Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You know what it also "seems" to be? Bull****.

Passenger seat? Present:

EErt0cCXYAEm5AV

Passenger door trim and upholstery? Present.

EEruDKIWwAARPm3

Driver's side? Same:

EEr7Q3dW4AE8Wo2

There's apparently half a million photographers out there. So far nobody has photographed *anything* stripped.

I’m always perturbed to see a helmet on the roof, glass or otherwise. Like scratches, Dude, especially if it falls off.

• Funny
Reactions: AZRI11 and KarenRei
Only because Tesla pulled another lever to shift the demand curve up - -lowering prices aka giving more car for the same price.

Sorry to be the pedant.
Price is one thing that never moves the demand curve. Rather it repositions you *on* the demand curve. That’s what the demand curve *is*, a plot of the relationship between qty and price.

This clever dude “Incentives” has a rant about this often confused item:

Twitter

Happened upon his tweet thread because he was first responder to Musk’s bull semen explosion tweet...

Twitter

...which left me wondering if was pre organised. “Tweeting in 3, 2, 1. Respond now”.

I’m not reading anything into it. Made that mistake before.

I regret to say I think the permabear @Teslacharts is probably right here:
TeslaCharts on Twitter
"In Netherlands, Norway and Spain, quarter-to-date Performance is 3.9% of the mix. In Texas, the second biggest state for them, it is 13.6%. Per JL Warren, China is 50-60% SR+. I can verify Canada is 80+% SR+. This tweet is simply wrong."

I verified just Norway, Netherlands and Spain, I don't know about others. As TC says, probably this reflects participation rate differences in the survey.

The trend is more important than the absolute numbers. The survey is self-selecting towards harder core enthusiasts. I don't think there are twice as many orders for the performance model than SR+ in Q3. I do think there is a trend of more performance models in Q3 than in Q2.

And of course the oldest trick of all: filling just enough electrons in the battery to last one lap.

Har har har.

Back to reality: it's interesting to me to read in the link posted earlier this afternoon that apparently today's 7:23 lap was achieved closely following 'several' prior laps.

So that's pretty clear indication that the overheating issue is not a thing on that prototype.

At this point the final results are pretty much beside the point: the S is a 'real' track car as of the Plaid release.

Oh, who am I kidding? Can we get < 7:10?

Har har har.

Back to reality: it's interesting to me to read in the link posted earlier this afternoon that apparently today's 7:23 lap was achieved closely following 'several' prior laps.

So that's pretty clear indication that the overheating issue is not a thing on that prototype.

At this point the final results are pretty much beside the point: the S is a 'real' track car as of the Plaid release.

Oh, who am I kidding? Can we get < 7:10?

Can we just get a single 'Raven' run with a time under 8:00? I care much more about what Tesla is currently selling than I do about a prototype that won't be out for a year.

To run on a racetrack, it will at least need a roll cage. No record attempt should be made without better tires (e.g. street legal race tires) and better brake pads. Otherwise it will really give a poor showing.

There is a race track close where I live. On open track days people go with their own cars. Better tires, better brakes. But no roll cages.

Can we all take a moment to appreciate the master class in PR just taught by Elon?

Starts with the very simple “Model S at Nürburgring next week”

I remember thinking “What the hell? Model S will overheat. Model 3P carries the performance banner. I hope he’s not joking. What if they can’t beat Taycan?...”

Then gradually dribbling out information over the next days.

And the timing! Oh the timing!

And all without a single Aircraft Carrier!

Can we all take a moment to appreciate the master class in PR just taught by Elon?

Starts with the very simple “Model S at Nürburgring next week”
I remember thinking “What the hell? Model S will overheat. Model 3P carries the performance banner. I hope he’s not joking. What if they can’t beat Taycan?...”
Then gradually dribbling out information over the next days.

And the timing! Oh the timing!

And all without a single Aircraft Carrier !

No aircraft carrier ?
They didn't ship those three cars over on a boat.
They sent them by AIR !

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: kbM3 and Unpilot
You know what it also "seems" to be? Bull****.

Passenger seat? Present:

EErt0cCXYAEm5AV

Passenger door trim and upholstery? Present.

EEruDKIWwAARPm3

Driver's side? Same:

EEr7Q3dW4AE8Wo2

There's apparently half a million photographers out there. So far nobody has photographed *anything* stripped.

Post that on twitter and you’ll get half a million replies about how Tesla clearly added each of those back in, had someone take the picture, then took them out again for the actual run.

Can we just get a single 'Raven' run with a time under 8:00? I care much more about what Tesla is currently selling than I do about a prototype that won't be out for a year.

Either S Raven can run a very respectable time or it can't. If it can, the PR masterstroke would be to keep everyone in suspense and drop the bombshell at the end, like the climax to any blockbuster.

If theDems win, expect big subsidies aimed at preparing for and placing labor in clean tech.
I’m a snowflake through and through, but I don’t expect any dem wins lottery ticket. Bernie and Warren would possibly force the uaw into Tesla or push minimum wage rules for sustainable energy before funding exit packages for coal and gas people. I’ll vote for a tree stump before Trump, no offense trump fans, but I don’t expect dems to be any better for Tesla. They just have to continue to be awesome, take no prisoners and expect no
quarter.