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1109076945189376001

You probably are.

There's basically four options for school computers, to summarize:
  • Windows 10 laptops (low to high capex, high opex)
  • MacBooks (high capex, high opex)
  • iPads (medium to high capex, low to medium opex)
  • Chromebooks (low capex, low opex)
That's why a lot of schools are now using Chromebooks (although there's now privacy concerns, given how tightly tied Chromebooks are to Google's ecosystem).

And, as far as Tesla switching to Chromium for the in-car browser, they were using an old WebKit before AFAIK, Chromium and its Blink engine are derived from WebKit, and much of the web targets Chrome first nowadays. It's not something that I'm happy about (I'd prefer either using current WebKit from Apple, or better yet, Gecko, to fight the Blink monoculture), but it's the rational decision for Tesla.

So... $TSLA shorts are as "smart" as ever, shorting when $TSLA is low so they can cover at a loss when it starts to recover:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2g3XWVXgAUk5Vm.jpg

ihors3 said:
$TSLA short interest is $7.50 bn; 28.35 mm shares shorted; 22.40% of float; 0.30% borrow fee. Shs shorted are up 619k, +2.23%, over the last week & 1.4 mm shs, +5.15%, in March. Shorts are up $1.50 bn in mark-to-market profits in March & $1.83 bn year-to-date.

Dire warning, in its research, Oilprice.com has concluded, that Tesla Struggles To Compete In European Market

Pull out now!

I clicked so that you didn't have to.

ZeroHedge, founded and run by not so anonymous Bulgarian emigrant and con artist Daniel "Dan" Ivandjiiski, writes this howler:

"The leading EV market in Europe has been Norway, which is showing another telling trend. BMW has nearly 77 percent of that market, while Tesla recently has seen a sales decline in the country."​

Which news I'm sure must be surprising to Norway's vehicle registry officials, who have received record Tesla registrations this month, with 7 days still to go:

If anyone still has a ZeroHedge registration left they might want to head over and clear up this small factual misunderstanding!

Or maybe just let their readers offer extra liquidity to TSLA bulls?

Decisions, decisions ... :D

Last edited:
So... $TSLA shorts are as "smart" as ever, shorting when $TSLA is low so they can cover at a loss when it starts to recover:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2g3XWVXgAUk5Vm.jpg

So they're amplifying on the way down by shorting and then also amplify by covering when it's going up. This is not helpful to one's blood pressure...:confused: Still a nice ride once it pops though.

I clicked so that you didn't have to.

ZeroHedge, founded and run by not so anonymous Bulgarian emigrant and con artist Daniel "Dan" Ivandjiiski, writes this howler:

"The leading EV market in Europe has been Norway, which is showing another telling trend. BMW has nearly 77 percent of that market, while Tesla recently has seen a sales decline in the country."​

Which news I'm sure must be surprising to Norway's vehicle registry officials, who have received record Tesla registrations this month:

If anyone still has a ZeroHedge registration they might want to head over and clear up this small factual misunderstanding!

Or maybe just let their readers offer extra liquidity to TSLA bulls?

Decisions, decisions ... :D

Very recent, if they ran out of cars to deliver... (which would bode well for reducing the EoQ rush)

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I believe that some traders believe in technical trading :D
Of course, that only yields some predictive power as we don't know how much of $TSLA is being traded on a technical basis...

In principle, it's irrelevant whether one self as a trader believes in technical trading.

If enough traders in general believes in technical trading, then trades based on that belief will influence the stock price.

It's like trying to foresee the outcome of a beauty contest. One's own impression of the candidates is less important, what counts is what one thinks everybody else thinks of the candidates.