Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If they are really production constrained
Are you still in doubt of demand? I find it hard to believe they would have a demand issue, especially now that they are delivering internationally. I don’t think they have a demand issue, but they are just struggling with the logistics of such a rapid expansion in production and deliveries.

Last edited:
This post has 10 disagrees and 3 ironic funnies. The arrogance of this forum is astounding. You are losing against a 5 year market index. I didn't make the mistake neroden did thinking SolarCity was a good idea or what FC did thinking a hardware chip is an important advantage or what almost everybody did not doing the simple math about the implications of a model 3 that cost 38k to build after the dreadnought idea was proven bullshit.

After 15 years of investing in the market the truth remains that all online message boards have negative value.

:rolleyes:

You’ll be departing then? Yeah, didn’t think so.

I think it was more the pointing out that Chanos only makes money once a decade.

The truth sometimes hurts. I actually loved that after that, Chamath said he’d be happy to compare his record to Chanos’. How about a graph of the two records posted all over the place? That’d warm the cockles of my heart.

Last edited:
Are you still in doubt of demand? I find it hard to believe they would have a demand issue, especially now that they are delivering internationally. I don’t think they have a demand issue, but they are just struggling with the logistics of such a rapid expansion in production and deliveries.
I think that at the moment the demand equals supply and it is fairly balanced.

However, in the long term I would be happy if TSLA would do low margin subcontracting for GM and at the same time increase the prices of Tesla's vehicles by 20%. The price elasticity for TSLA is pretty low, people will buy them no matter the price. We could see it by fairly little effect that the discounts in January and February had. It works the other way the same. That way they are in compliance with the mission and pumping out as many powertrains as possible. At the same time they get by far the best margins in the industry for their own brand.

Lots of news coverage here in BC on all the latest developments as far as the 10.000 dollar CEV and Federal EV grants. Kinda cool because they come right off the price. Right now the new prices for our two top choices are about

Tesla Model 3 SR plus at 50350
Nissan Leaf Eplus SL at 39150.

We still lean towards the Leaf for charging reasons but the model 3 is tempting.

I’m willing to bet there won’t be an inventory Tesla SR plus in BC for months. Let alone Leafs or Kias. Maybe a few of the bolts will start to clear out as well.

Woohoo. Going to be a banner year for EV’s.

I think people should just stfu and let the guy continue to change the world for the better than nitpicking about a few month delay or cherrypicking the predictions that were out, rather than the ones which were accurate. And there have been some really significant predictions which are accurate, like mass-producing model 3 by 2019 (prediction made in 2015). If someone cares so much about quarter to quarter results, or short term profits, or Elon not being a smooth presenter, or whether he delivers 6 months later than he promised on something, then they are just missing the big picture when it comes to how Tesla is going to change the world. They are getting caught up in window dressing. And it's quite easy to get caught up in the rollercoaster of the stock price and all the drama and news put out around the company and Elon. But at this stage, it's hard to imagine a world where Tesla doesn't succeed in joining the likes of Amazon/Apple as a tech/manufacturing giant, yet people still complain about Elon - the man who is making it happen. If they think he is doing a bad job, why don't they go build their own multibillion dollar companies?
That's why I think the company should go private. We have eleven years to try and change our behavior, quarterly results mean nothing in the long run.

I think people should just stfu and let the guy continue to change the world for the better than nitpicking about a few month delay or cherrypicking the predictions that were out, rather than the ones which were accurate. And there have been some really significant predictions which are accurate, like mass-producing model 3 by 2019 (prediction made in 2015). If someone cares so much about quarter to quarter results, or short term profits, or Elon not being a smooth presenter, or whether he delivers 6 months later than he promised on something, then they are just missing the big picture when it comes to how Tesla is going to change the world. They are getting caught up in window dressing. And it's quite easy to get caught up in the rollercoaster of the stock price and all the drama and news put out around the company and Elon. But at this stage, it's hard to imagine a world where Tesla doesn't succeed in joining the likes of Amazon/Apple as a tech/manufacturing giant, yet people still complain about Elon - the man who is making it happen. If they think he is doing a bad job, why don't they go build their own multibillion dollar companies?

No, I will not STFU. Instead, let me ask you this:

When Elon Musk has a self-admitted problem with deadlines, how does it benefit his credibility and by extension Tesla's that he commits to forward looking statements involving specific deadlines?