Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you for the welcome. And yeah, I got the feeling rather quick about SA, particularly when I realized how spammy they are with emails (that smoke never ever comes without a fire, from any entity, lol).

Plus, the dumbo doesn't talk about how Tesla is doing *SO MUCH* spending in things OTHER than selling cars. I am a huge car guy, always have been for well over 20 years - almost fanatical levels - love this stuff, and, let me tell you, the traditional automakers out there are all royally screwed if they don't change very quickly. Do I have solutions? Not really, I just continue to accumulate TSLA ...

I quite well get the frustration re CR.

Nonetheless, here’s a link to their own article on the S and 3 rejoining their recommended list. It has more details, such as,

“The Model 3 is now the fifth most reliable out of 12 luxury compact cars in CR’s ratings of predicted new-car reliability, just below the Audi A3 and above the Acura TLX and Mercedes-Benz C-Class. The Model S is the second-most reliable out of four ultra-luxury cars, just below the Genesis G90. It’s predicted to be more reliable than either the Mercedes-Benz S-Class or the Lexus LS.”

and

“CR uses the reliability survey results from three previous years as a basis for predicting future reliability for any model we test.“

Tesla Model 3 and Model S Regain a Consumer Reports Recommendation

Only 5 more trading days before the cybertruck unveil.

Kinda expecting very heavy selling pressure from now until next Thursday. Not sure if it'll be successful but I think there's legit worry that Tesla could announce details such as a surprise start date for production, possibly Semi production news, etc... in addition to the cybertruck just blowing people away. There's also a legit chance of a "one more thing" at this event since it's being hyped so much.

For some reason, I have a feeling FSD features will be shown and demo'd but I'm probably just way off course. The main reason for my hunch is Elon said on conf call a new version of Adv Summon was coming and Tesla has also reiterated that they think there's a good chance they'll be feature complete by end of the year. They might be far enough along with the features to demo them again and also announce that say "early beta testers will get these features by end of the year"......That would cause a stock jump

• Helpful
Reactions: GOVA
One with a Tesla GF in Berlin could be very funny.

very tempting, very tempting.

perhaps more helpful to follow the lead of Elon’s decidedly gracious attitude towards the German OEMs after being awarded top marks on their home court.

(though, of course, Elon has also poked some fun at them over the years... perhaps now with leadership pretty much conceded, Elon’s switched to the more statesmanlike approach).

LOL. That's definitely weirder than my dream about a week ago, where the truck was revealed to be a shape-shifting vehicle. I then astutely asked Elon, "Does my reality shift based on the vehicle's form, or does the vehicle inhabit my reality?" END SCENE

You peeps are weird. I dreamed what everyone should be dreaming; dark sunglasses on even though it’s at night (insert one hit wonder song here), the latest upgraded personal Terminator at my side, driving through a horde of walkers like I don’t have a care in the world (because I don’t having made a 100 bagger with my TSLA shares making me filthy rich and owner of 7 private islands - one for every day of the week - and 2 yachts and a lifetime supply of protein bars), and mowing them down like a goat eats daisies.

Last edited:
Plenty of folks with neck and lower back limitations.

Oliver Barrett
I'm just saying, if you have issues boarding/disembarking an S or X you'll have issues with EVERY OTHER CAR because those puppies are spacious AF

You peeps are weird. I dreamed what everyone should be dreaming; dark sunglasses on even though it’s at night (insert one hit wonder song here), the latest ungraded personal Terminator at my side, driving through a horde of walkers like I don’t have a care in the world (because I don’t having made a 100 bagger with my TSLA shares making me filthy rich and owner of 7 private islands - one for every day if the week - and 2 yachts and a lifetime supply of protein bars), and mowing them down like a goat eats daisies.

NICE.

SAME.

He already said that in the ER ("hopefully"). That won't be news.

Yeah......I don't think anyone was taking that serious. Literally even on these forums, people were rightfully saying "So he's saying possibly end of year....so sometime by the end of Q1?". If Tesla shows off and demo's FSD and it's butter smooth and they say in 2-3 weeks early beta testers will be running it...….that will be taken seriously. Again this is just a random hunch...….no one should be trading on expecting this lol

Reactions: kbM3 and SpaceCash
What doesn't make sense?

Germany "sharing the cost of Eurozone bailouts" is like the United States sharing the cost of Western defense.

If German profits made from Southern Europe are returned as foreign aid/gifts to Southern Europe what is the point of profit? Germans are making cars for Southern Europe at cost as a public service for Europe?

FWIW: I’ve always looked at the creation of the EU as a currency hedge for Germany’s industrial base. As a stand alone today, the German Mark would be sky high. By partnering with the “weak sister” Europe South their industrial competitiveness was assured by having a balanced Euro.

Btw: Tesla would be smart to keep their Netherlands unit (or some aspect thereof) for tax purposes.

Reactions: saniflash
Dude you have to be super fat or old as hell to have any issues getting in/out of a Model S or X
On the contrary - my parents (in mid 80s) can only get into 3. Not into the van or other SUVs (probably not X). Leaf was their ideal get in/out car. 3 is a little low - but possible. X/Van would be too high. My wife prefers SUV / Van because of higher seating and doesn't like low cars like 3. Anyone with knee issues would have similar problems.

ps : Aren't a large % of Americans "super fat" ?

Well, just rolled my Jan 2020 that I've been holding all year. Goodbye old friend!

sometimes twitter isn't so bad:

Elon Musk on Twitter

or this one:

Omg... lol

EJTeIqWX0AANjDy