Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why would Model 3 be much cheaper than a BMW 3 series - also locally made ? I think they can still sell SR for 300k or less.

BTW, Tesla can't sell cheaper just because some people want it to.
Why compare to BMW, BMW staring at 310k RMB from what I know they are compare to US made SR+ which is less than 40k. also the Chinese M3 most likey not using panasonic battery.

Last edited:
OT

In Trump country, not one. They tried hard to defeat Trump in the primary and failed. A lot of the congressmen in purple districts lost in 2018.

Its very clear - you speak out against Trump then you go the way of Flake, Alexander et al. Even McCain had to make nice with him for a while to win the primary.

Most of the Republican candidates for the Presidency were actually running campaign finance scams where they basically raised money and pocketed it. (Some of them were quite audacious -- they walked off with a lot of money, legally. I could go into detail if people were really curious.) They were also unbelievably awful candidates -- a really spectacularly bad crowd.

But I'm not talking about the Republican primary. I'm talking about big business contributors just straight up backing the Democratic candidates with floods of SuperPAC ads in order to knock the Republican tariff-supporters out of Congress. Betcha they could take out several dozen Representatives and four or five Senators in the low-population (i.e. cheap to buy) states. I probably wouldn't like the Democrats they supported, but I expect we'll see a crop of them.

I suspect the oil patch is too ideologically tied to the Republican Party to do this, but the rest of big business? Hell yeah they'll pour money in against the Republicans. Corporate tax cuts are a nice-to-have for them, but low and predictable tariffs are a MUST-HAVE for them.

(I started researching reports. The Kochs are opposing Trump. A $15 million Missouri Republican donor has promised to stop giving the Republicans money and to fund the Democrats over the "force rape victims to give birth" bill. The Republicans really are losing their donors. Trump will have to get his funding from Russia, but will Putin bother to fund any of the lower-level candidates? Probably not.)

Last edited:
Chinese people who likes Tesla because it's unlike other brands(has big price gap between foreign market and Chinese market)
now they learned that tesla is no different than others
I'm just state the feeling of how Chinese people feel , here is the link for the m3 forum if you can read Chinese
【图】Model 3论坛_Model 3车友会_汽车之家
I hope this price would works probably more than most people here, but by what I know so far people are not happy.
I'm supper long on tsla. l have few thousands tsla shares, and keeping adding shares recently. I'm hope and believe tesla will be succeed, but we have to admit that the constant price change and the higher m3 price in china is not good for tesla.
China update:

Looks like the China website orders did some big numbers in about 3 minutes.

The site is slow and Tesla recommends patience or go to a store in person.

Might be an indicator of hefty demand in the first hours of orders.

Chinese people who likes Tesla because it's unlike other brands(has big price gap between foreign market and Chinese market)
now they learned that tesla is no different than others
I'm just state the feeling of how Chinese people feel , here is the link for the m3 forum if you can read Chinese
【图】Model 3论坛_Model 3车友会_汽车之家
I hope this price would works probably more than most people here, but by what I know so far people are not happy.
I'm supper long on tsla. l have few thousands tsla shares, and keeping adding shares recently. I'm hope and believe tesla will be succeed, but we have to admit that the constant price change and the higher m3 price in china is not good for tesla.

Don't you save a substantial amount of money on license/tax for EVs in China versus a gasoline vehicle? Does it take a long time to get a license plate on a gas vehicle like a BMW in parts of China? Possibly years? So a Tesla might have a shorter time to get a license plate since it's an EV?

this article says that it could cost $14k to get a license plate for a gasoline vehicle in cities in China, but Free for an EV like a Tesla:
China Pushes Drivers Toward Electric Vehicles out of Necessity

Doesn't that make a Tesla a bargain compared to a BMW/Audi/Mercedes?

Macros mostly. I'm very curious to see how my triple-top + sell in may theory pans out for macros.

So far at least, it is panning! Certainly appears that the S&P failed to hold the critical level at $2800 now. Definitely expecting more downside from here.

Will it bring TSLA even further down with it? Hoping $180 holds...

China update:

Looks like the China website orders did some big numbers in about 3 minutes.

The site is slow and Tesla recommends patience or go to a store in person.

Might be an indicator of hefty demand in the first hours of orders.

They must be co-hosting that order system on the same server as TMC...

Vincent is saying 3k$ deposit. Could end up being a fairly significant cash item for quarter. Hey why don't we do the pickup reveal and snag another 100m$ too? Would be sweet to throw down +500m$ free cash for q.

While people here are discussing the price, which I am pleased about as it’s not too low, I think some on the markets may be analyzing that six to ten month timeframe given for first deliveries from GF3.

If you also factor in the delay from Tesla’s optimistic estimates, there is statistically a very high chance that we’ll only see a handful of deliveries to occur by EOY (for PR purposes).
I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think the markets will be pleased with this given how TSLA is treated.

Don't you save a substantial amount of money on license/tax for EVs in China versus a gasoline vehicle? Does it take a long time to get a license plate on a gas vehicle like a BMW in parts of China? Possibly years? So a Tesla might have a shorter time to get a license plate since it's an EV?

this article says that it could cost $14k to get a license plate for a gasoline vehicle in cities in China:
China Pushes Drivers Toward Electric Vehicles out of Necessity

Doesn't that make a Tesla a bargain compared to a BMW/Audi/Mercedes?
Yes, those are main factors people switch to EV.
Chinese are compare to SR+ price in US because they believe Tesla is not like other auto brand, I hope tesla can sale has high as possible, because I'm a share holder. I truly hope it will work out, and I hope people who complain in that Chinese M3 forums will order a M3.

Last edited:
Yesterday there were only 12 Model 3's in available US inventory.
Today there are 35 !
THEY CANT SELL THEM !
BANKWUPCY !!!

It's almost--and bear with me here--it's almost... as though Tesla is in the business of making and selling vehicles, and periodically they produce more of said vehicles.

While people here are discussing the price, which I am pleased about as it’s not too low, I think some on the markets may be analyzing that six to ten month timeframe given for first deliveries from GF3.

If you also factor in the delay from Tesla’s optimistic estimates, there is statistically a very high chance that we’ll only see a handful of deliveries to occur by EOY (for PR purposes).
I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think the markets will be pleased with this given how TSLA is treated.
I hope this is a cautious number to account for potential delays.

Also, if they start production in Q4(Oct), then likely the first couple of months the output will be in the hundreds, not significant enough to post it as a promise to many. If they ramp to 1-2k in Dec as stated in Q1 call, then that's your lower estimate - 6mo. For everybody else besides the first 2k it takes longer.

So $47000 for China? Well not sure that’s going to boost any numbers

Why does Tesla publish G3 Model 3 price now? I think one of the reasons is that they want people to stop waiting, “go ahead, just order the US made Model 3, the price difference is not that big...”

Gasoline price in China is much higher than in the US, I think Tesla’s price is still very competitive. They shouldn’t try to price it as low as possible.

Could be timing a Chinese New Year roll out event potentially.

I always figured there would only be a few deliveries from GF3 before the end of the year. But remember, Tesla's delivery estimates are notoriously wildly off -- in both directions. We'll just have to watch the state of the factory.