Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lot of speculation regarding the morning spike. Was surprised as everybody else. In fact, thought for sure that it would go down due to the delay of the report, so I sold some shares at 288, but ended up buying them back at 292. Ouch! I still think there is a good chance that it'll go back down, but didn't want to risk it (it's part of my core position, which I rarely trade).

It certainly could have gone up for many of the reasons speculated here, but I'll just point out that it went up right to the top descending line of the monster falling wedge pattern. Any further and it would have broken out from that wedge, which I guess it was not quite ready to do. Sometimes, stocks move purely on technical reasons, which may have been the case today.

Still, with 2 big fundamental news imminent, the stock can certainly break out of that wedge this week. But lacking any signif positive news, I think we fall back into (or stay in) the wedge pattern and fill some of those daily gaps before finally breaking out later this month.

Either way, I have some weekly 310 calls and 260 puts for a spec play.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Fact Checking
I'm either too stupid or too Australian for this joke. Anyone want to explain it to me?
MV5BMjc4OTc0ODgwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjM1ODE0MQ@@._V1_SY1000_SX675_AL_.jpg

Labeling in the labor intensive part.

Google does lots of collection for Maps/Streetview.

“Lots” is relative and from those sources, it’d be a tiny amount compared to what Tesla gets. Also, relying exclusively or mostly on that data would make any model overfit to the street view sensors. Since they don’t use the same sensors necessary for autonomy in Streetview, using that data would make any resulting model near worthless for that task.

Tesla’s models, of course, would, and very likely/certainly do massively overfit to their particular sensors and sensor locations. That would be a huge problem were it not for the fact that those same specs are present across the fleet.

• Disagree
Reactions: Mader Levap
Haven't fully caught up with the thread since the FSD announcement but I seriously doubt they would hold this event if they didn't have quite a few new features to show and are pretty confident in them. Otherwise, there would be no point in doing this at this time, just wait 4-5 more months
Yeah, the first big display will be what sticks I think.

This is exactly what happened to me so no. My literal thought was "ok great, it's dead..." then I tried driving and realized it worked fine. I had my car a few weeks at that point.

Edit and it's really silly to go over every single post of mine on this topic and click disagree.

We are very much in the tragedy-of-the-commons stage with the model 3. There will be Tesla buyers who won't help themselves and you just have to accept them. Help them learn or take away their Tesla. I vote the former, no matter how stupid they seem to be.

This is part of the general consumer population that the shorts have been "warning" about. In time, we'll get through this phase just like the smartphones did.