Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jonny Ivy hooked up to a 350kW charger at 23% SOC and saw a max of 200kW for a split second. 20:22 in the video. Good overall review:

I actually did not find it all at fair when he compared to Tesla. He basically listed every single Porsche advantage, he did not mention the range is about the same as the SR plus, never mind the Model S 100D. When it started charging much slower than it should have, and did nothing like 5% to 80% in 22 1/2 minutes, he just glossed over it.

Once again, he only talks in terms of charging power, and not in terms of kilometers or miles gained per minute. Plus, he glossed over the extreme massive price difference. And no mention of Autopilot (deal killer for me, and I love the Taycan).

He also said Model 3 is smaller so in a different class. But in actuality only the exterior is smaller, it’s just as big or bigger in the interior. Nobody wants a vehicle bigger on the outside and smaller on the inside!

Last edited:
But you literally said "Trump, Tesla, and V10 right around the corner." Which I read as Trump being around the corner as with the other things you listed.

I think this is off topic, but just trying to clarify...
Perhaps you haven't heard about our president today, along with a very recent discovery of an alleged White House coverup? (Trying to be neutral here).

• Funny
Reactions: mickificki
For what it's worth, max pain is down to 232.50 (from 240.00 on Monday).
Opricot Open Interest|Volume|Max Pain

Pretty thin open interest for this week's options expiry, i.e. the price setting influence of max pain is lower.

The hierarchy of TSLA price setting forces is, in order of increasing relevance:
  1. options, minor expiry weeks
  2. stock price
  3. options, big expiry weeks
  4. fundamentals
  5. financial reports
And the news today shifted the fundamentals, with good news for Q3 and Q4 financials, so both the stock price and derivatives will adjust if the sentiment remains positive.

Last edited:
Any idea what happened? These are some strong boosters.

Also: A look at auto insurance registration data in China may show Tesla sales surging

• Piper Jaffray estimates Tesla’s third quarter deliveries – a closely watched measure of the company’s sales – in China are up more than 175% compared to the same period last year.
  • “Even in a market like China, where EV models are commonplace ... Teslas are among the only electric vehicles (EVs) that consumers actually want to buy,” Piper Jaffray said.

So if Tesla is getting 110,000 orders in the quarter, and they're currently delivering 100,000 *without* GF3 producing cars, aren't they going to need to goose their demand a bit? Or are the orders naturally going to increase once GF3 starts production?

They also have preorders for the gf3, which probably aren't counted in the "net orders" stat.

So if Tesla is getting 110,000 orders in the quarter, and they're currently delivering 100,000 *without* GF3 producing cars, aren't they going to need to goose their demand a bit? Or are the orders naturally going to increase once GF3 starts production?
Q4 demand is always higher than Q3 historically. Q1 2020 will be rough.

GF3 production will lower the price of China Model 3's by a significant amount. This should pump up demand there.

This is good. Hopefully next Q is an even higher record. Simple math says they need to average over 100,000 deliveries this Q and next just to break into the low range of 2019 guidance with 360,000 deliveries.

Edit: I believe it will take a lot more than 360,000 to make a significant impact on SP at EOY. If you recall, it was just earlier this year that he was talking 400,000 deliveries in 2019.

China will do it. Even at a 1k a week (and it's suppose to be 3k by the end of the year) we're looking at 10k+ additional cars.

Reactions: SOULPEDL