Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Geez premarket is below 200.

I’m on a flight or otherwise I’d buy some more shares.

The MS FUD is clearly ridiculous....they’re just trying to kill off Tesla while we’re down.

Just got to push our way to good deliveries this quarter (this may not be the best quarter to “smooth” out deliveries btw) and FUD should die down (somewhat of course because they just take another item out of their playbook).

So what’s the bullish spin on lowering S/X prices? Obviously they aren’t selling too well. I think people are opting for CPO because the prices on used Teslas completely tanked
A few more...bull spins.
They are realizing more cost savings ( I mean model S has to be only slightly more expensive to make.. I always wonder that their S-SR should not be more than $10k to build vs the 50k model 3LRD).
End of quarter push
Benchmarking with competition
A bull argument is still that they are targeting even higher demand than say 20k a quarter.

It is personal. Time to ban Adam Jonas from calls/investor invites. No need to lose time on remarks/questions from clowns.

What's he gonna do? Lower PT to $0? Take questions from the proven shareholders e.g. Ron Baron, ARK, Baillie Gifford
That’s a nice way to kill the stock. Remember Q1 2018 conference call? We need analysts to be asking tough questions, because Elon isn’t helping investors by missing guidance and almost outright lying.

How many people here bought when he said that Q1 would be breakeven or slightly profitable? We wanted to see Tesla in the S&P and believed Elon. With barely any warning, Q1 was one of the worst quarters in terms of loss. And now Q2 won’t be profitable either. Obviously the company needs to go private at this point

Despite of Tesla’s wish to get rid of the wave, they will probably not succeed in doing that this quarter. There are several circumstances (negative sentiment, Raven delivery delays due to certification or other issue, tax incentive cut from 50 to 25%, many ships for Europe and China still at sea) which will cause June to be an extremely hectic month again, until the last hour.

We need analysts to be asking tough questions,

Geez - you mean like the same Adam Michael Jonas of Morgan Stanley, who "downgraded" Tesla today, asking this genius of a "tough" question last August:

Adam Jonas: "There's an argument that a fully autonomous car is essentially like a Terminator that is programmed to save lives in highly complex terrestrial environments and that this same technology with a few tweaks have some pretty obvious military capability."​

... right? Tough, intelligent questions?

because Elon isn’t helping investors by missing guidance and almost outright lying.

... because it isn't helping when you are making inane assumptions about what Wall Street analysts do, and it doesn't help that you are repeating false TSLAQ smear attacks against Elon.

Last edited:
I think the market gave Tesla that value when Model S+X sales were strong.

For me, the biggest miss for Elon on the Q1 call was the cannibalization question. The Model 3 is clearly taking away market share from the Model S, and the current refresh is unlikely to be enough.

There are Model 3 owners who would have stretched their finances to buy the Model S, but didn't because the Model 3 exists.

I'm worried the Model Y has done the same thing to the Model X, too. There are buyers who would stretch their finances to buy a Model X but are now waiting for a Model Y.

Apple saw this with the iPhone 5C. That's why there isn't a 5C phone anymore.

There may be a small population where that is the case. On the other hand, there are people like me -- who could not justify spending that much on a vehicle and have now bought into the Tesla dream by reserving a Model Y.

If Tesla does to the Model Y what Apple did to the Iphone 5C, will that make my Model Y an appreciating asset? :)

Adam has to be stupid to even quote $10 price target. Why not bankrupt? I mean if the stock reached $10, most likely the sales would drop to extreme lows. So why even $10?? This is pure manipulation.

I don’t think it’s about a lack of smarts, I think it’s about trying to max out the false message of the media blitz effort.* By ringing the ‘disaster’ bell at $10 (after the false “Code Red” bell Dan Ives rang yesterday) and the ensuing round of headlines & media appearances we’ll likely see today, Jonas has steered things so he can ring the ‘disaster’ bell again, and louder, with a future note with a $0 scenario.

* Here’s what I’ve heard the false message of the years long media blitz to be: “Tesla, Musk, and their products are toxic. Stay away from owning the stock or the cars, and don’t even think about trying to defend that childish scoundrel, it will only reveal that you are childish and/or a scoundrel yourself (ie, ~you can’t not be agreeing with us when we say Musk is unacceptable~ as has basically been said in word and tone in nearly every interview on CNBC, Yahoo, Bloomberg, when a host brings up Musk to a guest. Sort of like a gun in the network host’s hand to the head of the guest to agree on air that Musk is ‘toxic’ if the guest has not already given that false message clearly).

How many people here bought when he said that Q1 would be breakeven or slightly profitable? We wanted to see Tesla in the S&P and believed Elon. With barely any warning, Q1 was one of the worst quarters in terms of loss. And now Q2 won’t be profitable either. Obviously the company needs to go private at this point
If you can't handle the volatility, get out of the stock. Quit whining.

I'm really surprised there are not more posts about demand right now on this forum (or if I've missed current ones, please provide some links).

I assure you there are a crap ton of posts on the topic and have been for a number of weeks now. You don’t need a link, just go back in this thread to the last ER date.

It’s a good thing I had a good deal of cash laying around. (You’ll understand that comment when you catch up on your reading assignment.)

To be clear, I'm big believer in the superiority of Tesla's products and in the company's competitive position, especially over the long term. However, the company may be facing a big temporary challenge as its near term demand may be very different than what the company expected for its cost structure. I'm not worried about the demand picture in the very long run. But I think how the demand picture shakes out near term is of critical importance. Thoughts or comments are appreciated.

This is my thought: :rolleyes: And thanks for the post. One step closer to yacht number 2.

Hey all you long timer's here would you say this round of gloom and doom about TSLA is as bad as it has ever been?
I have only been following for a couple years and in that time frame it certainly seems to be as bad as ever.

To my eye it is almost upside down from reality....as in the future ....while uncertain...... has many more upsides that what was apparent a few years ago.

Great clean energy car's and factory's to produce them growing up in part's of the world that want them....demand in other part's of the world that Tesla can't satisfy.

Continued improvement in these same product's ....the irrationality of this stock is ..well....irrational.

Where the ROFLOL smiley when you need it? If it goes to $10 then I'm buying a truck and backing it up...

View attachment 410123

This headline is so silly but a predictable scare tactic. Why not report: Morgan Stanley’s bull case is $391?

6C26B08B-5703-4CA5-A3BC-ADBB909D2C08.jpeg

Continued improvement in these same product's ....the irrationality of this stock is ..well....irrational.

Things only look irrational if you model them with a wrong model.
Stock exactly reflects the public image of this train-wreck of a company.

But don't you worry, they are porting unreal to the Model 3 ...