Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is known.
Ap2.5 has blue pixels in the camera and changed radar suppliers.
FSD & HW3 Clarification

edit:

They do not have green.

My impression is that they have neither blue nor green, just red and luma channels. That said, it'd be very strange to me if lack of blue/green colors somehow prevented FSD capability. Outside of traffic lights(that can still be differentiated with just red), color doesn't really add much to the driving task. Sign colors are generally just made to control/command human attention, but that's not a problem for a computer that's paying attention to everything all the time.

Two things: First, a new article on Tesla's Crash Testing site:

Tesla crash lab: Exclusive walkthrough of this top-secret facility

Second, I have a theory on Jerome's hint about a change everyone would be happy about and why there is a 6-8 week delay on cars in the US:

All new cars from sometime in October onwards will incorporate the one piece body (or large portions of the body) from the patented stamping machine (vs. the old way of piecing together 74 different parts for just the rear of the car). If you see all the pictures from the test site, you see they're all labeled October 2019: A Model 3, a Model Y (although it looks like a 3), a Model X. Why would you be retesting cars now? Unless you made significant body changes and you need to re-crash test them (and send more to the safety agencies). Again, just a theory. The other reason would be a different battery pack, but I think that's more of a stretch.
haha. WTF is with the first sentence?

Say what you will about the Tesla Model 3's cost, its range or its over-reliance on that lone touchscreen.

Notably, at least for some, having power won't fix the internet. We lost power for ~44 hours. Used a gas generator(I know, I know, we're waiting on permitting again for our Solar+Powerwall order because they forgot the power wall the first time) and got power for the whole house, but internet was still down, presumably because whatever Comcast node it was connected to was down.
Did you lose cell phone connectivity as well? When we periodically lose the Spectrum internet, I just set my Pixel up as a hotspot and all is relatively well... a bit less bandwidth, but still a surprisingly strong connection.

So is Tesla doubling down on “the Wave” delivery pattern this quarter? Essentially dedicating all of production for the front half of the quarter to overseas deliveries and allocating nothing to North America?

If this was true, how many weeks does everyone think it would occur for? 7 weeks? Leaving 6 weeks at end of quarter for North America production? Could it be as much as 8 weeks international / 5 weeks North America? Could the last “week 8” of international production be able to be delivered to APAC markets before quarter end, or is week 7 a likely cut off to make it?

Reactions: Artful Dodger
If Q4 is close to be sold out now, then we don't need to worry about demand for Q1 2020. The ongoing orders from November and December will almost fill next Q1. This is very different from Q1 2019. By the end of March 2020, Tesla will have about 1 million vehicles on the road, each one working as a sales person. That's a positive factor for next Q2 demand.

email from Tesla sales to me:

I wanted to touch base with you because as of today we have a couple updates. Car deliveries have slipped to 6-10 weeks so we are already looking at end of year deliveries with current orders. Additionally the order process has had a slight update in that the deposit has gone down from 2,500 to 100 dollars - however now the 100 dollars is non-refundable if you cancel. With this all being said, I think it would be prudent to re-open the exploration on the Model S and Model 3 so that we can ensure you receive the vehicle in a timely manner.

Waiting for the afternoon battle for 262 to begin...

Indeed, the monkeyshines are underway. Certain interested parties may want to prevent TSLA from closing up 9 days in a row. TSLA trading volume is light today, which would make manipulation easier. Nevertheless, it may be rather difficult to prevent the string from continuing.

Although our Powerwalls have always kept us powered during outages, we've generally lost both cable (Charter) Internet and Verizon LTE within a few hours of the area grid going down. Starlink would be nice!

It's still great to have backup power. At least we have an AM/FM radio...
Doesn’t sound like you’ve been impacted by a major shutdown like the recent PSPS in CA.
If a utility decides to shut a neighborhood down, the nodes where you get connected to the internet such as from Comcast also go down. So, no power=no internet.

However, you can probably still get internet through your cell phone as cell towers have backup. Although, there’s been people in PG&E land saying they had limited cell signal during the PSPS, so YMMV.

Did you lose cell phone connectivity as well? When we periodically lose the Spectrum internet, I just set my Pixel up as a hotspot and all is relatively well... a bit less bandwidth, but still a surprisingly strong connection.

Reactions: wipster
Why? Wall street won't look at GF3 favorably until it can actually ramp to thousands a week.

It's obvious that Tesla will make a few dozen cars just from the drone videos. There is a real factory there.

I don't give a dime to what Wall Street analysts think. Everyone on this forum is smarter than most of those analysts. Elon Musk is pushing very hard, Tesla China is pushing themselves even harder. I think what makes the most sense is, this year, they will try to produce as many as they can using parts from US. Meanwhile they continue to finish the robotic lines and start producing on the lines in Jan 2020. Maybe reach 2k a week in Q2 2020.

Is anyone else having trouble getting say.com to load all of the questions by scrolling to the bottom of the page? I'm reluctant to post new questions until I've examined all of the existing questions.

Among other things, I'd like to ask about plans for further expansion of the Supercharger network in North America. Particularly with the truck and Y coming on the market, more prospective customers are going to be interested in driving into the hinterlands, potentially while towing trailers. Even California's rural areas need more Superchargers - just try driving a couple hours north on US-395 out of Reno, NV. Gems like Jasper National Park in Alberta are still not easy to access, etc., etc.

With the coming of all these new vehicles, at a minimum every National Park should have one inside or withing a few miles of the park.