Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Owner of Tesla with his 2 legs broken tells who controlled car during collision
  • Driver says he was in EAP (this is believable)
  • Says he didn't notice the tow truck (no duh ;) )
  • Was going 100kph
  • Has two broken legs
  • Children "practically not injured", have only minor bruises.

Once again, a testament to how safe M3 is, that's a high-speed accident and partial front-side crashed are particularly dangerous, for the kids not to have been injured is remarkable. The mass of the tow-truck must have been considerable too, doesn't look like it moved a great deal when impacted.

This a long but great read.

Hang in there and trade em well.

The Tesla Conspiracy... or Am I a Dead Whistleblower? - EVTV Motor Verks

Awesome article.

The guy is definitely overly optimistic here and there, and basically claims Tesla can have a monopoly on EVs, and all other car manufacturers will go busto. I could maaaybe see Tesla getting to monopoly territory, but only with autonomy. I do agree that at least some car manufacturers will either be acquired or go bankrupt in the next decade, but all of them seems extreme.

His claims about the SEC being in on it to some degree, and most of the money betting against Tesla being an expense rather than an investment, seem very plausible though. Thought provoking stuff.

Meanwhile, I'm very grateful for all this extra time to accumulate more shares while TSLA still has an 11-figure market cap. How much longer does everyone think that'll remain this way? I reckon 2.5 years until early 2022 at most. I don't see how TSLA can be valued at <100B$ if MY ramp is successful.

Reactions: StealthP3D
"Should I buy one: If you don’t often drive on motorways or fast-moving country roads, then yes by all means. "

F'ing lol. Don't know what kind of knob-end roads they were driving on, but I've driven plenty of roads of various types in my wife's model 3 over here in the states.

Then again maybe that's why we beat Englands not-ass all those years ago, they were too busy bitching about the roads.

A puzzling review. I've read and watched plenty of reviews of the Model 3 SR+ including plenty of high speed driving. Nobody else had anything bad to say about the steering, from what I recall. The Top Gear reviewer might have just been overly fussy or the steering wasn't to their own preference.

To be honest I didn't much like the steering in quite a few cars I've driven that felt "different" to others. But you tend to get used to whatever you're driving. They also said they preferred it with the "Sport" steering mode, others would have different preferences.

• Informative
Reactions: wipster

I thought it was rather positive - the only thing he doesn't like is the steering being too fast, but this only applies under certain circumstances - and no doubt something that Tesla will address with time.

In reading through again, I'm struck with the impression that he was desperate to write bad things about it, but struggled to do so, in the end saying that you're better off going for the LR or P model, which is what we want to see anyway.

In reading through again, I'm struck with the impression that he was desperate to write bad things about it, but struggled to do so, in the end saying that you're better off going for the LR or P model, which is what we want to see anyway.

I got this feeling as well. He didn't want it to be completely positive and needed to balance it out. And I guess he was ultimately saying: "go buy one of the more expensive Model 3s for all these plus points and more, without the steering negative".

Every two minutes twenty seconds, CNBC shows the following ticker text:

TESLA MODEL 3 CATCHES FIRE AFTER CRASHING INTO PARKED TWO TRUCK IN MOSCOW ON SATURDAY

Looking on the bright side, I suppose it's more accurate than the Electrek story which is still a mess of after-the-fact updating.

Gee, now they doubled how many trucks it hit.
Not one, but TWO !

20190812_070858-jpg.440847

Last edited: